“best service”

Ranked #61 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Kyoto, Japan
“best service”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

They are all very kind and service is very good. I have stayed in Bangkok several times but this hotel for the first time. I liked here very much. Perhaps next time I'll use this hotel again. I checked in the hotel at 10 in the morning and they waited for my check-out till at 4 in the next afternoon without any additional paying.

Room Tip: Please take a room upper than 27th floor. The price will rise up much but you can get better service...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us on this website.

It is very nice to learn that you had an enjoyable experience in our hotel on your first visit to us and that our team members were able to make your time with us that bit more memorable.
I was also delighted that you were impressed with overall service, particularly the late checkout we provided in your room package.

We endeavor to ensure that all our guests are as comfortable as possible during their time with us, and I am very pleased that you experienced this from the team.

Thank you very much for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok, we do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

with kind regards,

Douglas Glen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have stayed in Landmark many times over the past few years and find them exceptional. Staff are always friendly and helpful. Facilities are great with possibly the best breakfast selection in Bangkok. Service is excellent and I often find I am upgraded in room choice.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us on this website.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience and our product and service have met your expectation. Your kind comments regarding our staff are most welcome and I was pleased that they were able to deliver their friendliness and helpfulness during your stay.

We endeavor to ensure all our guests experiences are as comfortable as possible and thank you for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

England
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed in room 1520 for 11 nights from the last few days of January to early February and I'm sorry that I haven't posted this review until now.

Positives first.
The staff were excellent - completely professional and keen to help but without being too formal.
The breakfast choice was incredible. Chinese, Thai, American, North African and European styles were all on offer, with eggs also cooked to order. The choice was utterly immense, and there was always the chance of a street view to watch the world go by. Maybe it was because of the protests but there was always ample choice of where to sit. The only slight negative I'd say was that I'd have liked an extra fruit juice choice but that is being really churlish as there were a variety of teas, coffee, chocolate milk etc. Of course it's not all about quantity, but the food was really tasty as well as there being lots of it. As you would hope, the dining area was spotlessly clean and even the tea / coffee was served in oppulent-looking pots.

The dining choices throughout the hotel are impressive, with even an English-style theme bar downstairs with a pool table and English newspapers. There is also a well-stocked bookshop on site and a gym, but we had no intention of using the gym!

The swimming pool was larger than most other hotel pools we've seen, and there was plenty of space and recliners at all times of the day. Lots of umbrellas as well, so there was sufficient shade from the intense Bangkok sun.

The location was superb, barely 1 minutes walk from the BTS (Skytrain) and as the trains come every few minutes it made getting about really easy. There is a bank (handy for money changing and the ATM) within 1 minutes walk as well, and of course the hotel is great for the night markets. In fact suggesting that it is on Sukhumvit Soi 4 does a slight dis-service - it is really on the main Sukhumvit Road rather than Soi 4 which makes getting around even easier. There were loads of good restaurants nearby, with Gullivers, Cabbages and Condoms our favourites, and Foodland supermarket do really cheap but really nice meals 24 hours a day.

We had room service on the last day when we were, sadly, packing, and that was again of really high quality but remarkably good value (especially when compared to items in the mini-bar). It was presented and laid out really nicely and tasted magnificent.

The room itself (a Deluxe Suite) was great - kept spotlessly clean every day, with 2 fridges, floor to ceiling windows in both parts of the room, 2 pretty big TVs and a large bed. Air conditioning was efficient and unintrusive. There are 4 lifts, so we never had to wait more than 1 minute to go up or down.

The appearance of the hotel itself is impressive without being tacky or over the top, and of course the staff are immaculately dressed, and are friendly and professional. It took hardly any time to check in or out.

Negatives - well, with the protests around, there was lots of noise, and even with earplugs you could still hear them, but that was probably the case for most centrally-located hotels! Bangkok is of course a vibrant and therefore noisy city so you have to expect noise. My wife found the bed quite hard.

We would return to the Landmark without hesitation.

Room Tip: Maybe avoid the rooms overlooking Nana Plaza.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcfcchris
TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent visit to our hotel on this website.

It is always a pleasure to read such very kind comments and I am delighted that you had a very enjoyable experience in our hotel. Your kind comments regarding our Food and Beverage outlets are much appreciated. I was so pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet at Atrium and The Huntsman a traditional British pub which has proven to be very popular with many guests.

Thank you for your compliments regarding our comfortable deluxe suite and I was delighted that our room facilities had met your expectation. It is also very pleasing that you enjoyed our excellent location on Sukhumvit road which is ideal for business and shopping in Bangkok, and with our connection to Nana BTS station so close, it makes an easy and practical way to travel around Bangkok.

Our excellent location, spacious, comfortable guestrooms and Food and Beverage are elements of our hotel that we are extremely proud of and it is always such a pleasure to read our guests’ positive comments.

We continually aim to deliver high standards of Thai hospitality to delight our guests and I am very pleased that you experienced this from our staff. They work so hard to deliver this unique brand of friendliness and welcoming that refelcts the Thai culture so well. Thank you very much for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed on the 25/04/14 and 26/04/14 in a club room on the 22nd floor there is renovation work taking place on the 17th to the 19th floors. This was the last two nights of our holiday to relax but the noise from the banging and pneumatic drills made this impossible . When we complained we were told if we had complained earlier they could have moved us to a higher floor

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback with us following your recent stay.

I was very concerned to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, and I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I am sorry for the noise disturbance caused during your stay. We are in the process of renovating some bedroom floors and I was disappointed that the noise from construction disturbed your stay. These works are carried out between 10 am to 5pm each day and we do our utmost to avoid disturbance during these times.

We are normally proud of the high standard we maintain throughout the hotel, and I am very sorry that we did not achieve it this time. We strive to ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times, in order to make every visit memorable and I do apologise that we did not on this occasion.

Thank you very much for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok; it will be a pleasure to welcome you back and I would be most grateful if you would contact me personally in order that I may offer suitable accommodation for you on your next stay with us.

MAV997
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I recently visited The Landmark again. As a returning guest, I knew what to expect - and was not disappointed.

Friendly and very professional staff, always eager and ready to serve the guest.

Nice and recently refurbished room, big, phantastic bathroom with shower and tube.

The breakfast buffet - what a choice!!!

Strong recommendation to stay in Landmark, when you visit Bangkok.

Reeasonable rates for a five star hotel too.

Will come again!

Room Tip: No matter what toom you choose from the offered examples on the website - sure you will feel ok with...

1 Thank MAV997
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on this website and also for your continued patronage and support over the years. This is greatly valued and very much appreciated.

I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience in our hotel and our product and service have met your expectation. Our spacious, comfortable guest rooms, excellent location and F&B are elements of our hotel that we are extremely proud of, and it is always such a pleasure to read our guests’ positive comments regarding these.

We endeavor to ensure that all our guests’ experiences are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and I am very pleased that you experienced this from our team.

Thank you once again for always selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stay in this hotel when I am in Bangkok on business & Im always pretty impressed with the quality of the hotel.The rooms are a very high spec & service is good -

Just one point against - they were doing some renovation work last week & I was working in the room one day & had to put up with a hammering noise - which nobody mentioned about when I checked it, but apart from that - excellent.

If your staying within the next week or two & expect to be in the room during the day ask about renovation work when you check in & see is they will give you a room a long way from it

Dear Guest

I was delighted to learn that our guestrooms and service from our team during your stay with us has met your expectation. However, it was disappointed to read that the noise from construction disturbed your stay and I am sorry for this inconvenience caused; we are in the process of renovating some bedroom floors. These works are carried out between 10 am to 5pm each day and we do our utmost to avoid disturbance during these times.

We strive to ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times, in order to provide the most enjoyable moment to all guests and I do apologise that we did not achieve that on this occasion.

Thank you for always selecting The Landmark for your business trip in Bangkok. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future and in order that you may experience the new refurbished bedrooms please do contact me personally at hm@landmarkbangkok.com .

Melbourne
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just spent four nights at the Landmark Bangkok and we were so impressed with everything about the hotel.

We stayed in a Premier Corner room. This room was beautifully appointed with super comfy linen and bedding, great furnishings and everything else you could expect.

The staff were fantastic. Always friendly and extremely helpful. My wife had come down with a bad flu and they even prepared a special black chicken soup for her ( which is a traditional Asian remedy).

As for the food, the buffet breakfast was first class with excellent variety and quality. Especially the different breads which exceptional. We also tried yhe dinner buffet and it was extremely high quality with loads of very good seafood and diverse choice.

All in all I couldn't fault the Landmark. We'd definitely stay there next time we're in Bangkok.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

It is always a pleasure to read such very kind comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to us.

Thank you for your feedback relating to our guestroom on the premium club floor. I was delighted that you found the spaciousness, comfort, and room facilities were to your preference and your kind comments regarding our staff are most welcome. I was very pleased that they were able to display their friendliness and helpfulness during your stay, and it was also lovely to learn that they were providing special care to your wife while she was unwell here.

Thank you also for highlighting our breakfast and dinner at Atrium. It was very pleasing to read that you enjoyed the good taste, as well as our variety of food we provided there.

Thank you very much for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok. It is our aim to provide memorable for all our guests ,through the care and attention shown by all our staff

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon.