Had a recent 3 night stay at the Grand Hyatt Earwan. Overally, we were very pleased with the property and would highly recommend it for anyone going to Bangkok!
1. Service is excellent. Every staff member does a great job making you feel welcome and attended to.
2. Our suite was well appointed and very well maintained. Also was very large with an excellent view of the city skyline and the race course.
3. Location is fantastic I think. A lot of first-timers might prefer staying on the river to make temple access more convenient, but we find this location the best possible place in Bangkok. Erawan is probably the best shopping district in the city and the Hyatt is within 3-5 min walk to TWO different sky train lines. Also, the sky walk is fantastic, and directly accessed from the hotel. The sky walk (for those of you not familiar with Bangkok) allows you to get around to about 15-20 different shopping and other venues near the hotel without having to be on the street and dealing with traffic/massive crowds.
4. Club lounge was very good -- both for breakfast and for cocktail hour. Overall, among the better Hyatt club experiences we've ever had.
1. The hotel is a tiny bit dated, and the old school room control system is a bit perplexing at times. I personally feel that the slightly dated bathrooms & decor are perfectly nice and very well maintained, but I did hear some people grumble about the black & white marble baths.
2. Restaurants are good, but overpriced. This is no fault of the hotel at all. But I'd avoid the restaurants and head out in Bangkok instead. Bangkok is a city with hundreds of excellent restaurants and you should make sure you go out and experience them.
Finally, in getting to the hotel, take a metered taxi from the airport. It's easy and straight forward to get there. Total cost was only about 300 bhat (plus two small tolls I think).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Bangkok's business and commercial district, Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok is a five-star luxury hotel with resort-style amenities. The hotel recently introduced newly renovated guestrooms and suites designed by Tony Chi, offering residential ambience to ensure that guests feel at home. Enjoy a rejuvenating experience in one of our six residential spa cottages after a gruelling day of business meetings or corporate events. Indulge your palate with our dining options, such as Tables Restaurant, Spasso Restaurant & Bar, and Erawan Tea Room. Immerse yourself in Thai culture by visiting the Grand Palace, the Emerald Buddha and the Silom District. You can also drop by the Chatuchak Weekend Market, home to more than 2,000 stalls selling various knick knacks and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand Hyatt Bangkok
- Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
- Hyatt Bangkok
- Bangkok Hyatt