“Four points: Service, Interior, Location, Cleanliness”

Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
Ranked #35 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Grand Hyatt Bangkok truly stands for its brand. First, the service is one of the best. The team was very helpful and courteous. We were greeted with a smile all throughout out our stay. Doormen were very helpful to assist us every time we needed a cab. We requested for a high floor with city view and that was granted. We had a swift check in and check out. Complimentary fruits were replenished every day. Second, the design of the hotel is really nice. It is a lot better than any other Hyatt Hotels I have been to. The hotel may not be that big, but the word “Grand” is proven by its interior. It is a well-preserved hotel. Third, the location is really good! It is near to shopping centers and attractions. You don’t have to worry of the travel time to shopping centers! Literally, the hotel is walking distance to malls. It is also close to Baiyoke Sky Tower. Fourth, the cleanliness of this hotel is outstanding. The housekeeping did a great job. However, they were too persistent in cleaning the room. They kept on knocking on the door to tell us that they would clean the room. Anyway, we appreciated the effort. Overall, this is a recommendable hotel in Bangkok!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Catethee
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding the service you received during you recent visit to our hotel. Please rest assured that we will share your feedback with our teams and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. Sincerely, Adam

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I had the pleasure to stay here for three nights when travelling on business. The hotel is located right in the middle of the city with the skytrain station just outside the door.

The hotel itself is spacious and it is a perfect place to arrive at after a long flight. I had a club room on the 7th floor. It was spacious, clean and came with all amenities required for a comfortable stay.

Check in was a great experience. I was taken to my room upon arrival where all formalities where completed. The best bit was they explained all the features of the room, including how to switch on the TV and how to control the lights. You may think this is overdoing it but I am amazed how many variations there are to the simple action of switching on a TV!

A very nice touch is the Pillow Service, where the hotel offers a selection of pillows to choose from.

During my stay they were renovating the club lounge and the hotel offered an very good alternative on the Mezzanine floor. The hotel informed me well in advance that the renovation was going on and explained what they put in place in stead to deliver the services I expected.

The breakfast was very good with a variety of asian and western cousine, a superb mixture of fresh fruitjuices, coffees, teas and waters.

During my stay I visited two of the inhouse venues; Brazzo and Bar 494.

Brazzo is a restaurant that turns to a very lively bar with live performance later in the evening. The staff is very friendly, entertaining and professional. They made me feel like home.

Bar 494 is a wine bar with a very good selection of wines. It is a relaxed venue to wind down with friends or on your own over a glass of wine after a days work.

The only downside - although fully expected - is the high prices for wine. A glass of reasonable wine sets you back at least BHT600 (£12).

This was my second stay at this hotel and I am looking forward to return very soon again. I highly recommend Grand Hyatt Erawan in Bangkok.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Adam Z, Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you very much for your very kind words on your recent stay with us.

We are all most delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us and that you enjoyed our newly remodelled guestroom along with our other products and services. Your recognition of the service provided by our team is most appreciated and will be shared with the teams; they will be very happy to hear that they were able to exceed your expectations.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I just recently returned from our amazing 2 week trip in Bangkok & Cambodia. We began our journey with 3 nights in Bangkok at the Grand Hyatt Erawan. Fortunately, I was able to use my hyatt points to book those three nights in one of the renovated rooms - always a plus!

I had decided last minute to reserve a car pick up as opposed to trying to hail one from the airport, and boy oy boy....I'm so glad that I did. After an EXHAUSTING 18 hour trek across the world, we were met by a friendly, upbeat driver who met us with a smile, cold towels and bottle waters. To add to the luxurious experience, the carseats doubled as massage chairs - what?? I felt like a super villain.

We arrived half an hour later at the hotel. It was gorgeous and grand (get it? ha))....everything I had imagined it would be. It wasn't as outdated as some reviewers had made it out to be. After a seamless check in, we were escorted up to our room where were given the tour. They also had a chocolate fountain with the full spread & champagne waiting for us as we were celebrating a special occasion. How sweet!

The first order of business as soon as we settled in was to order some pad see ew.... and let me tell you, it was some of the best I ever had...especially after the long trip. We also ended up ordering it again for breakfast the following day - I highly recommend it! In fact, I'd urge you to order more fare like that as it tends to stay hot by the time it reaches you. Some of the other food we had ordered (pancakes/waffles), arrived cold unfortunately.

If hotel pad see ew wasn't your thing, then some of the best restaurants in town are only a few bahts away. We were able to get to Nahm & Bo.lan on the cheap quite easily. The hotel is also a quick taxi ride away from Moon Bar & Sky Bar, and in walking distance of the shopping mall, Paragorn.

Our stay overall couldn't have been more pleasant. Service was friendly and professional all around. We had a slight hiccup during our last night involving a sticky sliding door, a toilet and my husband...but I was able to pry it open eventually. We didn't fault the hotel at all, in fact, I had a rather good laugh about it. Even still, as we were checking out the next morning, we were met by the Manager who offered his sincerest apologies & a nice treat of dried mangoes.

Of course, we opted to do the car service back to the airport again...it was absolutely worth it!

We will definitely be visiting again!

Cheers!

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your detailed comments on your recent stay with us, it is gratifying to hear of your experience here. We will be sure to pass on your praise to our entire team – rest assured they will be very happy to hear this!

Please accept our sincerely apology for the incident that took place on your final night with us. Our engineering team has been notified and we will ensure that the sliding door will be rectified.

We thank you for making us your hotel of choice on this trip to Bangkok and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel staffs are excellence in service. Everything is just perfect !! The club room is nice, the staff taking very good care of each customer. They can remember in what i order last time. That impressive!
I wonder why my gold passport point was no point, I just stayed from 11/5 - 11/10, your feedback is more than appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Your kind comments will be shared with our team who will be delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable experience with us. For the gold passport points, could you please email detail to our Front Office team at afom.bangh@hyatt.com and we will be more than happy to follow up on the matter for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The best thing about this hotel is its location. Just beside the Erawan shrine and diagonally across Central World Plaza and a short walk from Platinum Mall.
The room is comfortable, well appointed although a little dated. It is however clean and well maintained. Comfort of bedding is good too.
Tried the spa but must admit quality of my simple foot massage is just ok, although credit must be given to the level of service.
Breakfast spread is just above average.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We are delighted to receive your positive feedback on your recent stay with us.

The entire team of Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok is committed to ensuring our product and guest service continue to improve and meet and exceed the expectations of our valued guests such as yourself.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Grand Hyatt always means quality of services and Grand Hyatt Erawan has proven it.

I had conference in this hotel and I do not have any complaints at all. Services are good, rooms are very spacious, breakfast is nice and the location is perfect.

Central World Plaza is only across the street, making it easy to have great shopping experience!!

Your kind comments regarding your experiences with us are most appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed at this property six nights from 11/2 through 11/7.

Another great stay and experience at a Hyatt provided by a dedicated staff !

This property more appropriately its staff truly has a high level of service excellence as demonstrated in several departments during my stay.

Director of Rooms was highly visible to greet and interact with guests as well as oversee whatever daily operations probably anything and everything all the time. A sign of professional management is getting the pulse on your customers. The Director was available to receive feedback and manage multiple duties observed in the and around the lounge area, lobby and at front desk operations. Both hotel arranged drivers (arriving and departing) were experienced driving cleanly outfitted new model vehicles, on time and running ahead of schedule. Both of them were polite, quiet uniformed safe drivers ! I had the opportunity to use the Business Center three times during my trip served each time by Youie who welcomed me, clearly understood requests and completed tasks within ten to fifteen minutes which helped finishing some business requirements. Their Spa and Fitness Center team was also an excellent service experience too. Always a short shout away providing guidance if needed thoroughly cleaning and setting up equipment for the next person. All new TechoGym equipment and a renovated workout facility too. A requirement for my long travel - a much sought after place to exercise and relax ! Newly renovated rooms. An executive lounge currently under renovation soon due for completion soon. Hotel management was safety security oriented keeping guests apprised of proximity protests by keeping guests aware of planned activity times and any potential impact to accessing and leaving the hotel by providing written notification slid under the door.

Highly recommended. I will return.

Thanks Hyatt Erawan staff for your attention and service.

GH
Asia Traveler 008

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your continued patronage and your kind comments regarding your experiences with us.

We will be sure to share your praise of our team members as it is comments such as yours that reinforce our ongoing commitment to connect with our guests. Our goal is to provide authentic hospitality on a daily basis and exceed the expectations of valued guests such as yourself.

Thank you again for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok when your travels bring you back to Thailand.