Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
  • Pool
US$149
US$115
4,101 results
All reviewslower lobbycentral worldthe club loungesiam paragonf bexcellent locationbusiness tripbusiness hoteleasy accessbreakfast spreadbts stationshopping mallspassoghskywalkmeegym
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I must start by saying I am so Biased towards the Hyatt chain. They all offer excellent service, simple straight forward rules and polices and service par excellence. I have stayed her multiple times and is the only Hotel of Choice when in BKK. Kids love it and know their way around any Hyatt in the world as they are so standardised where service and amenities are concerned.

This stay was exceptionally better as the concierge managed to recover and hand deliver in 5 hours a toy my child had left onboard the flight that we figured out only when we got to the hotel. To any parent whose child loses a security blanket you can imagine its weight in gold!

Hotel on the whole is the excellent location, well maintained and great food and rooms.

Room Tip: Any room here is a good room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear DevLall,

It was delightful to read your positive comments about your recent stay in our hotel. Thank you for making Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok your hotel of choice and for (as you put it) "being biased towards Hyatt".

We appreciate the kind words about Hyatt in general and our hotel in particular as we do strive to provide authentic hospitality to all of our guests each and every day. It was especially encouraging to read about our team being able to recover the lost security blanket for your child. I would like to ensure the associates who assisted you are recognized for their efforts in making this happen and would appreciate any additional feedback you may be able to share with me. I can be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Once again thank you for staying with us. Please feel free to see me as a personal point of contact in our hotel and do let me know if I may be able to assist you in the future.

All the best to you and your family.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Spent 3 nights over Christmas here.
First time in BKK in many years and didn't know what to expect.
Choose the hotel because of the location (connected to the train in lieu of bad traffic in BKK).
Didn't see any protests at all.. taxi from airport to BKK was clear! Took just 40 mins!
Hotel itself is a bit old school, rooms are newly renovated. (though I couldn't use the lighting very well..)
Service (and service in Thailand in general is amazing) was amazing. We left some belongings behind and the hotel sent it back to us (we had to pay for fare, but at least they did!)
The noodle bar dinner buffet was very good and great value for money.
I hope the protests clear soon so I can visit again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear JN9822013,

Thank you for making us your home away from home.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us over the Christmas period. I appreciate your sharing your positive feedback about our location and services and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Rest assured that we will share your comments with our teams so that they are recognized accordingly and that areas of opportunity are addressed.

I would be more than happy to discuss any further specifics you may have with regards to the lighting in your guestrooms, and can be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Please feel free to see me as a point of contact in our hotel should you require any further assistance.

Many thanks for making us your hotel of choice and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I received an upgrade to the biggest hotel room I have ever seen. It had two separate bathrooms -- a guest bathroom and a bedroom bathroom -- as well as a walk-in closet! The décor was a bit over-designed and inconsistent with the heritage lobby, but lovely nonetheless. Also, the in-room technology was a bit confusing as I could not figure out how to shut some of the lights. Aside from these very minor points, the hotel provided excellent service and flawless facilities. The pool area is probably the biggest in Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Christina M,

Many thanks for making us your hotel of choice during your recent visit to Bangkok. We trully appreciate you staying with us and for subsequently sharing your feedback via this forum.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your room and the facilities and services we provide. It was, however, concerning to learn of the difficulties you encountered with some of the lighting in your guestroom. I would appreciate any additional specifics you may have, and can be reached directly at adam.zilber@hyatt.com. Rest assured that we will follow up on any areas of opportunity.

Once again thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and do let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed here for a brief 3 days after a few nights in Krabi accompanying my husband who was attending a conference here. The room, standard I would think was really lovely - luxurious without being over the top. Fabulous view. Only thing that drove me mad was the lighting - never could get to grips with the system! I had room service one night - just a club sandwich but it was presented beautifully as it should be in a hotel of this standard and was the best hotel club sandwich I've ever had and I've had a few!

The breakfast was great although I did have to ask a few times for coffee/butter etc. The situation was excellent. As I was amusing myself during the day, it was important I could walk easily to do some shopping and it was great having the Skywalk as I'd forgotten how intense and smoggy the heat can be in Bangkok. I used the gym once and was very impressed by the service there too.

I did lie out by the pool for two afternoons. I have to say there was something a bit impersonal about that area. I can't put my finger on it exactly but I never felt that comfortable there and I never got much sun. Nothing to do with the staff up there though - they were great. I discovered the wine bar downstairs too late in my trip. A great selection of wine at a fraction of the cost in the hotel. What I didn't like however, was on our last night which was a bit of a strange one my husband and I decided to have a final drink. The wine bar was closed so we went into the Italian restaurant/club place. I walked in and said immediately to my husband I couldn't stay there. The place was absolutely jammed with local Thai girls and European men. As I walked in I really felt I shouldn't be in there which was a great shame as if it felt friendlier I would have stayed - I was desperate for a drink! Overall, though a great hotel especially for business travellers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Rita29,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent visit to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. I was most pleased to learn that overall you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team.

Our club sandwiches are also a favorite of mine and I was happy to learn you enjoyed yours via room service. I was delighted to read that you found our unique central location conducive to getting around the area, and that you had a chance to enjoy our wine bar. I am also interested in any additional feedback you may have regarding our pool area and I can be reached directly via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Rita29 thank you once again for staying with us and feel free to see me as a personal point of contact should you require any further assitsance.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Just returned from a 5 night shopping and golfing trip, I have stayed in many 5 star hotels in BKK, but returned to the hyatt this time and was very happy I did

From the minute we were met at the airport and transferred to the hotel for speedy check in we had the most amazing and relaxed experience.

The New club lounge has to be experienced, the selection of food and drinks and breakfast and evening cocktails is amazing, im sure you could actually have a full meal there the choice is that good

All the staff are so helpful and it was so nice that our room was serviced twice a day everyday, really makes you comfortable as the hot weather results in numerous showers.

Well done to the Hyatt, service throughout the hotel was first class, and with the choice of restuarants, including a very reasonably priced noodle place you really have everything you need

We will be back soon!

David

Room Tip: Take a club room, the food and drink and check in is worth the extra
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear David G,

Many thanks for staying with us and for subsequently taking the time to share your comments via this forum. We truly appreciate being your hotel of choice during this visit to Bangkok.

It was a pleasure meeting you during your stay and learn that you and your wife were in town to catch up with old friends as well as enjoy the city's array of golf courses. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed our re-opened Grand Club and all it has to offer. We have been quite pleased with the overall feedback we have received about the renovated space. I would like to think that our Food and Bevearge options, coupled with the comfort you experienced in your guestroom, aided you in winning the golf tournament you were playing in. We understand that it was quite an event and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future so that you may defend your title.

In the meantime please feel free to see me as a personal point of contact in our hotel should you require any further assistance.

Thank you once again for staying with us and all best to you and your wife.