“Perfection in Bangkok!”

Ranked #28 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
USA
“Perfection in Bangkok!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt 4 nights in January 2014, and was very pleased with this property. Check-in was a breeze. I had booked through American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts and was instantly upgraded to a larger room, Amenities were great, room was super clean, comfortable and quite. Staff was extremely nice and welcoming. The breakfast buffet was ample and food was fresh. Hotel location allows great access to other restaurants and public transportation. Despite loud demonstrations outside, hotel was safe and quite. The bar in the basement level has excellent drink selections and staff was super friendly. One of the best hotels I have every stayed at.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheDiplomats
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear TheDiplomats,

Many thanks for making us your preferred hotel to stay in during your recent visit to Bangkok. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our facility and the services we provide. Please rest assured that your positive feedback will be shared with our teams as we are motivated by knowing that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We trully value the relationship Hyatt has fostered with American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the benefits and amenities that are included in this program. It was our pleasure extending them to you.

I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in our hotel in the future and do let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

AZ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok is my favorite hotel in Bangkok. Excellent location in the heart of the Ratchaprasong shopping district, direct connection to the skywalk linking two BTS stations, and probably the best facilities among hotels in Bangkok including a Technogym equipped fitness center on par or even better than high-end commercial gyms.

A stay at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok just got more compelling as the property emerges from a renovation of the guestrooms--which were looking rather dated--with New-York based designer Tony Chi helming the projects.

The result is guestrooms that look fresh, contemporary, while retaining the comfort and ease of a residence.

Coupled with a fine array of restaurants and the Erawan Bakery--where delectable creations go at half-price starting 6pm every evening--there is little reason not to make the Grand Hyatt Erawan a home away from home in the City of Angles.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear sojourneys,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay in our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you made us your preferred hotel brand in Bangkok and that you enjoyed our unique location and accessibility to local shopping malls and public transportation. Being a fitness enthusiast myself I was happy to learn that you found our gym to be "on par with other high-end commercial gyms". It is indeed a great space that caters to all fitness levels and needs.

We have also been very happy with feedback we have received about our newly renovated guestrooms and I appreciate your positive comments about their overall decor.

It was a pleasure hosting you and please feel free to contact me directly at adam.zilber@hyatt.com should you require any further assistance.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I must start by saying I am so Biased towards the Hyatt chain. They all offer excellent service, simple straight forward rules and polices and service par excellence. I have stayed her multiple times and is the only Hotel of Choice when in BKK. Kids love it and know their way around any Hyatt in the world as they are so standardised where service and amenities are concerned.

This stay was exceptionally better as the concierge managed to recover and hand deliver in 5 hours a toy my child had left onboard the flight that we figured out only when we got to the hotel. To any parent whose child loses a security blanket you can imagine its weight in gold!

Hotel on the whole is the excellent location, well maintained and great food and rooms.

Room Tip: Any room here is a good room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear DevLall,

It was delightful to read your positive comments about your recent stay in our hotel. Thank you for making Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok your hotel of choice and for (as you put it) "being biased towards Hyatt".

We appreciate the kind words about Hyatt in general and our hotel in particular as we do strive to provide authentic hospitality to all of our guests each and every day. It was especially encouraging to read about our team being able to recover the lost security blanket for your child. I would like to ensure the associates who assisted you are recognized for their efforts in making this happen and would appreciate any additional feedback you may be able to share with me. I can be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Once again thank you for staying with us. Please feel free to see me as a personal point of contact in our hotel and do let me know if I may be able to assist you in the future.

All the best to you and your family.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Spent 3 nights over Christmas here.
First time in BKK in many years and didn't know what to expect.
Choose the hotel because of the location (connected to the train in lieu of bad traffic in BKK).
Didn't see any protests at all.. taxi from airport to BKK was clear! Took just 40 mins!
Hotel itself is a bit old school, rooms are newly renovated. (though I couldn't use the lighting very well..)
Service (and service in Thailand in general is amazing) was amazing. We left some belongings behind and the hotel sent it back to us (we had to pay for fare, but at least they did!)
The noodle bar dinner buffet was very good and great value for money.
I hope the protests clear soon so I can visit again!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JN9822013,

Thank you for making us your home away from home.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us over the Christmas period. I appreciate your sharing your positive feedback about our location and services and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Rest assured that we will share your comments with our teams so that they are recognized accordingly and that areas of opportunity are addressed.

I would be more than happy to discuss any further specifics you may have with regards to the lighting in your guestrooms, and can be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Please feel free to see me as a point of contact in our hotel should you require any further assistance.

Many thanks for making us your hotel of choice and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I received an upgrade to the biggest hotel room I have ever seen. It had two separate bathrooms -- a guest bathroom and a bedroom bathroom -- as well as a walk-in closet! The décor was a bit over-designed and inconsistent with the heritage lobby, but lovely nonetheless. Also, the in-room technology was a bit confusing as I could not figure out how to shut some of the lights. Aside from these very minor points, the hotel provided excellent service and flawless facilities. The pool area is probably the biggest in Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Christina M,

Many thanks for making us your hotel of choice during your recent visit to Bangkok. We trully appreciate you staying with us and for subsequently sharing your feedback via this forum.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your room and the facilities and services we provide. It was, however, concerning to learn of the difficulties you encountered with some of the lighting in your guestroom. I would appreciate any additional specifics you may have, and can be reached directly at adam.zilber@hyatt.com. Rest assured that we will follow up on any areas of opportunity.

Once again thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and do let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

London
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed here for a brief 3 days after a few nights in Krabi accompanying my husband who was attending a conference here. The room, standard I would think was really lovely - luxurious without being over the top. Fabulous view. Only thing that drove me mad was the lighting - never could get to grips with the system! I had room service one night - just a club sandwich but it was presented beautifully as it should be in a hotel of this standard and was the best hotel club sandwich I've ever had and I've had a few!

The breakfast was great although I did have to ask a few times for coffee/butter etc. The situation was excellent. As I was amusing myself during the day, it was important I could walk easily to do some shopping and it was great having the Skywalk as I'd forgotten how intense and smoggy the heat can be in Bangkok. I used the gym once and was very impressed by the service there too.

I did lie out by the pool for two afternoons. I have to say there was something a bit impersonal about that area. I can't put my finger on it exactly but I never felt that comfortable there and I never got much sun. Nothing to do with the staff up there though - they were great. I discovered the wine bar downstairs too late in my trip. A great selection of wine at a fraction of the cost in the hotel. What I didn't like however, was on our last night which was a bit of a strange one my husband and I decided to have a final drink. The wine bar was closed so we went into the Italian restaurant/club place. I walked in and said immediately to my husband I couldn't stay there. The place was absolutely jammed with local Thai girls and European men. As I walked in I really felt I shouldn't be in there which was a great shame as if it felt friendlier I would have stayed - I was desperate for a drink! Overall, though a great hotel especially for business travellers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Rita29,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent visit to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. I was most pleased to learn that overall you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team.

Our club sandwiches are also a favorite of mine and I was happy to learn you enjoyed yours via room service. I was delighted to read that you found our unique central location conducive to getting around the area, and that you had a chance to enjoy our wine bar. I am also interested in any additional feedback you may have regarding our pool area and I can be reached directly via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Rita29 thank you once again for staying with us and feel free to see me as a personal point of contact should you require any further assitsance.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Just returned from a 5 night shopping and golfing trip, I have stayed in many 5 star hotels in BKK, but returned to the hyatt this time and was very happy I did

From the minute we were met at the airport and transferred to the hotel for speedy check in we had the most amazing and relaxed experience.

The New club lounge has to be experienced, the selection of food and drinks and breakfast and evening cocktails is amazing, im sure you could actually have a full meal there the choice is that good

All the staff are so helpful and it was so nice that our room was serviced twice a day everyday, really makes you comfortable as the hot weather results in numerous showers.

Well done to the Hyatt, service throughout the hotel was first class, and with the choice of restuarants, including a very reasonably priced noodle place you really have everything you need

We will be back soon!

David

Room Tip: Take a club room, the food and drink and check in is worth the extra
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear David G,

Many thanks for staying with us and for subsequently taking the time to share your comments via this forum. We truly appreciate being your hotel of choice during this visit to Bangkok.

It was a pleasure meeting you during your stay and learn that you and your wife were in town to catch up with old friends as well as enjoy the city's array of golf courses. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed our re-opened Grand Club and all it has to offer. We have been quite pleased with the overall feedback we have received about the renovated space. I would like to think that our Food and Bevearge options, coupled with the comfort you experienced in your guestroom, aided you in winning the golf tournament you were playing in. We understand that it was quite an event and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future so that you may defend your title.

In the meantime please feel free to see me as a personal point of contact in our hotel should you require any further assistance.

Thank you once again for staying with us and all best to you and your wife.