“5 star hotel at city center”

Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
Ranked #30 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong, China
“5 star hotel at city center”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The hotel is located at the city center with connecting walkway to the BTS. Walking distance to the malls around Siam. Erawan is just at the front of the hotel. Five minute taxi to Silom. Reception mall is grand, like most five star hotel. The pool area is very nice. Staff you met anywhere carries smile. Excellent room design and facilities. Breakfast is excellent. Everything is five star standard with not much surprise.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Patrick Cw N from Hong Kong, China,

I must say I was delighted to read your feedback on this forum about your recent visit to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. Thank you for making us your preferred hotel in Thailand and for taking the time to share your experience.

I was delighted to read your positive comments about our unique location, our food and beverage offerings and the physical space within the hotel. However, I was most pleased to read that you noticed all of our staff members "carrying a smile" as you stated. Your comment offers us great satisfaction in knowing that we are doing our part in connecting with our associates so that they, in turn, may connect with you. Thank you again for noticing.

We do hope to have you stay with us again in the future and do let me know if I may be of any further assistance. I may be reached via: adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Once again thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and we hope to hear from you soon.

AZ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, very good service. The outdoor pool and surrounding garden was a lovely surprise - gave the place a resort-like feel. The pool cafe had a collection of classic lounge games (chess, backgammon, checkers, tic-tac-toe). Our children enjoyed these once we able to get them out of the pool.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Tralmix,

Thank you for staying with us and for making Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok your preferred hotel during your visit to Thailand.

I was delighted to read your comments about the positive service experience you and your family had in our hotel. I was very happy to see you all thoroghly enjoyed our pool area as it is indeed quite unique and offers a true urban oasis in the midst of Bangkok's hustle and bustle.

Please feel free to see me as a personal point of contact in our hotel should you require any further assistance. I may be reached via: adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan.

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is at a great locations,is very convinient to take bts and there is a lot of shopping mall around the hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Restaurant in the hotel the food are really very good especially thai and italian food.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Geeta P,

Many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok your preferred hotel during your recent visit to Thailand. We appreciate you staying with us and for subsequently sharing feedback about your experience via this forum.

Our central location is truly unique and I am happy to read that it served your needs well. Our proximity to the area malls via the BTS skywalk is very useful and allows easy access to shopping and public transportation. I was delighted to read, however, that it was our staff and restaurants that left the greatest positive impression on you, as our associates strive to provide authentic hospitality to all of our guests each and every day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future and do feel free to see me as a persona point of contact shoud you require any assistance. I may be reached via: adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here in November with my friend. We had 2 rooms. Lovely and spacious, sadly my view was of the multi story car park , my friends view was of the Skytrain track. Very comfy rooms, and as I stay at the Hyatt a lot it was the service and lovely staff I always expect. I have one major issue with the room is that they have put an oblong glass table that would fit a family of 6 around it. It really is too big and it would have been nice to use the area in the room better. The only other thing is that the pool area has no atmosphere, music or very good service, I did not even go in, rather a sad area I think.
Otherwise, great location, you must have the buffet, it really is wonderful. One evening we even had oysters.
Lovely hotel but please do something nice with the pool area and get rid of those huge tables.

Room Tip: Check your views, I had a multi story car park.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear chefdave20032003,

Thank you for making Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok your preferred hotel during your recent visit to Thailand. I trully appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your feedback with us and can assure you that it will be reviewed with our teams.

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is indeed unique and I am happy you enjoyed the buffet. I do apologize that we were not able to allocate you a room with a better view. Feel free to contact me personally prior to your next visit to ensure we can accommodate you accordingly. Furthermore, we will follow up on your comments about the pool area. Our pool is a unique oasis in the heart of Bangkok and we will be sure to use your feedback as we continue to enhance this beautiful space.

Once again thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I may be reached directly via: adam.zilber@hyatt.com should you require any further assistance, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok in the near future.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Arrived after a new year which was only a week after the reopening of the refurbished club lounge, so maybe it was the best time, but had a great time staying in newly renovated club room and lounge. One will be surprised to learn that club area is actually very compact (space and ceiling height-wise) in comparison to its grand lobby on the ground floor. However, the limited room numbers and helpful and nice staff servive, clever interior design scheme (generally zen and clean with use of mirrors, etc.) and great food and beverage offered makes you feel relaxed and refreshed, especially considering its closeness to station/shops/restaurants/business hub area. Personally, after days of spicy thai food and hectic movings around town, its croissants, selection of loose teas and very fresh fruit juices, among other delightful choices, were something to balance you back, comforting. Noticed that some guests also liked the place and had friends in town join them as well. Erawan tea room in the connected building, also managed by the hotel, was also a good place to drop by, to be used like a cafe.

Room Tip: Even though club floors may be 17th floor or up, if you are sensitive to skytrain curve screeching...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Uzuri,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our newly-renovated Grand Club and its various food and beverage offerings. It was a pleasure to read you describe the Club as "generally zen" as we have also received great comments about its overall design.

We do hope that your travels bring you back to Bangkok and that once again you will make us your preferred hotel in the city. Please feel free to see me as a personal point of contact in our hotel should you require any further assistance, and I may be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com

Once again thank you for staying with us.

England
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed for one night and this hotel was perfectly located to make the most of our time in Bangkok - very easy to get to everywhere via the skytrain or taxi/tuk-tuk.

The best thing about this hotel was the very friendly staff - we hope to stay again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank McJEngland
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear McJEngland,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedabck about your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. Though we recognize that our location is unique, we pride ourselves on the level of authentic hospitality we strive to provide on a daily baiss. I was delighted to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and rest assured that your comments will be shared with our teams.

We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future and thank you once again for your business.

USA
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt 4 nights in January 2014, and was very pleased with this property. Check-in was a breeze. I had booked through American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts and was instantly upgraded to a larger room, Amenities were great, room was super clean, comfortable and quite. Staff was extremely nice and welcoming. The breakfast buffet was ample and food was fresh. Hotel location allows great access to other restaurants and public transportation. Despite loud demonstrations outside, hotel was safe and quite. The bar in the basement level has excellent drink selections and staff was super friendly. One of the best hotels I have every stayed at.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheDiplomats
Dear TheDiplomats,

Many thanks for making us your preferred hotel to stay in during your recent visit to Bangkok. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our facility and the services we provide. Please rest assured that your positive feedback will be shared with our teams as we are motivated by knowing that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We trully value the relationship Hyatt has fostered with American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the benefits and amenities that are included in this program. It was our pleasure extending them to you.

I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in our hotel in the future and do let me know if I may be of any further assistance.