“A pampered experience”

Ranked #30 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“A pampered experience”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was our first stay at any Hyatt Hotel and it was a memorable experience, in all respects. From the moment that we stepped off at the gate of the Hotel until the time that we left the service was flawless. Service is what defines a hotel and service that the Grand Hyatt Erawan delivers is what makes it an exceptional hotel even in the 5-star category . The rooms were impeccably clean and staff ever obliging and helpful, from the reception to the concierge and those serving in the executive lounge, they were attuned to every requirement of ours. Of course, there is the location that makes it easy to travel and shop with 2 of the biggest malls in Bangkok at its doorstep. As for the restaurants we tried the Noodle outlet (U & Me) which is exceptional value for your money as is the bakery. The Italian restaurant was fine dining where we spent 2 hours listening to live music, the Band there was truly good and gets us in the mood to let loose on the dance floor.
We would like to thank Adam Z as well as Jessica Shea for their commitment to making our stay pleasurable and hope they succeed in all that they are striving to achieve in whatever endeavors they are pursuing.
To each and every one at the Hyatt,
Heartfelt thanks,
Kamal and Cyrus Daruwalla.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th Floor in Room 1222, that is at the far side end of the floor, where it was qui...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Kamal and Cyrus Daruwalla,

It was a pleasure meeting you both and have the opportunity to host you. Thank you for making us your preferred hotel in Bangkok and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Rest assured that your positive comments will be shared with our teams. We strive to provide authentic hospitality to all of our guests and encourage our associates to make a connection with them. I am delighted to read that we were able to do so for you both.

Please feel free to contact me personally should you require any future assistance and we look forward to welcoming you back.

AZ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My daughters and I spent four days at the Grand Hyatt Erawan in Bangkok, Thailand. The staff could not do enough for us. The condition of the property is immaculate. Location, location, location...couldn't get any better. The public areas and the rooms are gorgeous and the food was delicious. The best part, for us, was the high level of service accorded us through the goodness and influence of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Adams Zibler, and the Area Vice President and General Manager, Gordon Fuller. I travel a lot, but have never been treated so well. As one of many examples, without my knowledge Adam Zibler, who knew we had a reservation at the world class Sirocco restaurant, contacted them and asked them to give us the best table on the roof top. What a pleasant surprise! And it shows the respect other hoteliers and restauranteurs in Bangkok have for him. Our trip to Thailand was memorable for several reasons...one of the most important ones was being treated like royalty at the Grand Hyatt Erawan in Bangkok.

Room Tip: If you are a "spa girl" like me, the Spa Cottages are the top of the line best accommodati...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ms. Well-Travelled,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your daughters during your recent visit to Bangkok. Many thanks for making us your preferred hotel and for your loyalty to Hyatt. It was indeed a small world when we discovered that you enjoy one of our resorts in the US; one that I had the pleasure of opening about 10 years ago.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and that we were able to make you feel welcome. Rest assured that I will be sharing your feedback with our teams.

You have my contact information should you require any future assistance and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Mumbai, India
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have now been staying at this hotel last two days and I find the hotel, firstly, very conveniently located right in the middle of the shopping & business district.
Transport is very easily available all day and also very well connected to any part of Bangkok via the sky train system.
Has great restaurants to eat at, with a variety of cuisines.
Rooms are very well laid out & comfortable.
The staff is very courteous & very helpful.

More comments about the restaurant food after I check out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Amardeepton

Many thanks for taking the time to share you feedback about your visit on this forum. We sincerely appreciate you making us your hotel of choice in Bangkok and I look forward to meeting you during your stay.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I just had the chance to stay for the second time at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, I find this property full of character and with great staff plus a very good location and well connected.

This time I experienced the renewed rooms and they were not drastically changed, but I found them just as comfortable and high in quality as the first time I came. Their F&B options are quite good this time I had the chance to try out Spasso and the food was great.

Definitely hope there is a third time coming soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Aifos S,

Greetings from Bangkok and many thanks for making the Grand Hyatt Erawan your hotel of choice. We sincerely hope there is a third visit coming up in your near future. They say third time's the charm and I am confident we will be able to impress you once again. Please contact me directly via adam.zilber@hyatt.co should you require any further assistance and thank you again for staying with us.

rome
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I was so lucky to stay in this amazing hotel in my first visit in Bangkok!! I could make it thanks to a friend who had some discount. Our room was simply incredible and we even had access to lounge bar at 17th floor, food and drinks no stop and the view over a park of the city was incredible!
I hope i'll have again the chance to stay in such hotel.. everything just amazing! Only one thing..wifi wasn't available in the room only ethernet cable...i suppose now they have it also in the rooms !!
Jan 2011

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Bucefalo_Simi,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Bangkok and thank you for making us your preferred hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business and for subsequently sharing your positive experience via this forum.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our newly-renovated guestrooms and our Grand Club Lounge but was concerned about your comments regarding WIFI. I would appreciate you emailing me at adam.zilber@hyatt.com so that I may obtain your room number and rectify any connectivity issues that may exist. We have WIFI available throughout our hotel and as such your comments raise a concern that an issue may exist in your room's WIFI access point.

We thank you again for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Airport pick up worked well.
Checking in went smoothly but took a bit of time despite me being the only one checking in at that time.
Rooms are small but well arranged. Amenities are available with good selection/quality, (like docking station for IPod).
Bathroom small, but sufficient.
Lounge at reception with good selection, but takes a bit long to get the food. Drinks come faster.
Entertainment options at the basement floor are OK, from different restaurants to Night Club.
Tried the Italian restaurant and was very satisfied by the food and the service.
Breakfast with lots of choices and served till 10.00 am on weekdays.

Walking distance to Central World and to Sky train.

Good location, recommended even if you have a late arrival & early departure.
Equally expensive or cheaper than the Novotel at the airport which is a really indifferent place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Grbr07,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for subsequently sharing your feedback via this forum. We sincerely appreciate your business and for making Grand Hyatt Erawan your preferred hotel in Bangkok.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our facility and service and will be sure to address any areas of opportunity you mentioned. Our mission to provide authentic hospitality is something we focus on daily and through feedback such as your we can continue and improve our level of service.

Do let me know if I may be of any further assistance in the future should your travel plans include Bangkok. I may be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel is right at the centre of the city. Its right next to BTS(Sky train) and Central World which is connected to the hotel by a Skywalk. The staff at Grand Hyatt is simply amazing. I stayed here for a week and from the time i checked in everything went just perfect. The executive lounge in the 17th floor has a very good selection of juices and alcoholic beverages. It was my Birthday and they surprised me with an amazing chocolate cake by the time i returned from work. That shows how much they care for the customer.

Room Tip: Just ask for the newly renovated floors, though i think most of the renovation is almost complete!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Srikanth,

Many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan your preferred hotel during your recent visit to Bangkok. I was delighted to read your positive comments about our location and facilities, and was very excited to read that our service exceeded your expectations.

Our Grand Club has been open since December of last year and has been very well-received. I am very happy to see you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings. All rooms available for sale have been renovated and we are in the final stages of completing our Premier Suites.

Happy Birthday once again and do let me know if I may be of any future assistance. I may be reached directly via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.