Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
US$265
US$241
Okura Hotels
4,040 results
All reviewslower lobbydiamond membercentral worldthe club loungef bsiam paragonexcellent locationfour seasonsbusiness tripbusiness hoteleasy accessbreakfast spreadluxury hotelbts stationshopping mallspassogh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay. Location is perfect! Right in the center of Bangkok shopping belt. Check in was swift and staff are helpful and friendly. Room is big and clean, comfortable bed and pillows. BTS station is just 5 min walk away. We will definitely come back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Josephine teo C
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Josephine teo C,

Many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan your hotel of choice on your visit to Bangkok. I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding our location, services and the amenities we provide in our rooms. Rest assured that your feedback about your swift check-in will also be shared with our Front Office Team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future should travel plans return you to Bangkok, and may be reached directly via adam.zilber@hyatt.com should you require any further assistance.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I booked through Amex fine hotels and resorts - 100 spa voucher, breakfasts, room upgrade, late checkout all included in my rate. I had asked prior to arriving if they were close to the protests in Bangkok and the hotel assured me they were not. In fact, they were on the front door.

My issues started with arrival at the airport where I had arranged a limosuine car service through the hotel to pick me up, had paid for it. I arrived, waited, and then called. I was told that the person was there. He told me he was instead picking up someone from a private jet, but would be putting me in a cab to take me there... and then tried to shake me down for a lot of money. I took the car, but at the hotel told them what happened and refused to pay.

At check in, they were saying they wouldn't give my benefits and I had to threaten to go across the street to the Four Seasons until they finally agreed. I was put in a villa on the roof after being given a disgusting room with no windows. However, it was extremely loud from 7AM - 2AM during the protests. I was told it would not be like this, maybe just a performance at the moment. However, it never stopped.

I woke up the next morning with my body covered in bed bug bites. I called the hotel, and showed them, and they brought a nurse. I explained that all my clothes which were on the bed would need to be washed as they may have gotten into them. They did, then charged me $100+ US dollars for cleaning even after saying originally it would be covered.

I booked a massage with my credit. That was fine.

I tried to eat at the hotel bar, but they wouldn't let me in because I wasn't wearing pants. I explained to the hotel that everything was being washed because of the bed bugs. The bar was filled with young women dressed to work, accompanying much older men. I ordered, was served luke warm food, and tried to pay. They put a large service charge on the bill, so I brought it to the front desk and explained that I was not paying for service when there was none and the food was terrible.

Each morning at breakfast, they tried to charge me and I had to explain that I was staying with a package that included breakfast. It made it difficult each morning since the language barrier got in the way.

I ate in the hotel restaurant, and found a few hairs in my food. At first, I was just hungry, and didn't care, moving it to the side, but when I found the second and third ones, I called over the manager who didn't even apologize, just took the plate with nothing touched, and brought the bill - which had the food and wine on it. I brought it to the front desk and told them to handle it.

After returning home, I decided to open a dispute with the hotel. I relayed the information to AMEX FHR and the hotel came back saying, we addressed the issues - when he had bed bugs, we gave him a massage, and we bought him breakfast each morning, and we gave him a late check out and a room upgrade. I responded to AMEX that these were all benefits I receive as part of the package, not something they provided, but they say since I signed the bill - I was physically not allowed to leave until I signed the bill - they were going to hold me to paying the bill.

I will be contacting grant hyatt customer service in the states to discuss this matter further.

I have traveled extensively for business and pleasure, this was one of the worst experiences I have had at a hotel to date.

Room Tip: if no protests, ask for a villa. Although, i can't in good faith recommend this place.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank Reasonably_elitist
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Reasonably_elitist,

Many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok your hotel of choice during your recent visit to Thailand. We truly appreciate your feedback and for allowing us to follow up on your comments directly.

I do sincerely hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future and I may be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our stay at the Erawan was perfect. I was hesitant in booking the Erawan, I had read reviews that the rooms were small. We stayed in a King Standard room and it was spacious with a large desk and table area to work at. The bathroom was very nice with a separate bathtub and shower area. We ate at the main dining room of the hotel, the Bakery, the Tea Room, and the restaurant You and Mee. I usually avoid hotel dining, however I found all the restaurants to be better than average food. The pool area was very comfortable and uncrowded during our stay. The gym was small but adequate. The location was a shopper's dream, with a skywalk connecting the hotel to major downtown shopping malls. We made extensive use of the Skytrain which was also easily accessible from the hotel. Both lines of the Skytrain intersect at the hotel, making access to and from the river and airport extremely easy and fast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Traveladdict 032,

Greetings and many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok your preferred hotel. I was delighted to read your comments about our hotel, its unique location the ease of accessibility, our restaurants and newly-renovated guestrooms.

We do wish to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future and please reach out to me personally via adam.zilber@hyatt.com should you require any further assistance.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

From the 12th to the 14th of this April I stayed at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok with my mom and we were satisfied with everything which we had experienced. After arriving at the entrance by a car, the staff's speedy manner made us feel comfortable and I was surprised to find their heightened alert. I had been worried about the current political turmoil in Bangkok, so I could let my anxiety go thanks to their strict security.

-Room-
Our room was on the 9th floor whose scenery was not good but wholly-redesigned room created an aura of peace and harmony. The bathroom was not so spacious, but separated shower and toilet were well organized and a big couch in the living room was comfortable.Our accommodation package included complimentary wifi internet service and I had good Internet access not only in the room but also the other all areas. One thing I was worried about was the bath tub. Compared with other hotels, the bath tub was rather narrow. As for daily cleaning time of the room, I requested to appoint the time in advance.

-Breakfast-
Every day we had breakfast at the Dining Room on the lobby level. The air of openness made us relaxed and staff's speedy and polite attitude for us made us feel cozy. The variety of food gave us chance tasting different cuisine. I loved every type of breads. Pastries were sweet and delicious and daily my favorite was toasting sliced breads. The selection of cheese was wonderful and delicious but the menu of salad was rather poor. Thai cuisine was great and shrimp dumpling was really tasty. The most remarkable menu was fresh fruit juice. Each juice stand had each fruits on the top of the stand, so you can distinguish what kinds of fruit is in it.

-Erawan Bakery-
Just before leaving for Japan, there was one thing I wanted to try. I love bread, in particular, sweet pastries. There were many kinds of appealing pastries at Erawan Bakery. I asked a staff whether I could bring those pastries to Japan. The staff told me that the pastries would be able to keep good conditions for 3 days. I made up my mind and bought 4 kinds of pastries for bringing to Japan. As the staff told me, the pastries were fresh and tasty so that mom and I could enjoy them in Japan. I recommend you will do it.

-Activity in the hotel-
Every day I enjoyed swimming in the big pool on the 5th floor which was surrounded by a teakwood sundeck. On the same floor, there was a changing and relaxation rooms where we could use lockers, featuring saunas, steam rooms, showers and grooming rooms. The facilities were well organized and cleaned. I thought I did not need using bath room in my room.

If it can be summed up I really recommend this hotel for people who want to enjoy everything safely in a gorgeous atmosphere. In a safe environment you can relax and feel at peace thanks to well equipped environment as well as courteous staff. Do you know whether I will choose this hotel again ? Of course I will do !!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LoveMoon

Dear Lovemoon,

Many thanks for staying with us and for subsequently sharing detailed feedback about your visit on this forum. We truly appreciate you making Grand Hyatt Erawan your preferred hotel in Bangkok and I am delighted we were able to exceed your expectations.

Rest assured that your positive comments will be shared with our teams as they continue to strive to provide authentic hospitality to our guests on a daily basis.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future and please contact me directly via adam.zilber@hyatt.com should you require any further assistance.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was our first stay at any Hyatt Hotel and it was a memorable experience, in all respects. From the moment that we stepped off at the gate of the Hotel until the time that we left the service was flawless. Service is what defines a hotel and service that the Grand Hyatt Erawan delivers is what makes it an exceptional hotel even in the 5-star category . The rooms were impeccably clean and staff ever obliging and helpful, from the reception to the concierge and those serving in the executive lounge, they were attuned to every requirement of ours. Of course, there is the location that makes it easy to travel and shop with 2 of the biggest malls in Bangkok at its doorstep. As for the restaurants we tried the Noodle outlet (U & Me) which is exceptional value for your money as is the bakery. The Italian restaurant was fine dining where we spent 2 hours listening to live music, the Band there was truly good and gets us in the mood to let loose on the dance floor.
We would like to thank Adam Z as well as Jessica Shea for their commitment to making our stay pleasurable and hope they succeed in all that they are striving to achieve in whatever endeavors they are pursuing.
To each and every one at the Hyatt,
Heartfelt thanks,
Kamal and Cyrus Daruwalla.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th Floor in Room 1222, that is at the far side end of the floor, where it was quiet, however do think that the rooms at the opposite end have a better view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Kamal and Cyrus Daruwalla,

It was a pleasure meeting you both and have the opportunity to host you. Thank you for making us your preferred hotel in Bangkok and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Rest assured that your positive comments will be shared with our teams. We strive to provide authentic hospitality to all of our guests and encourage our associates to make a connection with them. I am delighted to read that we were able to do so for you both.

Please feel free to contact me personally should you require any future assistance and we look forward to welcoming you back.