“My home in Bangkok”

Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
Ranked #36 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I always stay at Grand Hyatt while in Bangkok and enjoy the food there. Breakfast spread is superb .... Asian as well as continental. Excellent restaurants in the basement. The location is very close to business district... Central world, MBK, and many malls.

Stayed: May 2014
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Satheesh_Muttathil,

Many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok your preferred hotel and for subsequently taking the time to share your feedback via this forum.

We do appreciate your positive comments about our food and beverage options and will be sure to share them with our respective teams. I am delighted that you found our unique location beneficial and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Do let me know if I may be of any further assistance and I may be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

It is very hard indeed to fault anything connected with our stay at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. Beautiful room, faultless service (it was particularly nice to be taken to our room by the young lady who checked us in at reception), excellent food (breakfasts to die for) and lovely little extras like the treats in our room. Due to the uncertain situation in Bangkok at the time of booking, we had several email exchanges with the General Manager, Mr Adam Zilber. He went out of his way to answer all our queries and gave us very detailed information about transport options etc. We decided to use the hotel limousine service both to and from the airport, and wow it was wonderful. Air Con turned up high when we got in, chilled water, and wi-fi! The pool area was lovely and just the right place to spend a morning in Bangkok recovering from a long flight. Keep up the good work Mr Zilber.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor would probably be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Maddy57,

Greetings from Bangkok and many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan your preferred hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Rest assured that your positive comments regarding your arrival experience and breakfast will be shared with our respective teams. I am also very happy that you found our initial communications, prior to your arrival, helpful. The safety and security of our guests and associates are of the utmost importance and though the political situation in Bangkok has been a challenge, the hotel has continued to operate as normal.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok and personally thank you for the kind words and feedback you have provided.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We recently visited Bangkok and stayed at Grand Hyatt Erawan. We arrived at 2 a.m. and the hotel limo was waiting for us. The staff was very efficient and professional. The property is centrally located and right next to the famous 4-face buddha, and it is within walking distance to several shopping centers. The fitness center and swimming pool were great too. The only disappointment was the morning buffet which was overpriced. Overall, it is a great hotel and would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear SanFrancisco201025,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing feedback regarding your recent visit to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok.

I appreciate your positive comments about our hotel, its location and the services we provide. Rest assured that these comments will be shared with our teams accordingly. I may be reached directly via adam.zilber@hyatt.com should you have any additional feedback you may wish to share, or if I may be of any future assistance.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and thank you again for making us your preferred hotel in Bangkok.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Grand Hyatt Erawan. Nice property, perfect location and great service. The only thing we were a bit disappointed with was the food at the Grand Club Lounge. Have experienced better variety and selection at other Hyatt properties world over. However, it was a very satisfactory experience overall and we would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ReethikaSingh,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok and many thanks for taking the time to share feedback about your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our unique location and services. I was, however, disappointed to see that our food and beverage offerings in the Grand Club failed to meet your expectations. I am interested in any additional feedback and details you may be able to provide me about how you feel we may be able to improve our current offerings, and may be reached directly via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Once again thank you for making Grand Hyatt Erawan your preferred hotel in Bangkok and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I don't know where to begin as I can never say enough good things about this lovely property ...

This was not our first stay here. Stayed at a renovated Grande Suite on the 18th floor overlooking central Bangkok (Ratchprasong intersection) with an easy stairs access to the renovated lounge located just one floor below. Our renovated suite looks more intimate than before with darker colors and moody lighting. The addition of new lines and subtle colors and decor that are uniquely Thai will distinguish this property from the other international chain hotels in Bangkok. The specious new suite contains a newly added espresso machine with supplies, new plumbing in the master bathroom, separate tub & rainforest shower, June Jacobs fancy toiletries, walk-in closet with ample storage space, and extensive list of must-haves in case you left them home. We requested baby shampoo, bottle steamer, firm pillows, and extra bedding for our two kids (ages 3 & 5 years) in addition to other items. They were all delivered promptly and without nickle & dime-ing us ... a truly 5-star trait.

They done a great job with renovating the lounge where they added some privacy dividers, removed the huge oval table from the center, and created a more intimate ambiance. The breakfast in the newly renovated lounge remains the same as before in terms of quality and variety. The offerings are delicious, substantial, and satisfactory as I was not hungry after this meal until early supper. There are several stations very well stocked with everything we like: pastries & breads, jams & butter, cold cuts (including lox) & salads, yogurts & cereals, fruits & other condiments, and a hot station that serves eggs to order any style with bacon, sausage, and Asian dishes like fried rice, congee (Khaotom), and various noodles. Beverages including hot tea, coffee, cappuccino, juices, etc. Happy hour food offerings and libations were also great. On many evening I noticed hotel upper managers making the rounds during happy hour to interact with guests without intruding checking to see all is well. This was very special as not too many properties do this to ensure our stay was a successful one.

The staff is what makes this property so unique. They offered us awesome treatment and impeccable service. Everyone from housekeeping to lounge staff including front desk, concierge, business center, and porters ... they were all awesome and kind to us and our kids.

The location is right in the center of town with direct access to Bangkok's elevated light monorail system (BTS) placing the entire city and all worthy points of interest at our fingertips. We spent many hours swimming and playing at the huge 5th floor pool where we got direct sun light with ample comfortable beach chairs and towels provided promptly.

More photos of our stay can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/sets/72157643408990134/

Thank you Grand Hyatt Erawan for the great stay and all the memories ... you are our home away from home!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Royal Polo Park or the Ratchaprasong intersection offer the best views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Zilfo
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Zilfo,

I was delighted to read your detailed account of your recent visit to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. Your positive comments about our newly renovated rooms were most appreciated, as was your feedback about our new Grand Club Lounge. Rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our teams as they are the ones striving to provide authentic hospitality to all of our guests on a daily basis.

It was very fulfilling to read that our staff was able to exceed your expectations with the level of service they provided you and your family. We look forward to hosting in the future and that you will once again make Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok your preferred hotel.

Please let me know if I may be of any personal assistance and I may be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

It's all true. Location, brilliant. So convenient to the BTS and shopping, restaurants etc. Accommodation, classic luxury. Many thoughtful touches in the rooms. Friendly, smiling and helpful staff. Great range of eateries in the hotel. On a stopover heading home to Australia from France, Switzerland and the UK , I thought we'd be too tired and jaded to be inspired by yet another hotel. But we had a wonderful stay at the Erawan.
But the truly most remarkable feature of the hotel is it's service. We had checked out and were in a taxi,approaching our hotel in Hua Hin (3 hours away), when we realized that we (ok, I...) had left our passports in our room safe. Disaster!
My husband called the Erawan, who checked and called us straight back to confirm that they had the passports and would send them down in their shuttle/limousine to the Grand Hyatt property in Hua Hin for us to collect that very afternoon. Amazing!
I am immensely grateful to the Erawan, for saving me from spousal wrath, and ensuring that we could resume our beachside break without the stress of lost passports.
You will always get a 5 star rating from me!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Fally,

Greetings from Bangkok and many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan your preferred hotel during your visit to Thailand.

I was most pleased to read your comments regarding our facility and location but was delighted with your positive feedback regarding the service you received. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality to each and every one of our guests, and to see that we managed to exceed you and your wife's expectations was very fulfilling. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with our teams and we hope to host you again in the near future.

Please let me know if I may be of any personal assistance and I can be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

For work we go to this hotel very year and always add a few extra days just to relax. Hotel is roomy, clean and staff are very friendly and helpful. We always upgrade up club level to save hassle on food, drinks and booking of meeting rooms. Spa is expensive but beautiful. Pool and gym are perfect! Location is perfect as well, in the middle of shopping and next to metro and markets. Great place for business travel!

Room Tip: Upgrade to clublevel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Natalie C,

I was delighted to read your positive comments about your recent visit to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. We truly appreciate you making us your hotel of choice on this visit to Thailand and will be sure to share your comments with our team.

Do let me know if future travel plans once again include Bangkok as we would love the opportunity to host you once again. I may be reached directly should you require any further assistance via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.