Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
US$268
US$241
Okura Hotels
4,040 results
All reviewslower lobbydiamond membercentral worldthe club loungef bsiam paragonexcellent locationfour seasonsbusiness tripbusiness hoteleasy accessbreakfast spreadluxury hotelbts stationshopping mallspassogh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2011

What a terrible experience. I met up with family and friends from my church group here to spend the holidays and what a tragic decision that was. Most of the group was on vacation from the US. I live in Thailand, so my expectations of service here have naturally sunk to unexpected lows... However, even I was shocked at the lack of genuine and competent service at this dump.

The Lobby is nice but the rooms are just plain disgusting, old and dirty. The staff, as usual has those big nauseating superficial smiles, but when you need something their eyes glaze over and your request goes in one ear and out the other.... I finally just stopped talking to the staff, it was pointless.

One night several of our group were having an impromptu bible study in my suite, it was probably around 9:00 pm. The doorbell rang, when I answered the door a bellboy was standing there with a transvestite prostitute... I'm sure I appeared confused, he said "you ask for entertainment, sir?" I replied "I certainly did not" and slammed the door.... when I turned around, I saw my friends and family "horrified"!!! I called to the front desk they explained the bellboy had accidently transposed the room numbers. RIDICULOUS!!!

Please refer to my separate review of the hotel's restaurant entitled "These Criminals Ruined My Christmas - TERRIBLE SHAME !!!!"

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
10  Thank Filmcraft
Reviewed 26 January 2011

We arrived quite late on our return to Europe after a long holiday in Australia.
Great location, beautiful hotel, try You&Me restaurant, it's amazing, beautiful swimming pool and great service on Grand Club floor.
Definitely a unique address in this amazing, colorful city.
We will suggest everyone to book here.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2011

The trip was combined business and leisure (my wife worked while I relaxed !). We stayed for 5 nights. The hotel is located about one minute from Chit Lom Skytrain station and adjoins the Erawan Shrine.

We found it to be a really top class hotel with very friendly, attentive staff who were always keen to help and have an attentive eye to every little detail. We had a lovely view of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club from our window. The roof top pool is a spiritual oasis amid the hustle and bustle of busy Bangkok.

The breakfast buffet offers a supurb choice to suit all tastes. I am a Vegan and had no problems whatsoever in enjoying a substantial breakfast from the wide variety of food on offer. Additionally when we used one of the hotel restaurants for our evening meal the staff were quite happy to cater for my preferences - the Chef actually came out to ask was everything to my satisfaction.

If you are looking for a 5 star luxury hotel in Bangkok then the Grand Hyatt Erawan should be at the top of your list. We can't wait to go back !

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Trevor196345
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Been staying here for my business trips on a regular. The hotel lobby is always crowded, security is heightened, particularly when there's an event attended/hosted by important officials (and there are many of those!). The hotel staff is always very polite regardless of which important official they are anxiously waiting for.

The room itself is pretty sizeable, including the toilet. It's not exactly the Park Hyatt type of fancy, but it has a nice and classy decor and feel to it. The hotel is located in a great location, with restaurants, pharmacies, fast food chains and a hospital within walking distance! For the shoppers or those hoping to catch some shopping in between busy days, the hotel is located right where all the major shopping malls are. Central, Emporium, Paragon etc.

Traffic can get a little crazy at peak hours (nothing new in Bangkok), but the BTS station is conveniently located (5 mins walk), which has saved me a lot of time.

A little damper was when I lost a luggage (left it in a cab), and was trying to ask the hotel to track the cab down. I had the card where the hotel wrote the cab's license plate, but unfortunately I did not notice the color. When we first called the hotel, they didn't ask us many questions, and when we called an hour later to ask about the status, we then realized that the previous request got lost! My colleague was staying on for a couple more days, and was following up with them regularly. In the end they managed to track down the cabbie 2 days later, but the luggage was long gone by then. I'm not sure if the hotel could have helped much more, but it would have been nice if they followed up the first time we called.

What I would like to see improved would be the TV channels! It's mainly local TV channels, international news channels and a handful of foreign channels. Would be nice to have more English entertainment (non-news) channels to watch to wind down.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Very good location, very good service, rooms not too big but nice clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business