“Horrible observation deck”
Review of Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Baiyoke Sky Hotel
Ranked #297 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The observation deck is very horrible and expensive. Yes the view is ok that's if you can see anything through the dirty glass. The entire upstairs is VERY old. It's very expensive to pay to get up there and it's not worth it. If you want a sky high view of the city either go to the Skybar at the Centara Grand (Red Skybar) or the Skybar at Lebua where they filmed the Hangover 2.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Please kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration you had experienced. We would urgently rectify this matter as soon as possible.

We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed on the 66th floor at Baiyoke Sky Hotel - very pleasant, spacious room, centrally located, walking distance to the sky train. No free wifi. Swimming Pool area very pleasant. Staff very professional and helpfull. Wonderful experience.

Rene Herbst - Cape Town, South Africa

Room Tip: Never got to see the other rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rene H

Dear Guest,

Such an excellent feed back from you! We're really appreciate it! Thank you very much.

It was indeed a great pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again to Baiyoke Sky Hotel on your next trip to Bangkok.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We booked 4 rooms, 2 rooms at 43rd fl and 2 rooms at 37th fl, unfortunately we separated,,, but the was not flexible,,, the 43rd fl can't went to 37th fl and 37th fl can't went to 43rd either,,after arguing,, the receptionist give 2 extra access cards for both floor. And we had to queue for the elevator in the peak season like this Xmas. Anyways,,, this hotel is the right place for shopaholic, with the stalls around the hotel. And the breakfast was good, there was a lot of variety food.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a nice feedback with us! We have take all points of your comment to improve our service more better.

Please kindly accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed at Baiyoke Sky Hotel in mid-November and again on the way back from Phuket in December. Checked out on the 2nd of December. The hotel will ask all guests for a deposit of 3000 baht and will tell you that it is refundable. My experienced unfortunately was not pleasant when it came to the hotel refunding me.

We did not use any of their paid for facilities and paid cash for everything we had, charged nothing to the room and never used their wifi etc. Got back to South Africa, checked my bank account and noticed that they have not reversed this as yet 16 days later, have been mailing the hotel, eventually got a response 3 days later, no apology or explanation from the front manager Montatip Vaiyachoti (Ms.) – just a one liner to say that the money will reflect in the next statement …..I waited, and a month later to date and till I have not received my deposit money back.

I am very eager to see if this last resort will even help, and what kind of a response I will get if any on this post.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NoorM M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share comment during you recent stay with us.

We will follow up about deposit refund processing for you asap.

Asst. Sales Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I booked deluxe space zone, breakfast included for the price of $180 on New year's eve night via Agoda a week before.

After almost 30 minutes of wating for checking in (I understand it was a heavily busy day), reception assigned 6104 for me. But wait a minute thats space zone???? I made sure that's right room (the screen behind the reception desk displayed Space Zone was 64 - 74).
So (I think) she comforts me by giving the 2 vouchers of 20-mins foot massage.

I called the front office manager later to confirm that the information I have is right, she informed that she has to contact e-commerce to change the ads and all screen saver around the hotel for the floor change and no apology :( I felt unfair and cheated, the reason I booked this hotel is because of the height. if I knew I got the lower floor like this, I would have bought other newer and with better star hotel around Bangkok instead.

Breakfast was tasteless and lack of food variety, slow service from the hangover staff.

Room service is reasonable and fast.

The room was big and bathroom is clean, even the condition was really old and needs renovation.

The hotel should concern signing the contract of glass-cleaning more frequent as the glass was so dirty and could not make any good picture out of it.

Other than that, nothing to talk about at all.
I would recomend to definitely avoid staying here.
It was such a disaster and totally ruined my new year's eve night.

Room Tip: Superior has a glass wall with better side of Bangkok's view, while Deluxe has small window to s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, which allows us to see what we could have done better, we will make sure rectification is being taken urgently.

Please allow us another chance to find out what really went wrong and make it right for you and serve you better.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration you had experienced. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Asst. Sales Manager

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I'm not very new in staying in Baiyoke Sky. I stayed here a couple of times. It never seized to amazed me.
From the location, it's facilities- where they have a swimming and a nice top view overlooking the entire city., it's buffet breakfast and most specially it's value for money. Rooms are also big enough to accommodate a family. Definitely will always come back :)

• Stayed: November 2013
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and great recommendation here on Tripadvisor. We're really appreciate it!

We truly hope you will return soon as we love to have the pleasure of seeing you as our regular guests!
Until we meet again, please keep well and have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I only had one night in Bangkok and decided to end 2013 at the most upbeat location. Anywhere near CentralWorld.

Made a last minute flight and hotel booking and reached Bangkok central by 6pm.

The Space Zone room was fantastic...great view for fireworks right at midnight and very near Central World area to join after party to usher 2014.

Bathroom was spacious and had separate bath room along with jacuzzi tub. Convenient mart on the hotel lobby for simple amenities.

My only fret was really the carpet. Old, wear and tear - I hope it will be refurbished.

Also do get the paid wifi. My phone had minimal signal reception on the 70th floor.

Location to tourist areas aplenty and very near ARL line (150 metre walk). It cost literally THB40 to get from Suvarnhabumi to hotel.

In the morning, had a nice card for 2014 and some cookies baked with my name on it. Truly a special way to start New Year. Thanks for the memories Baiyoke

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JWNYsg

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken some of your valuable time to share your comment . Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit. We appreciate your understanding and patience.