“Sky zone- romance above the clouds”
Review of Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Baiyoke Sky Hotel
Ranked #305 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend in December 2013, in a sky zone room with the romance above the clouds package. It's the second time I've stayed here, and I don't remember having such a bad experience the first time. The package included airport transfers, which was a really great help, 'unlimited free wifi' which turned out to only be one hour for one phone between us, which only worked for about 20 minutes and cut off, no internet meant we didn't get emails to say our flight was actually delayed by 24hours! Also included was a buffet dinner and breakfast each morning which were both fantastic! The location was also fantastic. The room layout was awesome, and we enjoyed the lookout, however we are non smokers and requested a non smoking room, and I woke up in the middle of the night because the smell of cigarette was so strong and gross coming through the vents, that I had to put my head under the blankets so I couldn't smell it! Oh and included in the package it also said we had a late checkout of 2pm, but our card stopped working and we couldn't get back to the room. Don't even want to get started on the ridiculous wait for an elevator! Some features of the hotel were great, but others definitely need an improvement!

• Stayed: December 2013
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share comment during you recent stay with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit. Please rest assured I have taken up all the points raise with our department concerned in order to improve our service standard accordingly.

We hope this will not deter you from using our service again and we look forward to opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Asst. Sales Manager (E-Commerce)

Write a ReviewReviews (5,072)

Reviewed 6 January 2014

we stayed here on the 28th dec as we wanted somewhere nice to stay before heading home! awful 1st room was on the 61st floor attached to the air conditioning room for the whole hotel, could not even hear yourself talk, then there was the cockroaches in the bathroom so after 6 calls they moved us to the 62nd floor the bellboy came and explained that there were cockroaches on every floor so had to just deal with it! he found it hilarious that we were not happy, as per others comments the reception staff are pretty much miserable and barely said a word to us checking in. the place is like a train station. its dirty and it smells of damp and the lifts are a nightmare!

the area made it that much worse felt very unsafe in this area of Bangkok not nice and a nightmare trying to get anywhere with all the stalls.

I would class this a 2*star hotel based on the rooms. needs a total refurb!

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, which allows us to see what we could have done better, we would urgently rectify the matter and make sure your experience had been recovered.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration you had experienced. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is not luxurious at all but convenient for 1-2 nights stay.
The breakfast is as huge and long as 1 kilometer.
The views from upper floors are superb. The revolving panorama from 83d floor is a MUST.
Management is fine but the rooms need some renovations.
Internet charge is 400 baht per 24 hours and it works everywhere in hotel.
Too many visitors and guests (660 rooms...).

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Such an excellent feedback and recommendation from you. Thank you very much.

It was indeed a great pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again to Baiyoke Sky Hotel on your next trip to Bangkok.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've stayed on the 45th floor for 3 nights from 2 Jan to 5 Jan. On on second night of stay, we spotted a cockroach on the sofa. Definitely a disappointment. That aside, on the whole, I am still rather satisfied with the level of cleanliness.

But the location of the hotel is good because it is near platinum mall and other attractions. Also, it is a short walk from the airport rail which connects directly to the airport. It is about 5 minutes walk if you walk through the back entrance of the hotel.

The breakfast buffet is quite good as there are many choices available!

I might still choose to stay in baiyoke sky again because of its location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback dated back in last July. I am terribly sorry to hear that the room cleanliness quite disappointing you, please kindly accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit. We would urgently rectify this matter.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

It's self-explanatory why Baiyoke Sky has the best view, being the tallest building in Thailand..it has a 360 view of the city.
They have quite a good selection of restaurants including international buffets, cafes, bbq, a floating market restaurant and a roof top bar. The rooms are pretty good, did not have much issues with the elevator...wasn't a big fan of the carpet spread on the floor. The best part of our rooms were the bathrooms... neat and spacious!!
There is a family mart for your convenience in the lobby and its definitely the best location for shopaholics.
The Pratunam Market area, Central World, Zen, Shibuya 19, and a lot more..shopping choices are great!!
Cabs are easily available and the sky train at a walkable distance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a nice feedback with us! We are very happy to read that you have a pleasant stay with us.

We truly hope you will return soon as we love to have the pleasure of seeing you as our regular guests!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the New year eve, (2013-2014). I requested an early check in and a high room floor, as I have read here that the 50th floor is famous for Cockroaches! I wanted an early check in as I have heard the lobby is always busy. Well, I arrived an hour early, 1:PM and was in the rigorous process of check in that after in line for 20 minutes was given a "pre-check in" card. I asked why I am not getting my room key? I was told the room was not ready, and they do not necessarily honor customer requests!?! While waiting in the lobby a man from the 50th floor came down with a photo of a cock roach that was in his room. He wanted out and a refund and was told he could get the refund in a month. I came back at 2:PM which was normal check in time and after standing in line again for 20 minutes, guess whos room they wanted to give me on the 50th floor? I said I was supposed to get a higher floor room as you can reads others have the cock roach story to tell! There was a sign in the lobby that said for 1000Bht you could get an up grade, so I asked if I paid the money could I get the upgrade, now the rooms go; standard, sky and space. I was on the sky so an upgrade would be space. I was told I could get an up grade but it would be on a lower level. How could that even be!?! So on the back of my Gala ticket, as I was there for the new years gala, (over $200 US for one night), It said my room was on the 61st floor and the lady was crossing it off to write the 50th floor. I said wait a minute, I want the higher floor as I requested, and she said that it was not ready, but if I want it I can come back in another hour! So after over 3 hours to check into a hotel, and the staff as helpful and cordial as the cock roaches I keep hearing about there. I got my room. The view of the city is breath taking! The Gala was exquisite! But you can buy the buffet for around 450 BHT and 300BHT for the view point floor. You wouldn't have to stay here and with the rude staff that only smiled and wai-ed after I gave them the money; I would recommend staying away from this NON customer orientated establishment. Visit the view point, but DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: You can visit the view point for 300 BHT. Choose a room at a different hotel! Pick a top floor to av...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jetblack555

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share comment during you recent stay with us, which allows us to see what we could have done better. We will make sure rectification is being taken urgently.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Rooms on floor 41 OK, large, a bit run down.
Pool OK.
Elevators complicated, you need to switch on floor 18 (lobby) to get to other places.
Check-in inefficient. Arrived before 1400 (checkin time) and was told one of the two rooms was not ready, which was OK, but even after 1400 I was asked to wait three times before it was really ready.
View really great, both the outdoor restaurant, the two breakfast floors, and the two observation decks. Try the outdoor revolving one !
Breakfast variety excellent, quality good.
Located in textile district, lots of stalls around hotel. 150m easy walk to airport express, and you can change to BTS after one station. 2 km to MBK, or do the airport express/BTS route, or hotel shuttle service to MBK every hour from 1000.
Taxi service, for a hotel in this class, is bad like someone stated.
I usually stay in Sukhumvit area, I'm happy I tried this hotel, got a good price, might come back, but would not stay for a long visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken some of your valuable time to share your comment. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit, we would urgently rectify the matter and make sure your experience had been recovered.

Yours Sincerely,
Asst. Sales Manager (E-Commmerce)