“Location is not the best, but what a view, love this hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Baiyoke Sky Hotel
Ranked #282 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Stockholm, Sweden
“Location is not the best, but what a view, love this hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

There is plenty to shop around if that is what you are looking for, otherwise the hotel offered free shuttle to a place close to the mall area like MBK and Siam Paragon. The view is SPECTACULAR, I couldn't sleep just looking at Bangkok by night.We were staying in Sky zone, I could only imagine what a view must be from Space zone..The breakfast buffet is a great selection of Thai and international cuisine, SO much to choose from..really great experience, the Roof Top Bar has lots of things to do ..even for small kids.. the pool isn't super great but enough for us to refresh after a shopping day! We recommend this hotel, worth each THB :)
We'll be back soon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Pleasant stay with us! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and great recommendation here on Tripadvisor.

We truly hope you will return soon as we love to have the pleasure of seeing you as our regular guests!

Asst. Sales Manager (E-Commerce)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Many might be wondering if it's really that bad but to be frank , few years back their service and everything was still ok , but to my surprise , their current service for everything except the luggage man was as terrible as hell . I'm so angry that I really had to write this review to stop people from making wrong decision for staying here when they provide lousy service . I booked a room with a package including 1hr wifi per day and includes other things stated in the booking reference , yes I definitely would say that I pay for the 1hr wifi rather than it's a complimentary from the hotel . If I didn't wanted a package including the wifi it would be way cheaper . It's not about the price/money etc. it's about how they talk to their customer who always visits them since years and years ago . This was what happen , I needed to be connected to a wifi urgently and I called the front desk people to ask for the login id and password they told me to make a trip down to lobby in order to get the wifi password and I asked them do I really have to go down and they said yes ( the way she speaks sounds rude and irritated when I talk to her nicely ) . So I didn't want to make things worst so I went down personally to go get the wifi login id and password the front desk girl was giving me a black face and when I thanked her she didn't even bother to say welcome , how rude can she be ? ( FYI I didn't have to ask for the wifi password during the trip I came last month they would write it down in a paper and give it to you when you checked in even if they didn't give it to us when we were checking in they would provide us with the login id and password immediately through phone patiently . ) so I went up to my room trying to connect to the hotel network in order to login to my 1hr/day wifi , there wasn't any wifi networks that appeared I moved from my bed to the door and even worst to outside of my room trying to connect to their wifi , So I called the front desk to ask the girl if she could restart their internet router for me because there wasn't any network shown on my phone and to my surprise she replied me with ' no I can't , maybe the problem is with your phone our whole hotel is still using the wifi and it doesn't have a problem . ' ok then I tried using my mum's phone to see if there's the hotel network stated on the wifi list and it didn't appeared I was pissed off with how I was literally sitting by my door side for hrs just to connect to a wifi and suddenly the login page for the wifi stated that I used up my 1hr wifi .. And I was shocked , really shocked by how I had to sit by the door and trying to get network and ended up my wifi was used up . And I called ask why is my wifi internet used up when I haven't even really use it and they asked me to go to lobby again -.- I checked in came up and needed to get wifi password and ID and went down and went up to my room and now they expecting me to go down again and said that they can't do anything to help so I went down again assuming that they might understand what I'm trying to say when I'm talking to them face to face . I went down and got ignored by the front desk girl and I waited for her to get back to me and she did after ard 5 mins and when I started to explain de literally cut off what I wanted to say and ask me to speak to their manager about it . Ok fine I went and explain to their duty manager and I said that why is my internet used up when I haven't even use and the wifi signal on my level was so low that I can barely stand at the door to connect it . And he went like pushing all the problems away saying that he can't help me it's used up means I need to wait for the next day after 12 to use the wifi for the second day , so I asked them that if it's this way it's like I'm paying for the 1st day of wifi for nothing ? And to my surprise he replied me saying something that blown me off and got over my limits , he said your wifi package it's a complimentary wifi given FREE from the hotel . I was like are you seriously talking to me this way ? I was shocked and raged hen I heard him saying that . I swallowed down my anger and went up to tell my mum what happen . And when my mum went to talk to them saying that she wants to talk to their manager the same duty manager that gave me bad reply talked to her . And my mum explained to her and ask him why is their service so bad now when it was ok last time , so he came up with a new internet router with my mum and I then found out that this room doesn't even have a router installed then how would I get to connect to their wifi when every room suppose to have 1 . I was so angry and I really swear that I won't come here anymore . That's it even their manager service was so terrible compared to their lugguage man I really think that they should swap position as the lugguage man was very friendly and helped you with what they could . Overall I gave them 2 its because this hotel is near pratunam and malls another part is definitely for their lugguage man's good service . This hotel service is the worst compared to all that I've been to . Yes it is definitely true that they have cockroaches in their room because I just saw them today . Bad bad bad experience . It's really not just because of the 1hr wifi that made me angry , it's their lousy service that turn me off .

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Joleneeeeeeeeeee
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share comment during you recent stay with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit. We have noted and report this to our Front Office Manager and we will make sure rectification is being taken urgently.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration you had experienced. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Asst. Sales Manager (E-Commerce)

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend in December 2013, in a sky zone room with the romance above the clouds package. It's the second time I've stayed here, and I don't remember having such a bad experience the first time. The package included airport transfers, which was a really great help, 'unlimited free wifi' which turned out to only be one hour for one phone between us, which only worked for about 20 minutes and cut off, no internet meant we didn't get emails to say our flight was actually delayed by 24hours! Also included was a buffet dinner and breakfast each morning which were both fantastic! The location was also fantastic. The room layout was awesome, and we enjoyed the lookout, however we are non smokers and requested a non smoking room, and I woke up in the middle of the night because the smell of cigarette was so strong and gross coming through the vents, that I had to put my head under the blankets so I couldn't smell it! Oh and included in the package it also said we had a late checkout of 2pm, but our card stopped working and we couldn't get back to the room. Don't even want to get started on the ridiculous wait for an elevator! Some features of the hotel were great, but others definitely need an improvement!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share comment during you recent stay with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit. Please rest assured I have taken up all the points raise with our department concerned in order to improve our service standard accordingly.

We hope this will not deter you from using our service again and we look forward to opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Surrey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

we stayed here on the 28th dec as we wanted somewhere nice to stay before heading home! awful 1st room was on the 61st floor attached to the air conditioning room for the whole hotel, could not even hear yourself talk, then there was the cockroaches in the bathroom so after 6 calls they moved us to the 62nd floor the bellboy came and explained that there were cockroaches on every floor so had to just deal with it! he found it hilarious that we were not happy, as per others comments the reception staff are pretty much miserable and barely said a word to us checking in. the place is like a train station. its dirty and it smells of damp and the lifts are a nightmare!

the area made it that much worse felt very unsafe in this area of Bangkok not nice and a nightmare trying to get anywhere with all the stalls.

I would class this a 2*star hotel based on the rooms. needs a total refurb!

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, which allows us to see what we could have done better, we would urgently rectify the matter and make sure your experience had been recovered.

Moscow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is not luxurious at all but convenient for 1-2 nights stay.
The breakfast is as huge and long as 1 kilometer.
The views from upper floors are superb. The revolving panorama from 83d floor is a MUST.
Management is fine but the rooms need some renovations.
Internet charge is 400 baht per 24 hours and it works everywhere in hotel.
Too many visitors and guests (660 rooms...).

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Such an excellent feedback and recommendation from you. Thank you very much.

It was indeed a great pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again to Baiyoke Sky Hotel on your next trip to Bangkok.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've stayed on the 45th floor for 3 nights from 2 Jan to 5 Jan. On on second night of stay, we spotted a cockroach on the sofa. Definitely a disappointment. That aside, on the whole, I am still rather satisfied with the level of cleanliness.

But the location of the hotel is good because it is near platinum mall and other attractions. Also, it is a short walk from the airport rail which connects directly to the airport. It is about 5 minutes walk if you walk through the back entrance of the hotel.

The breakfast buffet is quite good as there are many choices available!

I might still choose to stay in baiyoke sky again because of its location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback dated back in last July. I am terribly sorry to hear that the room cleanliness quite disappointing you, please kindly accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit. We would urgently rectify this matter.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

It's self-explanatory why Baiyoke Sky has the best view, being the tallest building in Thailand..it has a 360 view of the city.
They have quite a good selection of restaurants including international buffets, cafes, bbq, a floating market restaurant and a roof top bar. The rooms are pretty good, did not have much issues with the elevator...wasn't a big fan of the carpet spread on the floor. The best part of our rooms were the bathrooms... neat and spacious!!
There is a family mart for your convenience in the lobby and its definitely the best location for shopaholics.
The Pratunam Market area, Central World, Zen, Shibuya 19, and a lot more..shopping choices are great!!
Cabs are easily available and the sky train at a walkable distance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a nice feedback with us! We are very happy to read that you have a pleasant stay with us.