“Great hotel with great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Baiyoke Sky Hotel
Ranked #290 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Bromma, Sweden
“Great hotel with great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the last weekend of hour two week honeymoon.
The expectation were great for this hotel. We had read some reviews here on Tripadvisor both good and bad.
But almost all our exceptions were meet in the most positive way.
We booked a Junior Suite in Space Zone (the highest levels) and the room was great.
The view from the room was amazing and the panoramic windows made it even better. We sat for hours just watching the scenery.
Since this was our second stay in Bangkok during our two weeks in Thailand we didn't feel the need to rush around looking at things. So instead we tried most of the stuff the hotel had to offer.
The Floating Market Buffé was our first stop. An amazing buffé on the 75th floor.
We also had a dinner on the Bangkok Balcony on the 81th floor it was a bit pricey but totally worth it.
The breakfast at this hotel is one of the larges I've ever seen, and that it is on the 82nd floor doesn't hurt.

Even if our feedback is mostly positive we fund some negative things, like all the large tourist groups in elevators. Even if they try to keep the groups out of the guest elevators they don't always succeed.
One of the other thing is that even if you live on the 67th floor you can here the noise from the road on the ground way to loud.
And internet, all you get is one hour a day of free wifi access. And you can only use it on one device. That's very cheap.

I can warmly recommend this hotel to everyone that's planing to go to Bangkok.
The location isn't the best but you can walk to MBK in 20 minutes and it's takes about 10 min to walk to the closes Skytrain station. They also have a free shuttle service to the weekend market, MKB and the Silom Shopping area and to to the Skytrain station.

We will probably book this hotel the next time we go to Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a nice feedback with us! Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit.

It was indeed a great pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again to Baiyoke Sky Hotel on your next trip to Bangkok.

We can't wait to see you!

Asst. Sales Manager (E-Commerce)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here in the Superior Suite - Standard Zone with 1 kid and 1 infant.

Firstly I must admit that having read so many negative reviews of so many people we were extremely apprehensive of Baiyoke. We booked this due to shopping convenience and reviews were so adverse that we did not expect anything from this hotel. However within 5 minutes of our check-in everything changed and for the 4 days we stayed with each day we liked the hotel more and more!!

Contrary to all opinions this hotel worked wonderfully for my whole family!!

So here goes....
From the time we arrived at about 6 pm the check-in was smooth. Our luggage was collected from the gate... we proceeded to check-in and went to our room - baggage arrived in no time. So did our baby cot & the extra bed for our older daughter everything came in quickly. We were well settled. Children loved the Superior Suite room. It was so large and my kids loved moving about the place and the little kept running around the whole place.

We were on 21st floor and I figured that it would have been no different had we been on 41st or 61st - with kids and shopping and other things to do in Bangkok we did not have much time to spend looking at the view from our room. We soaked in all the view from the breakfast restaurants on 82nd floor all 4 days and totally had our fill of the view from there as well as the 77th floor i.e. observatory deck etc., which is all complimentary to hotel guests.

About the hotel now.... We had great service, everyone was polite and courteous to us... room service was perfect, housekeeping did a fine job each day. The rooms were clean, so was the carpet and the bathroom. There were no roaches etc as written by many other travellers. Linen was clean and fresh. Towel supplies were adequate and provided for children as well. Bottled water supply and other room supplies were prompt and adequate. Something that worked for us like magic was the 24 hour supermarket at the lobby level - just so perfect when with kids. I could buy yogurt, milk and other items as needed. The bonus was beer / alcohol for us at supermarket prices, just buy all you want to drink to your heart's content and enjoy in the room! The other hotel facilities like breakfast, swimming pool, gym, bell desk, check out, payment settlement, complimentary airport transfer etc were great. We actually had zero complaints or trouble because I must say that we're quite demanding when we are travelling with family.

By the way we booked directly on the website of the hotel and found the best deal there - readers pls note this. Also we found the standard zone i.e. floor 22 to 49 to be the quietest and peaceful. This zone had separate elevators. Given that the restaurants, observatory etc is on higher levels the elevators for these facilities are shared with guests living from floors 50 to 80. Thus there may be inconvenience to guests here due to the crowd and business of the elevators.

Now shopping.... What a paradise you can find around the hotel. Just by walking around the hotel as it is located right in the middle of the wholesale market !! Whether you're keen to do street shopping in the night market or if you're looking for bulk discounts at Indra Mall or Prathunam market for wholesale purchases - all of this is right around you...! My family had a blast and shopped all they could - we bought an extra suitcase to fill in all the goodies bought from Bangkok.

Travelling around... hotel shuttle is quite nice for shorter areas around the place - ample taxi's available and so are tuk tuks - but you have to negotiate hard - the traffic is a menace in Bangkok like any other global city. For shopping walk around if you can - that's your best bet.

Lots of eating places also around from food courts to street food to restaurants - suitable for all budgets. Many Indian restaurants too (buy quite pricey). Indian food in hotel was extremely limited but surprisingly it was cheaper then the restaurants in the street. Good taste too!!

Some tiny suggestions for the hotel:

1. Breakfast spread was very nice and that's good but - vegetarian options were very few (need not be Indian - just need to be vegetarian) and breakfast was almost identical all days - this definitely needs to change.

2. Don't know why the hotel charges a measly 3000 Baht deposit - quite redundant in my view. Perhaps they can consider skipping it.

3. Room service menu needs more Indian dishes + more vegetarian dishes

Room Tip: We found the standard zone very quiet and nice. No hussle of crowds etc. Suites are quite economical...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kartik_Jhaveri
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a nice feedback with us! We were delighted to learn that your visit turned out to be generally pleasant one for you.

And for your information now an Indian food menus are available in our room service and all your recommendations has been noted.

Yours SIncerely,
East Sussex, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We booked this for our final night in Thailand after travelling around and staying in a variety of different hotels. We half expected this to be exactly what it was, but in all honesty, I was hoping for a little bit more. For the price, we got a huge suite in the Space Zone, which had amazing views of the city. However, that's as good as it got.
The hotel is full of tourists and unfortunately guests got no special treatment. Queuing for the lifts wasn't as hectic as I thought it might have been having read some reviews, but the hotel would definitely benefit from having a 'guest only' lift, as at some points we were being herded around from one lift to another which was a bit irritating. The location of the hotel is ok - right near MBK so good for some last minute shopping - but a fair distance from other main attractions.
On first impressions our room was a decent size with all amenities you would want, but despite the initial 'wow' factor when seeing the view, it was nothing special. The bathroom was big and the shower was good, but the bath itself was dirty and definitely hadn't been cleaned. When we went to bed, we realised the sheets and pillows were dirty, and there were also bugs on the floor.
When considering we had previously stayed in budget hotels and beach bungalows, it was disappointing to realise that they had all been cleaner than this one which was meant to be a little more luxurious.
Granted, you can pay more and stay in a truly sumptuous hotel, but I would still summarise this as being a bit of a disappointment. Personally, I would not stay here again. There are plenty lots of other beautiful hotels you could stay in, and simply visit one of these sky scrapers to enjoy a cocktail and the view... that's really all this was good for.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback here on TripAdvisor. I am terribly sorry to hear that the experience was rather disappointing to you, we would urgently rectify the matter and make sure your experience had been recovered.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration you had experienced. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Asst. Sales Manager (E-Commerce)

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Lucknow, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Even when I am writing this review I am in this hotel room 2303. I really believe now that every thing that looks big is not necessarily good..this hotel is classical example of this . The only plus point is location ... But so what there are so many other 5 star around. Now let's talk abt the things I didn't like 1.staff is not polite ,they are not good at English and if you ask them something or explain them something twice they get irritated ,which is totally not expected at any level. At there roof top bar we are having drinks rt now and asked for complimentary snacks,which they are serving to other for free ( I confirmed). One of the waitress very rudely told me to pay first for the same...I felt very bad and now I am leaving...2.there are only fixed menu restaurants. Don't know why. 3. House keeping very poor. 4. Room service is so bad that they get bills signed first and serve food later. I ordered some Indian food and fried chicken in lunch. They served Indian food but forgot to serve chicken. When I reminded them after 20 min. I had really a hard in explaining them regarding my pending order....I can only say one can easily miss this place and can stay any better star property around...

Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, which allows us to see what we could have done better, we will make sure rectification is being taken urgently. We are very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectation, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit.

We hope this will not deter you from using our service again and we look forward to have an opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

The location is excellent in the middle of Garment market. Staffs were nice and rooms are very big. Do not book directly from the hotel. Use online hotel sites to get special rate. Difficult to get taxi though.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

What a fantastic feeling we have when receiving such an excellent feedback and recommendation from you. Thank you very much.

We look forward to opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Review from May 2011 - I loved staying at Baiyoke, was doing business in Bangkok and ended up staying here all four times I visited. Depending on what time you go during the year it can be hectically full, but mainly the reception area, once you are in your room its quite. Depending on how far you are up the view is insane. the restaurants are lovely and you are in the vicinity of everything as baiyoke is so central to everything. This hotel has all the amenities a traveller can ask for. I loved it but it could be very touristy for some as it is in the hustle and bustle of it all. The sky zone is awesome, i got upgraded once, we stayed on the 66th floor and it took a while to get used to being so far up but it was amazing to wake up too that and watch the city at night. Bangkok is one of my favourite cities in the word, its just alive and happening

Room Tip: the sky zone rooms are phenomenal
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a nice feedback with us! We are very happy to read that you enjoyed and have a pleasant stay with us.

We truly hope you will return soon as we love to have the pleasure of seeing you as our regular guests!

Yours sincerely,
halesowen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I booked this for a few nights when my GF came to bangkok to stay. The view says it all. I stopped in the junior suite on the 74th floor. Loved it only downside a few windows were very dirty on the outside. View was amazing

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such an excellent feedback and great recommendations with us! And please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit.

I really hope we will be able to welcome you again.

Yours Sincerely,
Asst. sales Manager (E-Commerce)