“Disappointing experience but lovely views”
Review of Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Baiyoke Sky Hotel
Ranked #297 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
“Disappointing experience but lovely views”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights, lovely view from the room, nice room also.
My problem was things like $14 for wifi, or you had to buy a coffee down in a cafe. This was very annoying! Also we had to leave a $100 dollar deposit which we then got back in Thai baht, even though we were leaving Thailand. Just stinks of pettiness to me.
The tv didn't have more than 2 English speaking channels, no movies, no sports.
The location is strange, it's not close to anything, except a grubby market, and the taxi costs are more here than I have ever experienced in Bangkok over 10 visits.
All in all, a decent room, with amazing view, but lacks services, and the pool was a joke, you get better on the khoa san road backpacker hotels like the d and d.
I would suggest having a look from the viewing tower, but staying somewhere else.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lee G
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, which allows us to see what we could have done better. Please allow us another chance to find out what really went wrong and make it right.

We hope this will not deter you from using our service again and we look forward to opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Asst. Sales Manager (E-Commerce)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (787)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Minus - Overcrowded lobby. Long queues at check in. Vague smell in the corridors. Air conditioner in rooms. Mismanaged breakfast restaurants. To top it all, the safe of our room was faulty. They could not replace or repair it. So I had to keep the passports, iPad etc in the safe at the reception. Imagine, having to operate the reception safe at least 3 to 4 times a day.

Plus - Price of accommodation. Size of the rooms. View of the city at night.

In a nut shell, it is a very average hotel. The Ad campaigns and publicity on various travel portals create a huge expectation gap as the hotel fails to deliver on most counts. Being the tallest building should not be the reason for someone to stay at Baiyoke.Won't recommend, as there are many more similarly priced but much better managed properties in Bangkok.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BhawaniPathania
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback dated back in last May. I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay experience was rather disappointing to you. Please allow us another chance to find out what really went wrong and make it right for you and serve you better.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration you had experienced. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My Experience with Baiyoke Skt was very good. The rooms were tidy and the staff courteous. Also was able to find a good package with airport transfer and entry to top floor with mocktail. The breakfast was fantastic. The choice unlimited even for Vegeterian - Indian choice. Only was in the hotel for 3 days and the breakfast was same though too much choice would have appreciated if they could change slightly like changing Chic peas to Dal or some variation (Understand cannot change full). None the less breakfast was wonderful. Forgot to mention that the hotel was very kind and polite to send a cake with cookie and flower to our room as was my Wife's birthday. Thau toy for the wonderful gesture :). Was really surprised and toched.

Room Tip: Opted for a junior suite though even the deluxe rooms are good. Will recomed to anyone and everyone...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a nice feedback with us! We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the variety of food at breakfast!

We hope to see you back very soon at Baiyoke Sky Hotel on your next trip to Bangkok.

Singapore
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My best friend and i went to Bangkok for a short 4 Days 3 Nights stay in June 2013. We chose the Baiyoke Sky Hotel as the hotel as we had heard alot of great reviews about the hotel previously.

The lobby was very crowded when we were there. Nevertheless, reception service was quick and prompt. We were given a room on a high level and the view out of our room was FANTASTIC! I am still in awe when i look back at the photos that i took out of my room's window. The room is clean and spacious, nothing to complain about really. The bathroom, is even better. HUGE bathroom, with separate showers and bathtub.

The only downside of the hotel, is it's distance away from the MTR. Though this hotel is near to the airport railway, it is actually a long distance away from the MTR, which we had to take to visit our attractions. Great for people who just plan to visit Bangkok for a shopping trip.

In conclusion, i had a really pleasant stay in Baiyoke Sky. Would definitely go back if i were to visit Bangkok again.

Room Tip: Request for higher floors to get great scenery in the morning and the night.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jisushika1126
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a nice feedback with us! It was indeed a great pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again to Baiyoke Sky Hotel on your next trip to Bangkok.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

What I like:
The room they gave us has the view of the city's roads and skyways. We stayed on the 64th floor. The people who work there were friendly except for the person whom I talked to when we checked in the hotel. She is not very accommodating nor helpful. All the other staff were friendly and I like the room they gave us. The view is the cityscape where you can see the cars moving around Bangkok. You see the roads and highways. We stayed on the 64th floor. The staff are friendly except for the person whom I talked to when we checked in the hotel. She is not very friendly and not very helpful. Other were Okay. The hotel is very near the street markets. It is also near Platinum Mall and Pantip Mall (electronic shops).

What I do not like:
There are lots of people going in and out of the building. It is probably because of this is the tallest building in Bangkok and people go in and out of the hotel to dine and to see the whole of Bangkok, for a fee.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and great recommendations with us and please kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration you had experienced. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel in 20th Jan 2014 with my wife and 7 year old daughter.
This hotel is near all shopping attractions. International standard breakfast. Spacious room and friendly staff. Entry to observation deck is unlimited for hotel guest from which one can enjoy great view of Bangkok in both day and night. I booked in advance and got great discount. All my requests at the time of online booking was being kept. I am amazed to see their highly both automated and mannual s3curity system and was best in all my stayings in one month long east asia trip. In overall a great friendly hotel to stay. I will not only recomend others but will repeat in my next visit to Bangkok.

Room Tip: Take city view rooms since view is excellent.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and great recommendation here on Tripadvisor.

We truly hope you will return soon as we love to have the pleasure of seeing you as our regular guests!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Checked in today! 3/3/14
Booked a double room and was told there was none left and I got a free upgrade! When I checked my room it has two single beds!
As far as upgrade I would hate to see what the first room was like as this one stinks! All the furniture is outdated, weird stains on bed and sofa! Carpets stained and smelly! Cockroaches crawling all over the sofa.
When I ask can I upgrade to double room (what I paid for) they tell me I need to pay 3000 Baht.
Ordered food to my room, spaghetti Bolognese that tasted like dog food and was cold! All of the staff apart from lift porters have horrible attitude!

I stay in hotels a lot because of my work and this is the first time ever in my life I have written a completely bad review! This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!!

It's such a shame because the views are fantastic!

I would recommend anyone to book elsewhere possibly the Novotel over the road and u can pop in here anyway to see the view even if you are not staying here!!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Workingman11111

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels