“Wonderful Hotel”
Review of Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Baiyoke Sky Hotel
Ranked #303 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We didn't know the hotel the agency booked us till we reached it.
Basically its one of the best hotels in Bangkok and what i noticed is that tourists come to visit it as its on of the tallest buildings in Bangkok so we felt we were special staying in that hotel.

Booking was easy,we were nicely welcomed,staying in a room with a panoramic view over the whole Bangkok in the 74 FLOOR is a dream every body wishes to have.
We had a nice welcome cake and beautifully decorated bed,Service was at its best.
Breakfast was great with 360 view in 85th floor...we really enjoyed it so much.
The hotel has also a floor above the breakfast area for sightseeing and nice places to take pictures,I guess this is the area that tourists come to visit.

Hotel place is in middle Bangkok,Everybody knows,Easy access to downtown and all cabs know all shortcuts to the hotel.

If i visit Bangkok again i will definitely stay there and repeat this experience

Room Tip: Make sure you have a Panoramic View Room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

What a fantastic feeling we have when receiving such an excellent feedback and recommendation from you. Thank you very much.

If you had a wonderful experience as mentioned, please come back soon as we love to have the pleasure of seeing you as our regular guest!

Asst. Sales Manager (E-Commerce)

Write a ReviewReviews (5,063)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This place was an absolute dump! Seriously do not stay here. The building is not even 20 yrs old, but looks heavily dated. It seems they haven't done a lick of maintenance since the building opened. Free wifi is only available in the lobby or 400 baht for 1 device in your room. The hallways smelled. The room itself was basic and dated. My biggest issue with this hotel was that the bathroom was absolutely infested with roaches. I flipped on the light in the middle of the night and at least 10 scattered and this was the case both nights we stayed. For the price we paid, there are defintely better places that are cleaner and more modern in Bangkok. The building does allow you free access to the observation deck if you stay, but it's overrated. It is painted in the 1960's outterspace theme and looks terrible. The location of the hotel might suit some but not others. Its sorta in the middle of a run down neighborhood, but i liked it as the night market i thought was pretty cool. Overrall would never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, which allows us to see what we could have done better. Please allow us another chance to find out what really went wrong and make it right for you, we will make sure rectification is being taken urgently.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration you had experienced. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Hello.

We stayed in this hotel for about 5 days on Superior Suite in Sky Zone. It had really great views on all sides and this is one of the best things about this hotel. The location is more than perfect if you are planning to do lot of shopping as its located at the center of many major shopping malls etc.

If you stay in this hotel you would probably don't wanna miss the Bangkok Balcony restaurant and the Rooftop Bar, such lovely views, it probably feels like dining in the sky :)-

Other than these there's not much special about this hotel, staff was ok but I wouldn't call them friendly, hotel seems bit aged even though they have maintained it very well and looks very clean.

Tip: You have very poor 3GB coverage on higher flows in sky or space zones they only work well on lower flows.

Room Tip: Go for a Suite in sky or space zones if you love great sky views the down side is very poor 3G recep...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your nice feedback and great recommendation here on Tripadvisor. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit. And we have noted all of your comments for our management as we concerned to improve our services accordingly.

It was indeed a great pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again to Baiyoke Sky Hotel on your next trip to Bangkok.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Please don't stay here because all you'll get to experience is akin to a marketplace. Let me tell you why... First and foremost, it doesn't have a proper lobby. The ground floor is just like a marketplace where everyone jostles to board the elevator. Nobody cared to fall into line. Every man for himself. Secondly, upon arriving at the lobby (which was situated quite a few floors up), the place was pretty messed up akin to a chicken coop. Aunties and uncles (perhaps even grandpas and grandmas) were seen running after their offspring while the reception counter which handles check-ins were unmanned. Then comes the shocker. I stayed in the Presidential Suite close to the very top and behold, my cellphone went dead. I'm on my business trip and the last thing I wished was to experience total cellular failure. Just imagine this. Nobody would be able to contact me if there happened to be an urgent issue which needed me to attend to. Every thirty minutes or so, I'd to go down to "ground zero" and loiter for a while to catch any incoming text messages or calls. Then I'd to repeat the terrible process of returning to my suite. Hence, to those who wish not to be disturbed, this is the hotel which I'd strongly recommend you to stay. Otherwise, stay out...

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite is relatively cheap and large enough to cater for small groups of friends vis...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank DatoMaximusWong
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share comment late back in last May with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit. Please rest assured I have taken up all the points raise with our department concerned in order to improve our service standard accordingly.

We hope this will not deter you from using our service again and we look forward to opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights here and so much to do right in the hotel and surrounds. The fruit buffet was well worth it, and breakfast 5*. Used the train from the airport 40baht. Station is literally 150m from hotel, we arrived in the dark and didn't feel unsafe at all. Room and bathroom was clean spacious and not at all tired looking. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank AO4

Dear Guest,

What a fantastic feeling we have when receiving such an excellent feedback from you. Thank you very much.

We truly hope you will return soon as we love to have the pleasure of seeing you as our regular guests! See you very soon then!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We just arrived back from Bangkok after spending our honeymoon in Thailand.

We stayed at this hotel which was recommended by an employee at the Grand Centara beach resort Ao Nang.

The hotel is very impressive and situated quite well to venture out into Bangkok.

The hotel rooms are well furnished but in need of some modernisation and updating.

On the whole good value for what we paid and a good base for sightseeing.

Room Tip: Must have a head for heights to stay here !!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice feedback and great recommendation with us, which allow us to see what we could done it better as we concerned to improve our services.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had heard a lot of reviews about Baiyoke ( from good to worse). So I took my friend's advice and decided to include as part of my itinerary of my honeymoon ( He warned me about the hotel's looks from inside that it's pretty average) . Despite all this, I decided to give it a try being Thailand's tallest tower I expected how bad it could be ? Well my experience was really bad/ Impolite staff and below average & stinky rooms just ruined the second half of my honeymoon.I had chosen a room in Space zone but alas my view is crappy thanks to the advertising nets (Knowing we were there for honeymoon at least they could have offered us rooms with a better view). I would recommend, to buy a ticket to the observatory to experience its height and view and please stay in a different hotel if you looking for peace and good customer experience. For starters,I would suggest the hotel management to hire and train the staff about hospitality.

Room Tip: Please ask for a room without advertising nets especially if you are choosing a room in the Space zo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback dated back in January. I am terribly sorry to hear that the experience was rather disappointing to you, we will make sure rectification is being taken urgently.