“Terrible, rude, concierge” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible, rude, concierge”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three nights. The hotel is by no means 4 or 5 start standard. It's pretty basic and so is the service. I was directed to the concierge when I asked reception where the nearest metro station is as I wanted to go to the Lumphini Boxing Stadium. The concierge then tried to sell me a ringside seat for 3000 Bhat. When I said I don't need a ticket and only want to know where the metro station is he became aggressive and said I wouldn't be able to find it and should take a taxi for 200 Bhat that he would arrange. I explained that I am capable of finding my way around and only wanted to know where the metro station is as I didn't have a map. He became worse. As I started to walk off he said that if I go outside and do not find a taxi cheaper than his I cannot come back because he will not call a taxi for me. I was gobsmacked. This is an employee of this allegedly 4/5 star hotel. Having said that some of the staff were helpful. It's a shame that there is no consistency in the level of service.
ALSO THERE IS NO FREE WIFI. IT COSTS £2 HOUR EVENTHOUGH THEY ADVERTISE THAT THERE IS FREE WIFI.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank D-lou16

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kochi (Cochin), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel has got a 4 Star rating ,but the room decor is not even worth of a 1 star hotel. The switch board, shower handle everything is too old. Moreover the staff couldn't find such a rude staff in thailand anywhere.
Will never go back to this hotel and never recommend it.

Room Tip: select a room which is in the corner as the corridor is very conjusted and there will be lot disturb...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sumeshishere
Porbandar, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

It is just i do not know where to start from...Ok here it is...I would give hotel entrance 4 points out of 5 but apart from that everything is below 2 star deluxe class property. It does not look like very well organised hotel. Hotel staff, very rude. The House Keeping lady was the worst of all. They do not do room service after may be 12 Mid Night, So if you are hungry after that then choose other option outside hotel. I took a smoking room and it did not have ashtray. They have soups in menu and they were not available. My room door needed some work as if someone kicks it hard, it might break into 2 parts. I am not coming to this hotel anymore in this life time, after getting back to India, i conveyed same to my travel agent to never book me in this hotel. For those who read this review, i would recommend not to go in this property.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this property, That is my advise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sunnygohel
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Went with 2 friends. Though we stayed for one night. One of the worst hotel staff ever. Too rude. Personal Work comes 1st before handling customers. Keeps on asking for tips shamelessly!
Far away location from MBK and other shopping areas. I would recommend don't stay here. There are pretty good hotels with same price.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RomilMehta
Beer Sheva
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

The hotel is nice, not to close to the tourist action places, but it is easy to go everywhere in thailand so it wasn't importent for me.
the staff is helpful, the brackfast is regular, this is a 3 stars hotel with a 4 stars feeling.
I hed to change my dates of staing in the hotel and the staff offerd me to keep my lagej antil i retern. and they change my booking dates with no extra charge.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ofir I
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I think this hotel has great potential; nice building, and atmosphere. BUT, staff are unfriendly, inconsiderate, and downright MEAN!
Whenever we ask them a question, they always frown, and can't wait for me to stop a conversation.
When my wife asked a cashier for smaller denomination in coins, she got upset and placed coins on the counter in almost "pounding" fashion!
When I asked a "person with a tie" how to get to the Skyrail to the airport, he pointed outside the hotel, then said "50 Baht, 5 minute walk", without telling me how to get there!
With every hotel we stayed in Vietnam and Cambodia offering free wi-fi, I booked this hotel without checking closely! My mistake!
We had breakfast at the coffee shop, and it was not good! Scrambled eggs were almost drowning in liquid, French toast slices were too mushy, fried rice was just plain fried rice with hardly any meat and vegetable bits.
Worst of all, my wife have witnessed one of their " suit n tie" employee scooped some fresh fruit salad into a bowl, then he drained the liquid back into the main container!
I believe one of the reason the staff seemed unfriendly is due to them not too fluent in speaking other foreign languages. The staff gets upset and get frustrated at the foreigners because they can't communicate.
I believe, with the right upper management addressing above issues, can really turn this hotel around for the better!
Currently, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed January 2014
3 Thank GY B
Sanur, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Was staying here for 3 nights and regret it.

The positive things about this hotel:
1.) Reasonable price
2.) Great location
3.) Food in this hotel are reasonable price

The negative things about this hotel:
1.) Staff are hardly speak English
2.) Mediocre hotel service

Overall, the hotel have an excellent location, but I won`t returning back to that hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family