“Comfy option”

Ranked #70 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Comfy option”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This hotel is a splurge. Funny that it's more expensive than others in its class in the same area. I'm not sure why that's the case but it's really a great option in terms of location, service, amenities and the like. Staff are really wonderful even if they are really busy and they go out of their way to help. The room itself was quite big (deluxe) and it was really comfortable and well decorated. Breakfast is great with lots of options. Only thing is the price. Other competitive establishments are nearby for better prices and equal or better accommodation (Oriental Residence, Plaza Athenee, etc).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
GMConradbkk, General Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear C000g,

Thank you very much for providing us your gracious feedback on your recent stay with us and sharing your kind compliments for our team.

Until next time, Vincent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 20 May 2012

The hotels in Bangkok are known for their fantastic interior decor and very large rooms. The Conrad Hotels (a Hilton Chain) is summarized in one word - impeccable. From the ambience of the rooms, to the food, to the services in the hotel, to the excellent concierge and staff, I am truly amazed at the overall feeling of being at home away from home this hotel is.
I loved the BMW limo service to and from the hotel.
A fair warning though is that while the hotel is well known by our standards, this seems to be unknown among the local taxi drivers. So you will always need to get a card from the hotel (written in Thai) and show it to the taxi drivers on your way back from wherever you are coming from. And while the Conrad or the Thais working at the Conrad may be deliriously nice, the cab drivers are highway robbers as many of them refuse to bring down the meter and in the middle of the rain, you'd need to bargain with them to get you from point A back to the Conrad at a horrendous price.
If you're looking for a place that's tucked in a secure area, well, this is it. It's right at the back of the whole row of embassies. Unfortunately, you will need to get either a cab or take the shuttle if you want to go anywhere else in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Any room would be perfect!
Dear Kid_at_heart17,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us and I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Wishing to welcome you back again soon!

With kind regards - Vincent
New York
Reviewed 20 May 2012

supremely comfortable bedding. amazing views from dated rooms. food better in the "common area" than executive lounge. amenities were plentiful, but service was sub-Conrad standards and noticeably bad for thailand.

colleagues reported better experiences at the plaza athenee down the street.

Dear Boojie,

Thank you for providing us your helpful feedback and I will certainly review with my team for our improvement.

With kind regards, Vincent
Singapore
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Having traveled recently to the Conrad on a business trip, I found the experience somewhat of a let down. One of the key factors on my trips is a seamless service experience and while the Conrad was adequate in this regard, they did not go above and beyond like many of their peers. For instance, while booking a car for a meeting the next day, after asking for one at initial check-in, I had to call the concierge 3 additional times before my car was confirmed. At each call, there was no record of my previous attempts to secure transportation. While everything worked out in the end, this level of service was not as seamless as I had expected it to be, especially relative to Conrad's peer hotels.

That being said, the facilities in the hotel were more than adequate and the rooms were of a decent size. The hotel is beginning to show its age but the room and the facilities were more than adequate.

The experience may be somewhat different for a holiday traveler but given a choice, I would likely choose a different hotel for my next business trip.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear TheManT,

Thank you very much for providing us your comments and constructive feedback, I have shared this with my team for our immediate improvement and hope you may consider us again in the future.

Warmest regards – Vincent
warks
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed 2 nights in May Exec Room.TGhe welcome at reception was bordering on down right rude. Interestingly enough when the receptionist realized we had reserved an exec room she suddenly changed her demeanor. This just reflects poor training and hospitality. Somehow this didn't just feel like she was having a bad day at the office!!. We normally stay at The Dusit which was full at the time of booking and opted for the Conrad as it was close to Lumphini Park, a great spot for early morning and early evening walks. The Conrad is a 15 minute stroll from the park. The room was fine but pretty standard chain hotel design. Club Lounge average while the club breakfast was poor with slow service and cold food. The second morning we opted for the coffee shop breakfast which was much better. Dinner in the Coffee Shop was poor and totally lacking in supervision, it seemed at one stage that the chefs were more concerned with messing around with the restaurant staff.

We found it very difficult to get cabs as gthe entrance is off Wireless Road. The door staff had little grasp of English and had difficulty in understanding where we wanted to go. I appreciate that I speak no Thai however I would expect a five star hotel doorman to have a better knowledge of his own town.

Bar service was excellent and the only redeeming element of a dismal 2 night stay. If you want a touch of Thai influence in you Bangkok address give gthis place a wide berth as it does not have a crumb of Thai design and sports the most gloomy lobby I have ever seen

Room Tip: This is fine if you want to feel that you havn't left home.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gluggie
Dear gluggie,

Thank you for providing us your helpful feedback and I do apologize to read the challenges you encountered in our hotel during your stay with us. Please know I have shared with my team for our improvement.

Kindest regards - Vincent
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

This hotel was great. Our flight got in late so we used the hotel airport pickup and that was perfect - it was sweltering hot and to be whisked into the a/c limo with cold bottled water was worth the cost. All staff were friendly and helpful in every way. Great bar food too. I would happily re-book here.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Julzanne,

We appreciate your kind compliments during your stay with us.

Warmest regards and until next time, Vincent
Perrine, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2012

After staying at the Shangri-La on a recent trip to BKK, I moved to the Conrad for a business meeting. The Shangri-La is better but by degrees. The Conrad is better located to shopping and some of the more fun nightlife attractions of Bangkok. The room was nicely sized and the breakfast is good with a lot of variety. The lobby is a little dark which to me always made the place feel cavernous but this is just nitpicking. The pool and gym are nice and the club sandwich I ordered for room service was probably the best club sandwich I ever ate. If I return to BKK it will be a real toss-up between booking the Shangri-La or heading to the Conrad.