“Conrad - excellent, but slipping”

Conrad Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #71 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
Oslo, Norway
“Conrad - excellent, but slipping”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Second time at Conrad Bangkok. First time in april 2010. First time brilliant during our extended stay during the volcano eruption in Iceland. Excellent suite on 28 floor with terrace. Breakfast excellent. Service good but declining. First time - no comlaints - none, enjoyed every minute. This time - less attentative staff. Quality of ex lounge going down, e.g. children, slippers, shorts etc. Staff not taking off shoes before entering room. Pool area and gym excellent. The breakfast downstairs excellent - if you don't find it, it doesn't exist Door staff unattentative - especially compared to first time. Will maybe stay again, but will compare prices with Mariott, ShangriLa, Mandarin etc. Location good though - right side of the river, and walking and taxi distances to most places.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
GMConradbkk, General Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Dear PerRJOslo,

I do appreciate your comments on your stay with us, and apologize to read your experience with my team. I will certainly share with them for our improvement and hoping to have another chance to welcome you back in the very near future.

Kind regards- Vincent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times this year and I find each stay that little bit less impressive. As a diamond member stayed on the executive floor and found the lounge very busy and a number of times after being settled at a table by the lounge hostess and taking our drinks order we have come back to our table to find new guests had been put there by the same hostess! The breakfast buffet was a liitle average this time. Hotel pickup wd outrageous and recommend taxi at a quarter of the price. Might try the Westin on next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Perthguy6,

Thank you for providing us your helpful feedback and regret to hear the experiences you have had at our Executive Floor Lounge. I have since addressed with my team and hoping you will reconsider us again when traveling to Bangkok.

Warmest regards and until next time, Vincent
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The Conrad is a great hotel and is located just a few minutes walk from the hustle and bustle of the Nana district. The customer service is outstanding, and the executive lounge is pretty good as well. The doorman remembered our names each time we came back to the hotel as did the bar staff in the lobby bar.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear DerekW,

Thank you for sharing your very kind review of our property, we are pleased that your stay was a memorable one and hoping to see you again soon.

Kind regards – Vincent
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I have always been very impressed with services in Bangkok's hotels. They have set the bar very high. I am delighted to experience great services in Conrad Hotel Bangkok during my stay. My team of 3 guys were there to conduct a workshop for a client.

Being a foreigners, our first task upon arriving at the hotel was to seek advise on some of the outdoor teambuilding activities that we were planning to conduct. It was nice to be able to meet their Banquet Sales Staff to bounce off ideas and I am indeed impressed by her local knowledge of Bangkok and prompt advice. I was surprised when she asked: "If it rains, and you have to conduct it indoor, what will you do and how can I help meet your need?" I have not encountered any hotel staff worried for us in this matter and I must applaud her for that. (It is a gross disservice to her that I did not have her name-card.)

The 2 night stay was pleasant. Our room was very well maintained and neat. It have been a very comfortable stay with very cosy layout. The hotel is within walking distance to the BTS. If you missed the bus service to the BTS, it will be faster if you walk there as bus service only come once every 15 minutes.

The only issue I have is the need to purchase 2 wireless ID. I had one for my room and have to purchase another one to be used in the conference room.

Otherwise, this is a great and convenience place to stay in. Fantastic ballroom to conduct training.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2012

this hotel is in a great location. again away from the hustle and bustle. in the embassy area. so very safe and secure. the staff are always friendly and it is a few minutes walk from the ploen chit bts skyrail station. so very easy to get around on the skytrain from here.

Room Tip: choose an executive floor room. and the exec lounge offerings and staff are great.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Montreal
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Just finished a 3-night stay on the Executive Suite level (26th floor), thanks to my HHonors membership. Honestly, I can't find a single fault with the service, amenities, or food. Everyone was friendly, top to bottom, and things were classy and nice without being ostentatious. Thailand is unparalleled when it comes to customer service, so I should not be surprised. I enjoyed the spacious gym, admired the huge and lovely pool, and appreciated the ample and tasty breakfast in the 29th story executive lounge. Honestly, though, this would be a great place to stay no matter what floor of the hotel you choose.

The bed was a double-wide king size bed, with 4 huge pillows. There were other types of pillows available. The a/c was quiet. The bathroom was spacious with both a tub and shower, and the shampoos, etc. were good quality and always restocked. I had complementary fruits in my room every day.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Another great stay here in fact two stays so far this trip with another when I get back to Bangkok in a weeks time.
Lounge staff impeccable as usual the staff at this hotel really make it special.
Rooms were upgraded corner executive suites, very nice and the most comfortable beds and bedding I have ever slept in.

• Stayed July 2012