“One night in Bangkok”

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Location excellent.
Rooms very comfortable.
Pool, spa - super
Hotel lobby etc needs to be re done
looking old.
Break fast was average.
They have VCRs in the room but no movies to lend ( remember to bring your own )
No movie channel. limited satellite TV channels.
Room service - beautifully presented.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sykapur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Seattle WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

The location and property can't be beat. Close to the skytrain and business park. The staff are very attentive and helpful to get you almost anywhere and know just about any attraction in the area. Exercise rooms, executive floor, pool, and other amenities are top notch. View from the room excellent!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Stiv_Wa
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Beautiful hotel in Bangkok. Nearby there is a lovely bar and massage place just around the corner - both perfect for drinks and relax after a hard day in Bangkok. Hotel is very luxuriously appointed and close-by to MTR. Hiltons honors status recognised and we were treated like royalty. Pool area is not the best positioned for sunbathing and it is quite small for a hotel such as this. Rooms to high conrad standards and we left saying we will return. Very different to Hilton in Bangkok, more a luxurious feel and in some way more business like at the same time. Lovely executive lounge and breakfast has a fantastic selection. Cocktails are brilliant! Extremely friendly staff and helpful to plan trips, etc.

I would go back again in a heartbeat. However only 4 stars due to pool area.........

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Taipei
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

We stay here for 3 nights with our two young kids. We got upgraded to a corner room which is very spacy and comfy. The bathroom is quite luxury, with a big bathtub and the view of Bangkok. The color of marble used in the bathroom is very favorable. We got an extra bed and even so, we don't feel crowded in the room. The walk in closet is great.
Breakfast is good with fresh fruits and quite a lot options. The restaurant is not very big but thanks to the size of the hotel, it is not very crowded during our stay.
I like the swimming pool the most since it gave us tropical atmosphere in the city center. The floating bed is free to use and it's really fun. People are not too much in the pool area maybe because it is more a business hotel. But it is even better for tourists since it offers a quiet and more relaxed atmosphere. The only small cons is the distance to sky train station. We have to walk about 20mins to the hotel. Even the hotel offers shuttles frequently, you don't want to wait under the sun when you walk whole day and come back from sky train station. Except this, this is just perfect place to stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

Our stopover here was very comfortable. The hotel offers a full servıce to guests and we found the rooms quıte comfortable.
Plenty of restaurants and shops nearby.
The beds are good and the daıly maıd servıce was relıable.Also the receptıon staff are good.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

I recently stayed at the Conrad Bangkok (August 17-20). Check in was the most professional and expediant I have ever experienced. There was no desk check in. The hotel rep escorted us to our room to see if it met our approval and once confirmed, we signed the check in form and were done.
The room was in the category of Executive Junior Suite corner location (recommend). The room was large, business functional with a very large bathroom (separate shower and large tub). The business lounge was exceptional with well prepared food and a generous choice of beverages.
The Staff: This hotel does it right. Every person we had contact with was professional, polite and could not do enough to make our stay a delight.
Location: This hotel is a short walk to Bangkok Central area and the always available cabs were there to take us to more distant locals.
Overall opinion: This is the hotel to stay at while in Bangkok for business or pleasure.
Frank Shea fshea@alphagp.com

Room Tip: Recommend a corner room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

I only stayed one night at the Conrad, and I used Hilton HHonors points. I had been torn between staying at the Milllenium Hilton and the Conrad Bangkok, so I split my three nights in Bangkok (two at the Hilton and one at the Conrad) to see both properties and have convenient access to different areas in Bangkok. Overall, although there were aspects of this hotel that I preferred to the Hilton, the delay with the check-in (see below) and a couple of other things were a little disappointing for a Conrad property in Asia.

Check-in, check-out, service: I arrived at the Conrad about an hour before check-in time. Given my Hilton HHonors Diamond status, I was escorted to the Executive Lounge, where I was informed that there would be a short wait while they finished getting my room ready. I was offered something to drink and seated at a table. A short time later, one of the staff members came over to do the paperwork and told me my room would be ready shortly. I did some reading and stuff on my laptop but started to get impatient after an hour when no one had come back to check me in. I approached the staff about 15 minutes later, and there seemed to be some confusion, and it still was another 30 minutes or longer before I was given my room, Ultimately, this wasted about 2.5 hours of my time and frustrated me, because I would have preferred that they be upfront with me when I arrived about what time I would be able to check in, so I could have had them store my luggage and gone out instead of sitting in the lounge that long. Other than the check-in experience, service and check-out were fine.

Room: I had a deluxe corner king room on one of the Executive floors, and it was a pretty nice. This room had more local influence in the design than other Conrads, although the bathroom was the more typical Conrad modern style. The room was fine for me, but not overly large. The bath products were not the Acca Kappa products that other Conrads (Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong) had.

Dining: I only had food in the executive lounge (evening drinks and appetizers, light breakfast). I got to the lounge towards the end of the evening appetizer period, and although some items were gone or sparse, they did continue to bring out some food. I don’t remember the food besides a satay, so I would guess it was average or below for a Conrad lounge. I do recall a lack of good desserts, which I have enjoyed in other lounges. I only wanted a light breakfast at the lounge on the morning of my departure, so I didn't try most of the offerings.

Hotel amenities: Given the limited time I was at the hotel, I did not have an opportunity to experience much of its amenities. I did look at the gym (checking it out for a possible future visit). During the time I was there, the gym was set up in a temporary location since they were renovating the regular room, but I did see the equipment (and staff member confirmed the same equipment would be in the new room), and found it to be on the old and low-end side for a Conrad.

Location: Given the short amount of time I spent in Bangkok, the location seemed convenient. The Conrad was a short walk to the skytrain (or the hotel had a shuttle), and there was a small shopping mall connected to the hotel and other shopping, dining, etc. nearby.

If I can answer any questions, please send me a PM.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Beachdreams2
GMConradbkk, General Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Dear Beachdream2,

Thank you for providing us your helpful feedback and I do apologize to read the challenges you encountered with our service during the check-in. All other areas have been noted and shared with my team for our improvement.

Looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Warmest regards, Vincent