“Great luxury value in Bangkok”

Conrad Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #63 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Miami, Florida
“Great luxury value in Bangkok”
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. Hotel is reasonably priced compared to some hotel on the river. It is really luxurious. Rooms were clean and beautiful. We took taxis or the train to visit all of the temples and tourist spots in town. Great price for good location.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
GMConradbkk, General Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Conrad Bangkok as the hotel of choice and for having taking time to share your feedback in Trip Advisor relating to your recent stay at Conrad Bangkok, Thailand.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the location and features of our hotel. It is such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Bangkok, safe travel.

Harald Feurstein

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I can't say enough good things about our stay at The Conrad, the room was gorgeous, the atmosphere was lovely...

Some reviews single out the lounge, yes the staff were a little slow at serving coffee etc... but we didn't mind - it had so many nice snacks and food on offer, one of my favourite lounges anywhere.

I didn't think the hotel location was amazing, in fact this is the only reason I would stay somewhere else. It is near a lot of embaseys, which is nice but they close at night time meaning the area is dead - very very quiet... and its far from most fun things, so you will need to get a taxi to go anywhere, and trust me, You'll want to take as few taxis as possible, we had some awful scary encounters with the local taxis, we tried to walk or get the train where possible... If I was coming again I would avoid the taxis or stay somewhere a little more central to the nightlife and shopping so I would not need to rely on the crazy drivers, but if the tourist spots don't interest you then stay at the Conrad, its a great hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Conrad Bangkok as the hotel of choice and for having taking time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor relating to your recent stay.

We are delighted to read your comments and to note that you enjoyed the room atmosphere, Executive Floor lounge. And we are very sorry to hear about you unfortunate experience with local taxis.

It has indeed been our privilege to serve you and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Bangkok.

With kind regards,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Had a very good stay at the hotel . Very convenient location and heart of city close to MRT and shopping district .Rooms big with spacious bathroom .

Very helpful and friendly staff to guide you .

Wish to come back again .

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Conrad Bangkok as the hotel of choice for your recent stay and for having taken the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We are delighted to read your comments and that you enjoyed the features of our hotel, guest room & bathroom and the service & helpfulness provided by our team members. We do hope to see you return soon as we look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Bangkok, safe travel.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Shuttle to closest sky train station every 15 min during day. Easy taxi access and 5 min walk to US Embassy. Staff always friendly and hotel I s connected to a mall that has Starbucks and a grocery store. No microwave in room. Bed was very comfortable. I was on 23rd floor and the. Iew was very urban, great sun rises. Gym is clean and has adequate cardio. Pool area tropical, clean and nice place for outside escape.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that the location, guest rooms, gym, our pool and the service provided by our Team Members made your stay a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. It is such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and you may rest assured that we will most certainly strive to maintain if not further improve upon our standards.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Conrad Bangkok soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this property for 2 nights on a recent trip to Asia with the family. Check in was friendly and efficient. We were escorted up to the Executive Lounge to complete check in (being a Gold Honors member) to which the kids were very suitably impressed.

We were very well taken care of during the check in process, offered seating and drinks while we were waiting for the process to be completed.

We were also fortunate to be upgraded on both stays (separate 1 night stays). Rooms were large and well appointed, with nice views over Bangkok. On both occasions we had room service for our meals due to the late arrival and early planned departure the next morning.

Breakfast boxes provided on leaving the hotel.

All in all a great experience. My wife is still hounding me to find out what the fragrance is that was evident in the hotel lobby (same as toiletries), so if someone who is from the hotel reads this review and could answer that for me, it would be most appreciated.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Conrad Bangkok as the hotel of choice for your recent stay. We also thank you for having taken the time to share your views of your recent stay at our hotel.

We are delighted to read that you were pleased with the features and services provided at our hotel. Specifically your detailed observations with regard to check in process, Executive Floor Lounge, Guest room and overall experience . It is such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

With reference to the fragrance we use at our hotel lobby, it is known as “white tea scent”

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel again.

Kind Regards,
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4nts in the hotel (upgraded to as suite, which was great) and then 3 nts in the residences.

Hotel was fine, although you did have to walk 10mins to get to the MTR and there was a small mall underneath for food, books. Etc.

Rooms were functional in the hotel, but they do need to spend a little money on the residence rooms. They were all fine, but just didn't have the usual Conrad standard.

Pool was nice, but due to all the high rises in the area only got the sun till midday, then from 2-3. So you had all these people moving beds to get some sun.

Exec room staff were fine, with Rice and Lynn being the exception. They were fantastic and really tried to please. The ladies in 'charge' just seemed a tad indifferent to you.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Huskyrides
GMConradbkk, General Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to read that you were overall enjoyed staying with us. We also do take note of your added feedback much appreciated.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Bangkok very soon.

Kuwait, Al Kuwayt, Kuwait
Reviewed 13 March 2013

My wife had a conference in this hotel last wk and my daughter and I joined her. We stayed 8 nights. Nice hotel, good lobby if a bit dark. The pool area is grand and the gym very nice and bright. However:

Wi-fi in the room is not free but was bundled in the conf package. Most of the time, the signal was very poor in the room, I had to do my daily work emails on my iPhone, standing next to the lift!
The lift area itself is hot, seems that air con is not on there...
I paid for all known extras upfront. Upon check out, the PAID bill was invoiced to me again for ... payment!!?? I corrected the clueless officer and the double bill was promptly cancelled without even an apology.
There is a timely shuttle to the sky train station (3 per hour) but the Four Seasons is next to a station, so it is much more convenient
I left my swimsuit in the gym shower. Two days later, when I checked, the lady at the spa reception told me there was no record. I knew I had left it there. I waited for another person for 30 min and checked again: all was recorded in the same log book and my swim suit was promptly given back to me!
The breakfast area is small and stuffy with ... a sort of dance music playing. Not what you want when your head is heavy in the morning. It just adds to the busy breakfast noise. The staff are very sweet though.
My daughter asked for a hot chocolate twice from the buffet breakfast over the wk we were there. Normal that an 8 yr old does not dring tea or coffee, right? This was promptly billed to me at check out, ouch! Around 7 dollars each, yet I paid extra for my daugher's breakfast as the 3rd person (bfast is for 2 only per room, understandable). Yet no one told me that the hot chocolate would be billed as extra for a ... buffet bfast.

Very nice room, great views, great shower. The staff are very polite as per Thai culture. Yet some are a bit clueless. Is it the English? i don't know. However, one of them, a Nigerian named Uche, is a real star. A gem. Never met somebody like that in a hotel. His behaviour is more like a personal butler. When my ipad and iPhone did not work the first day, he called IT and also came with IT to the room (from reception) to make sure things worked. When he observed that I was being double billed at check out and I lost 30 min before going to the airport with the taxi waiting, he followed us to the taxi and offered an upgrade for the next visit. A nice and thoughtful touch.

Summary - a very good and comfortable hotel but the experience is a bit disappointing due to some minor but almost daily irritations.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FouadDiouman
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Greetings and thank you for having chosen Conrad Bangkok as the hotel of choice and for having taking time to share your feedback in Trip Advisor relating to your recent stay at Conrad Bangkok, Thailand.

We are sorry to hear that your experience at our hotel did not entirely meet your expectations. We thank you for your objective comments, which will help us in our quest to constantly improve so that all our valued guests will experience the best possible standards of product and service at our hotel.

We are delighted to read that you were pleased with the professional, friendly and helpful service provided by Khun Uche, our Duty Manager, which will go a long way in motivating all of us further as we always strive to exceed guest expectations.

We do hope to see you and your family return as we look forward to welcoming you back as our valued guests to Conrad Bangkok.