“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #63 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Arrived in Bangkok at 4pm. Made the mistake of taking the Airport Link train and the BTS Skytrain to get to Phloen Chit station, where the hotel was a 5 minute walk from the station. Mental note: Not to be done during rush hour. Because it is crazy. Nonetheless, not the hotel's fault.

---- rant over -----

Booked a points & money reward - for 16000 points and approximately US$70 for a night in a Classic King room, staying there is a pretty good deal. Especially for a Conrad. Was upgraded to an Executive King room as a Gold member, which was very much appreciated. On arrival in a bedraggled state from lugging my bags everywhere trying to find the Conrad, was escorted up to the 29th floor Executive Lounge to check in. Had some canapes and water to cool myself down - it really isn't fun running around in Southeast Asian humidity.

Given a room on the 30th floor, which had great views. The hotel is pretty near MBK as well, just a BTS ride away, so I went off to shop... And came back with whatever I needed.

The shower and the separate bathtub were lovely, as was the Conrad rubber elephant (though I never did try out the bath!) Extra complimentary toiletries (requested before check-in) were provided.

Breakfast was served the next morning in the Executive Lounge. Very filling, and very good. The staff also arranged a taxi for me to get to the airport (400 THB flat fare) upon checkout.

All in all, would want to return back to the Conrad if I'm going to be in Bangkok again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
StephenG G, Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Season’s Greetings and thank you for having chosen Conrad Bangkok as the hotel of choice for your recent stay and for taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

It is good to hear that you found our hotel to be of an excellent quality. In particular we are very glad that you enjoyed the room and executive lounge.

May I take this opportunity to wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season and all the very best for 2014.

Stephen Gould
Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Would definitely be happy to stay here again when in Bangkok. One of the better value 5* hotels in Bangkok, with a lovely club lounge. Of course there are so many 5*'s in Bangkok at prices low compared to Europe, so one is quite spoilt for choice and value at this price point.

Best to choose your stay area before the hotel. Conrad is a great hotel in an excellent tourist location and is value for money. (I discounted Millennium Hilton as no where central enough)
Can recommend paying extra to receive Exec Room, giving Conrad Club Lounge access. Lounge is worth the extra, especially if two persons in room.

Needed a 1night stay Sukhumvit area and chose Conrad as I have Hilton Honours Gold elite status hoping for a nice upgrade. Pleasant staff, easy checkin/checkout, and as HH Gold upgraded to Exec Club with Lounge access, and as HH Gold allowed second floor restaurant breakfast.

Nice room, on high floor 22 of 28. Plenty of lighting and plug sockets to work. Usual business room, desk/chair/internet-wifi, sofa, small table, armchair, King Bed with night reading lamps. Plenty of wardrobe and drawer space, along with big laptop safe.

Nothing outstanding room-wise, similar size, furnishings and just on par with competitor chain hotel rooms, room is adequate overall. It is the associated Conrad Lounge Access and Standard of Lounge offering that gives this Conrad stay the plus feel on my stay for me.

Wall mounted medium size (32" ? ) flatscreen TV. OK channel selection, including some movies, eg Fox Movie Channel, but not as good a selection as some other Bangkok hotels I have tried. None of the Bangkok hotels include sports channels needed to watch European Football club leagues, one needs go out to local beer bars for eg UK PremierShip football on Saturday nights.

Bathroom had separate shower and bath, and interestingly glass wall to bedroom, with electric powered curtain if privacy needed.

Nice lounge -
on higher floor, views restricted by other high rises though. Pleaseant and plentiful nibbles in evening 1800-2000 with drinks (Beer, Wine etc). Lounge Breakfast also 0600-1030 (1100 weekends) was more than adequate, although as HH Gold I looked at 2nd Floor restaurant despite just being a coffee+toast person. Definitely a nicer cup of coffee in Lounge, and very attentive nice lounge staff and lovely muffin cakes for breakfast in lieu of my usual toast.

Location -
Not quite so convenient as some others as not directly accessible to Sukhumvit road, a 10minute walk away, and no adjacent malls. That said always warm to walk , outside of rainy seasons, and taxi's are cheap too compared to Europe/USA.

Overall Rating -
I feel mean only rating 4/5 overall, but have several other 5* Bangkok stays I can compare experiences with. The Conrad staff are definitely worth a 5 rating, as was my treatment.
I just need to differentiate from similar priced 5* stays that were just where hotels/rooms were just a little bit better in very small ways. Conrad is worth 4.5/5 mark but I can't mark in halves.

Room Tip: Not sure - Choose Exec Club - I had high room overlooking pool BUT was overlooked by high rise 10m...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
GMConradbkk, General Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Season’s Greetings and thank you for having chosen Conrad Bangkok as the hotel of choice for your recent stay. We also thank you for having taken the time to share your views and detailed observation of your recent stay at our hotel.

We are delighted to read that you were pleased with the features of our hotel, executive Floor Lounge, room layout and service provided by our team members. Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

May I take this opportunity wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season and all the very best for 2014.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

It's difficult not to be blown away by this hotel. We only had one night prior to a flight but the service was wonderful, the room beautiful, and the dining exquisite. I would certainly recommend this property to anyone looking to stay in Bangkok. My first 5 star review!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very glad that you found the room and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Larkspur, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Great experience at a reasonable price! Staff was uniformly welcoming and pleasant! Look forward to my next stay! Since I have to be more verbose, here are some additional potentially familiar statements: Great experience at a reasonable price! Staff was uniformly welcoming and pleasant! Look forward to my next stay! Great experience at a reasonable price! Staff was uniformly welcoming and pleasant! Look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

GMConradbkk, General Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Seasons’s Greetings from Conrad Bangkok. Thank you having chosen Conrad Bangkok as the hotel of choice for your recent stay and for taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We are truly delighted to read your comments and to note that you enjoyed your stay and the especially service provided by our team members. We do look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Bangkok soon.

May we take this opportunity to wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season and all the very best for 2014.

bangkok
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Hotel's location is good near BTS station just 10 min. walk. Room is convenient but look old, amenities not good below 5 star hotel standard. Buffet breakfast was okay. The hotel have good
Japanese restaurant, good quality and value prices. Gym very old specially equipment.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMConradbkk, General Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Season’s Greetings and thank you for having chosen Conrad Bangkok as the hotel of choice and for having taking time to share your feedback in Trip Advisor relating to your recent stay at Conrad Bangkok, Thailand.

We are happy to know that you did enjoy the location of our hotel and the food and beverage offering available. At the same time we are sorry to learn that you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay, most notably our range of guest amenities, which are indeed by Aromatherapy Associates and the same range in in place at all our Conrad Hotels and Resorts worldwide. In addition, the optional ranges of Shanghai Tang and Tara Smith are available upon request and we certainly hope that you might take advantage of either during your next stay with us or indeed any of our hotels.

With this in mind we once again thank you for your feedback and we most certainly do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel as our valued guest in the future.

May we I take this opportunity wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season and all the very best for 2014.

Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

This was the first time my company had made reservations at the hotel so my groups visit was a "trial". It has the standard Hilton amenities which was welcoming and comforting. However a few faux paus made my rating average. Our group of 8's rate included lounge access. Normal. Disappointment came when a local representative of my company that lives at JW came to meet us our first night out in the lounge. When he tried to order a beer he was told he would have to pay a fee for a beer that this was policy. There is too much competition in the immediate vicinity Marriott, intercontinental, hyatt, etc. to hassle a guest for payment of a single beer in a lounge when he brought business of 8 people varying from 6-9 nights. Traveling as much as I do for my firm this comes into play when our representatives book lodging. More importantly we were looking into renting out the residences for 60-90 days for a few personnel next year.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
StephenG G, Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is disappointing to read that you had some ups and downs during your time with us. Whilst I can understand your point about seeing the bigger picture when it comes to the cost of one beverage at our executive lounge, I hope you can understand that our team members were simply following the guidelines. At the same time, I regret not meeting you or your group members earlier, where I could have perhaps extended more courtesies in line with your support for our property. With that in mind, please feel free to reach out to me on the details provided below in order to discuss your future accommodation needs, including those at the Conrad Residences. It would be my pleasure to act as your personal hotel contact.

Stephen Gould
Director of Operations

E: Stephen.J.Gould@Conradhotels.com
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Great hotel! It is modern, clean, convenient, great location and staffs were wonderful!

Modern - rooms and amenities are new and clean
Location - you can walk to the Phloen Chit BTS (10 minutes) or there is a shuttle bus that takes you there every 30 minutes (15 minutes during peak hours)
All Season - it is a mall connected to the hotel. there is a Tops Supermarket where you can buy water, snacks, etc. There are also restaurants and food court there. I ate lunch for 50 baht (less than $2).
Breakfast - they have both good Western and Asian selections (everyday there was something new)
Executive Lounge - i was upgraded to an executive floor and went to the lounge from some snacks. i asked for an orange juice and it was fresh squeezed!
Gym and pool - they have actually a real gym unlike most hotels where there are only a few equipments and the pool is huge!
Staff - they were all friendly and nice. i left some tips in the room and they didn't take it. i asked the housekeeping lady why... she said she thought i forgot the money.

The service of the hotel was wonderful. I arrive on a 5 a.m. flight. As soon as I got to the hotel Uche (the Manager) took me to my room. He provided my keys and the check-in was done in my room.. it took less than 5 minutes. This is the first time that I didn't have to check-in at the lobby. It was a nice touch after a long red-eye flight.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Season’s Greetings and thank you for having chosen Conrad Bangkok as the hotel of choice and for having taking time to share your detailed feedback in Trip Advisor relating to your recent stay at Conrad Bangkok, Thailand.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that the location, guest room amenities, executive floor lounge, gym, pool, services provided by our Team Members and specifically Khun Uche our Duty Manager, have all contributed to making your stay a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. It is such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Bangkok soon.

With kind regards,