Conrad Bangkok Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
AETAS bangkok(Bangkok)
  • Pool
3,440 results
All reviewsthe executive loungediplomat barseasons placediamond membershuttle buswireless roada small shopping mallcorner roomevening cocktailslounge accessglass wallpillow menuexcellent hotelrain showerfitness centeran upgradenearest bts station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stepping in to Conrad Bangkok was a pleasure. Lots of staff opening doors and followed me to check in. My reservation was immediately recognized and I was informed that since I was HH gold they had upgraded me and my check in would take place in the Executive lounge. The front desk gentleman was escorting med up to the lounge at 29 floor. I was offered a seat and something to drink when the staff checked me in. As Thai airways had lost my bags, the asked for a copy of the lost bags message so they could follow it up for me.

I was then escorted to my executive room on the 28th floor. Big nice room with a great view over the city. Welcome gift at the room, in order of water bottles, fruits and a nice macaron. I also got a long letter from the executive lounge manager informing me about my advantages as HH gold and guest at the executive floor. Very nice. The bed was big and there was a pillow menu available. The bed was a little to hard for me. The internet connection was some of the best I have seen in Asia with 7-8 mb download. There was nice bathroom amenities and both shower and bathtub. There was a glass wall between room and bathroom. Air con was working very nicely and it didn't turn off when I left the room. So it was always very nice to come into a room with the right temperature. A true 5 star hotel!

As I lost my bags and the temperature outside was at 40 celcius, I luckily had an extra t-shirt in my handbag. So my shirt, I sent to express laundry. 2 hours later it came back. And to same price as ordinary laundry. Nice.

Just after I got to my room, the phone rang, and I was informed that the hotel contacted Thai and was informed that my bags would arrive late tonite. As I went out that evening, I later found out that a letter was delivered to my room at 2100 hours telling me that my bags would be delivered before midnight. And when I returned at 0030 hours, I was met by the night manager telling me that my bags was delivered to my room. (How did he know who I was?? - Impressive)

Skiped breakfast, but I was offered free breakfast in the lounge. They also offered a afternoon tea with pastries and snacks, and from 1800-2000 there was a buffet and free drinks/cocktails. I enjoyed some snacks there and a few glasses of Prosecco.

The pool area was great even though it was hot, there was some wind coming in between the buildings that made it bearable. Big nice pool and towels and nice pool beds available. Service from the pool bar/ restaurant was a bit slow as I had to walk up to the bar to order something. I would have expected the staff to come around to the guests.

There was 3 restaurants at the hotel I didn't try. Had a glass in the Diplomat bar. Comparing to prices in Europe its cheap. Comparing to prices on other bars in Bangkok its a bit higher. The minus with most hotels in Thailand is that prices offered in menus is without 7% tax and 10% service charge. I would preferred the menu to present the real prices.

On the day of checkout I was granted late check-out at 16:00. As my flight didn't leave before midnight, I was offered that the hotel could store my bags and I was free to use all the hotel facility in the meantime. So I went out and came back later, and had a shower in the gym before booking the hotel car (BMW 730 IL) to the airport. But before I left, I was asking for a shoeshine machine. I was told to wait a bit while they was checking. And only a few minutes later a member of staff came over and took my shoes and did a nice shine. Very nice service. The Japanese gentleman at the front desk that met me on my arrival approached me several times during my stay when I passed trough the lobby area asking me if there was anything they could do for me, and he also arranged the shoeshine service, car service and kept me company during the shoeshine procedure. Very service minded gentleman that is my candidate for employee of the year!

My only complaint must be that I could not stay longer!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ErlingSt
StephenG G, Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for staying at Conrad Bangkok. We are grateful for your valuable feedback.

Your review is very enjoyable reading for our hotel team members and thank you for your kind praise. Our goal is to provide every guest the Luxury of Being Yourself and it is clear that we have achieved this during your recent stay. We take note of your specific praise for Hiroki, our Japanese Guest Relations Officer, and we will be sure to recognize his extra efforts accordingly.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Attended at conference held at the hotel. Good evening entertainment on ground floor. Service was lovely - both check in and check out. We had lunch at the Japanese restaurant. Lovely food. You are spoilt for choice at the buffet lunch at the main restaurant. I found myself going back for dinner twice during my stay - I had the grilled salmon. Superb. Hotel connected to a mall - All Seasons Place Retail Center. It's linked to a high rise office block and private residences. I can't think of anything to really complain about.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank kkn889

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the very positive review here on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you managed to be relaxed whilst working at Conrad Bangkok.

We are very pleased to read about your excellent stay and thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Your kind comments about our service in the Japanese Restaurant are all well received.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I regret to say that the service manners at the executive lounge getting even worth than my last visit. I have stayed quite many times before and have spent longer time at the lounge each time. The quality of service manners seem getting worth and worth each time. Especially this time, I felt the manners of female staff were nothing different from that of cash desk ladies at a common supermarket.
If nothing is done in the near future, I will not stay with you again because there is no meaning for me to come to Conrad to encounter such a quality.
Please think yourself about behaviors toward guests in the name of world’s Conrad Hotels. We can easily find hotels with far more excellent club lounges around Bangkok.
I mean this matter is changeable so I guess it is not very serious. I recommend you to try to reeducate the lounge ladies in the manners of hospitalities, behaviors and courtesies.
However, this time, I was happy with Conrad hardware such as food and any other facilities, which still show me an excellent average of Conrad quality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review.

It is sad to read that you did not fully enjoy your stay and we are sorry for any lapse in our service that you experienced. Our Executive Floor service is consisently a highlight here on TripAdvisor so it is disappointing to read of your sentiment. Please rest assured we will take this feedback onboard and use this constructively.

We truly hope to welcome you back to Conrad Bangkok as our valued guest in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and our only regret is that we didn't stay in Bangkok longer to enjoy it! We upgraded to the Executive level rooms and it was sooo worth it! The room was so spacious and had every single mod con you could imagine. The staff were happy to service the room at whatever time in the day suited you as well which was a really nice perk. With the executive level package you have access to another floor that offers a fantastic breakfast. Everything from a hot breakfast to pastries, cereal, yogurts, granola etc. The EL package also includes cocktails hour later in the evening and with that you get wine, hot food etc.

The staff were very helpful on the EL floor and helped us book our activities while we stayed there. In terms of location it was absolutely spot on and meant we had easy access to the train, shopping malls etc. Our itinerary was packed the entire time we were there so we didn't get a chance to check out the pool or tennis courts or spa but I'm sure they were amazing too!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Executive level rooms - well worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TropicalPlaces25

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Conrad Bangkok. We appreciate you sharing your review with the travelling public.

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay. It is nice to know that you enjoyed the upgrade to the Executive Floor level. Your positive remarks about the breakfast options, spacious room and helpful service are all great to read.

We hope to see you again soon and perhaps you will have more time next stay to explore our pool, tennis courts and spa.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Super hotel, great facilities and service, the staff at all levels from concierge, room service, lounge staff and Management cannot do enough to assist. I have stayed there many times 30+ and will continue to return and enjoy the hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room is good and for the cost it is worth investing in the executive type room and gaining access to the lounge.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Christopher C
StephenG G, Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review here on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to read about your excellent stay and thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Your kind comments about our service in the Executive Lounge, concierge and room service areas are all well received.

With more than thirty previous stays we dearly appreciate your ongoing loyalty to Conrad Bangkok. In this same manner, it is our pleasure to host you once again sometime soon.