“Lovely property - staff/amenities bring it down” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Conrad Bangkok Hotel

Conrad Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #62 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
USA
“Lovely property - staff/amenities bring it down”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Enjoyed several nights in a lovely room in this hotel. Two basic problems - my wife is the Hilton Diamond member - but when I was at the desk, they talked around her. This always annoys. Staff was singularly unhelpful. Hailed us a cab and put us in to go to a classic and historic (e.g., easy to identify) restaurant - but the cabby took us to some place he was getting a commission from and refused to move. Had all the data to turn him in, but the hotel staff didn't really care. Food in the lounge was awful and the same each day for three. Ended up eating breakfast in the overcrowded restaurant the last two days.

Also, the location is in the middle of nowehere. If you're going to the US or Japan Embassy, maybe - but you're never going to get a taxi to drop you off here from anywhere else in Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
StephenG G, Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for staying at Conrad Bangkok. We are grateful for your valuable feedback.

Your review indicates that we did not provide you with the Luxury of Being Yourself experience we are renowned for. We are sorry you did not enjoy the general service or offering at the Executive Floor. We are also sorry that you encountered an unhelpful taxi driver during your stay. We do take your feedback seriously and I would be happy to discuss this further via email.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to Conrad Bangkok.

E: Stephen.J.Gould@Conradhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
TOKYO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

At the begining of April mom and I stayed at Conrad hotel which was third visit. Our plane from Tokyo had been delayed due to congestion of the Narita airport, and we could check-in past midnight. At that time there was no guest at the lobby but some hotel staff kept surveillance of the hotel. Thanks to the level of security we had no worry about it.
In the morning we had breakfast at the restaurant on the 2nd floor. I found a juice stand where we could ask for some kind of fresh juice. I ordered a banana with orange and mom loved banana and apple juice.
Every food was delicious and we could enjoy variety of menu such as Thai food, Chinese cooking, Indian cuisine, Japanese dish and American cuisine. Everytime I have a breakfast I am satisfied with its tasty food. After the breakfast, I went to a super market adjacent to the hotel to buy some sweet treat. It is really convenient that the store opens from 7 a.m.
Probably we will visit Bangkok next year and choose this hotel at all points.

Room Tip: Free wifi internet service in the lobby is smooth.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LoveMoon
Dear Valued Guest,

Sawasdee Krab and warm greetings from Conrad Bangkok. Thank you for posting a review here on TripAdvisor, we are happy to receive your valuable feedback.

It is great to read that you enjoyed the hotels breakfast options and that this was a highlight of your recent stay. We are pleased that our newly added fresh juice and smoothie station obviously added value to your stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kristiansand, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stepping in to Conrad Bangkok was a pleasure. Lots of staff opening doors and followed me to check in. My reservation was immediately recognized and I was informed that since I was HH gold they had upgraded me and my check in would take place in the Executive lounge. The front desk gentleman was escorting med up to the lounge at 29 floor. I was offered a seat and something to drink when the staff checked me in. As Thai airways had lost my bags, the asked for a copy of the lost bags message so they could follow it up for me.

I was then escorted to my executive room on the 28th floor. Big nice room with a great view over the city. Welcome gift at the room, in order of water bottles, fruits and a nice macaron. I also got a long letter from the executive lounge manager informing me about my advantages as HH gold and guest at the executive floor. Very nice. The bed was big and there was a pillow menu available. The bed was a little to hard for me. The internet connection was some of the best I have seen in Asia with 7-8 mb download. There was nice bathroom amenities and both shower and bathtub. There was a glass wall between room and bathroom. Air con was working very nicely and it didn't turn off when I left the room. So it was always very nice to come into a room with the right temperature. A true 5 star hotel!

As I lost my bags and the temperature outside was at 40 celcius, I luckily had an extra t-shirt in my handbag. So my shirt, I sent to express laundry. 2 hours later it came back. And to same price as ordinary laundry. Nice.

Just after I got to my room, the phone rang, and I was informed that the hotel contacted Thai and was informed that my bags would arrive late tonite. As I went out that evening, I later found out that a letter was delivered to my room at 2100 hours telling me that my bags would be delivered before midnight. And when I returned at 0030 hours, I was met by the night manager telling me that my bags was delivered to my room. (How did he know who I was?? - Impressive)

Skiped breakfast, but I was offered free breakfast in the lounge. They also offered a afternoon tea with pastries and snacks, and from 1800-2000 there was a buffet and free drinks/cocktails. I enjoyed some snacks there and a few glasses of Prosecco.

The pool area was great even though it was hot, there was some wind coming in between the buildings that made it bearable. Big nice pool and towels and nice pool beds available. Service from the pool bar/ restaurant was a bit slow as I had to walk up to the bar to order something. I would have expected the staff to come around to the guests.

There was 3 restaurants at the hotel I didn't try. Had a glass in the Diplomat bar. Comparing to prices in Europe its cheap. Comparing to prices on other bars in Bangkok its a bit higher. The minus with most hotels in Thailand is that prices offered in menus is without 7% tax and 10% service charge. I would preferred the menu to present the real prices.

On the day of checkout I was granted late check-out at 16:00. As my flight didn't leave before midnight, I was offered that the hotel could store my bags and I was free to use all the hotel facility in the meantime. So I went out and came back later, and had a shower in the gym before booking the hotel car (BMW 730 IL) to the airport. But before I left, I was asking for a shoeshine machine. I was told to wait a bit while they was checking. And only a few minutes later a member of staff came over and took my shoes and did a nice shine. Very nice service. The Japanese gentleman at the front desk that met me on my arrival approached me several times during my stay when I passed trough the lobby area asking me if there was anything they could do for me, and he also arranged the shoeshine service, car service and kept me company during the shoeshine procedure. Very service minded gentleman that is my candidate for employee of the year!

My only complaint must be that I could not stay longer!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank ErlingSt
StephenG G, Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Your review is very enjoyable reading for our hotel team members and thank you for your kind praise. Our goal is to provide every guest the Luxury of Being Yourself and it is clear that we have achieved this during your recent stay. We take note of your specific praise for Hiroki, our Japanese Guest Relations Officer, and we will be sure to recognize his extra efforts accordingly.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon!

Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Attended at conference held at the hotel. Good evening entertainment on ground floor. Service was lovely - both check in and check out. We had lunch at the Japanese restaurant. Lovely food. You are spoilt for choice at the buffet lunch at the main restaurant. I found myself going back for dinner twice during my stay - I had the grilled salmon. Superb. Hotel connected to a mall - All Seasons Place Retail Center. It's linked to a high rise office block and private residences. I can't think of anything to really complain about.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kkn889
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the very positive review here on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you managed to be relaxed whilst working at Conrad Bangkok.

We are very pleased to read about your excellent stay and thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Your kind comments about our service in the Japanese Restaurant are all well received.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Osaka, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I regret to say that the service manners at the executive lounge getting even worth than my last visit. I have stayed quite many times before and have spent longer time at the lounge each time. The quality of service manners seem getting worth and worth each time. Especially this time, I felt the manners of female staff were nothing different from that of cash desk ladies at a common supermarket.
If nothing is done in the near future, I will not stay with you again because there is no meaning for me to come to Conrad to encounter such a quality.
Please think yourself about behaviors toward guests in the name of world’s Conrad Hotels. We can easily find hotels with far more excellent club lounges around Bangkok.
I mean this matter is changeable so I guess it is not very serious. I recommend you to try to reeducate the lounge ladies in the manners of hospitalities, behaviors and courtesies.
However, this time, I was happy with Conrad hardware such as food and any other facilities, which still show me an excellent average of Conrad quality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review.

It is sad to read that you did not fully enjoy your stay and we are sorry for any lapse in our service that you experienced. Our Executive Floor service is consisently a highlight here on TripAdvisor so it is disappointing to read of your sentiment. Please rest assured we will take this feedback onboard and use this constructively.

We truly hope to welcome you back to Conrad Bangkok as our valued guest in the future.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and our only regret is that we didn't stay in Bangkok longer to enjoy it! We upgraded to the Executive level rooms and it was sooo worth it! The room was so spacious and had every single mod con you could imagine. The staff were happy to service the room at whatever time in the day suited you as well which was a really nice perk. With the executive level package you have access to another floor that offers a fantastic breakfast. Everything from a hot breakfast to pastries, cereal, yogurts, granola etc. The EL package also includes cocktails hour later in the evening and with that you get wine, hot food etc.

The staff were very helpful on the EL floor and helped us book our activities while we stayed there. In terms of location it was absolutely spot on and meant we had easy access to the train, shopping malls etc. Our itinerary was packed the entire time we were there so we didn't get a chance to check out the pool or tennis courts or spa but I'm sure they were amazing too!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Executive level rooms - well worth it!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TropicalPlaces25
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Conrad Bangkok. We appreciate you sharing your review with the travelling public.

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay. It is nice to know that you enjoyed the upgrade to the Executive Floor level. Your positive remarks about the breakfast options, spacious room and helpful service are all great to read.

We hope to see you again soon and perhaps you will have more time next stay to explore our pool, tennis courts and spa.

Greater London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Super hotel, great facilities and service, the staff at all levels from concierge, room service, lounge staff and Management cannot do enough to assist. I have stayed there many times 30+ and will continue to return and enjoy the hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room is good and for the cost it is worth investing in the executive type room and gaining ac...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Christopher C
StephenG G, Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review here on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to read about your excellent stay and thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Your kind comments about our service in the Executive Lounge, concierge and room service areas are all well received.

With more than thirty previous stays we dearly appreciate your ongoing loyalty to Conrad Bangkok. In this same manner, it is our pleasure to host you once again sometime soon.