The first thing that hits when you get into your room (classic for me) was that the bathroom is transparent - with some exploration you will find the speaker knob next to your tub/sink - so that means, its for you to watch tv on the throne and the bath! how awesome is that! it is also adjoined to a shopping mall (called All Seasons Place) which is convenient.
i would recommend this hotel if the following were the criteria (reasons):
- you are willing to pay for it (pricey)
- you are serious about keeping fit on your holiday (most well-equipped gym i had ever seen, and ive seen quite a few)
- you are there on work (the location is parallel to the main CBD - radchaphisek road and rama Iv, most offices are located on the same road as the Conrad, or parallel to it and the staff are very helpful and efficient)
- you want a personal touch to your stay (the staff always knew my room number and who i was travelling with and the concierge always salute you correctly)
- you want to be near to radchaphisek road (the road where most of the offices are)
- you want to do fine dining and shopping (the restaurant in teh hotel is supposed to be top-notch, otherwise, long-table, bedsupeprclub, vertigo, baan kanitha and suan lum night bazaar (cheap option) are 15 mins away by cab, barring no traffic jams, and should cost no more than 80 baht)
- you want convenience (there is a tops supermarket in the shopping mall adjoining the Conrad and the restaurants in the shopping mall are good)
- you like being away from the dinge and hustle-bustle (the Conrad is an oasis of cleanliness and relaxation - however, you wont be experiencing the real colourful inside of bangkok if you dont walk down sukhumvit road at least ONCE)
i would warn you of the following:
- it is not close to the hotspots so cabs may take you for a joyride, there is a short cut through the park to get to radchaphisek road which takes 10 mins, and 50 baht max, however if caught in a jam due to not taking a short-cut (like me!) you may get stuck on sukhumvit road for an hour, pay 90 baht, and still have to walk for nearly an hour backt ot he hotel - in hindsight, if stuck in traffic take the BTS train which is all along sukhumvit road)
- the nearest station to the Conrad is Ploenchit but it still takes you at least 10 mins to walk to the Conrad from there
- the breakfast is LOTS OF bread and bread and bread, the selection of protein packed meals were limited to the omellettes and 5 dishes (3 only of which were real protein)
- be careful of photocopying your work - it cost me 330 baht for 37 pages (which is expensive by malaysian standards by 1000%)
- you wanted to be near to the hotspots this is not the place for you and some other hotels nearer to bustling areas may be the thing for you.
Other than that, as i said, the stay was good as it was relaxing and beautiful. i felt like i never wanted to leave!!!! which means, if you werent working, you wouldn be seeing much of bangkok ;) if you were working, Conrad makes you feel like rushing everything just to get 'home' to relax. The service was excellent and the staff make no fuss about anything you ask. they will arrange reservations, find restaurants and give you answers and tips on any restaurant or tours you may want to do inless than 2 minutes. all in all, it was a great experience for me, but my company was paying for it, so i didnt feel the pinch. if you have the money, go for it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the world's most exciting and innovative luxury hotels. Located within the stylish All Seasons Place in the heart of Bangkok, and close to the city's major commercial and shopping centers as well as Lumphini Park. Suvarnabhumi International Airport is just a 40-minute drive away. The Conrad Bangkok fuses luxury and technology, artistry and expertise, and presents guests with cutting-edge design, cuisine and service. Our luxurious guestrooms and suites are furnished with beautiful silk and natural wood giving a sense of contemporary Thailand. With hi-speed internet access, stay connected in true style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Conrad Bangkok Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Bangkok
- Bangkok Conrad