“An oasis in a busy city”

Conrad Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #71 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 October 2010

After reading favourable reviews of Conrad Bangkok, we chose the hotel for the facilities and wanted something a bit more up-scale. The hotel is situated in the business district of Bangkok and part of the All Seasons Place shopping complex. Prior to our arrival, we had arranged a car to pick us up from the airport to transfer us to the hotel which was very convenient and not too expensive.

We had booked the Executive King Room which was located on level 24, upon arrival, our bags were taken to our room and we completed the check-in process at the Executive check-in reception in the lounge. As with most hotels with this facility, it was nice to have a concierge service and check-out without having to use the main reception. The staff were always very pleasant and it was useful to have some local knowledge including some Thai phrases.

The room we had was tastefully and beautifully decorated, in fact, it was impeccable. We particularly liked the Asian feel to the room, including a cute blue toy elephant that was placed on our bed.

We did not use the pool area but we did take a walk around. We used the courtesy hotel shuttle which took us to the Skytrain at Ploen Chit station (Sukhumvit Line). The shuttle runs every 15mins and in fact, the Skytrain service is very easy and cheap to use if not crowded at times.

Overall I had no complaints about the hotel and would definitely return if I was stopping in Bangkok again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MAB28

Reviewed 15 October 2010

We went for our anniversary. It was fantastic. They even sent us chocolates, flowers and a bottle of wine. Beautiful surroundings. Excellent service, excellent food, perfect rooms. Cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seasiafamily
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Upon checking in... I had been informed that my room rates includes breakfast. Staying here of a total of 4 days, my first and second day breakfast were all well. When asking for the bill, the waiters had informed me there is nothing to sign as it is already inclusive and they had checked the room number.

But on the third breakfast, they insist they I should pay for the breakfast as it is NOT inclusive. Though explaning to the restaurant manager, they had reconfirmed that my room does not include breakfast.

Going to the reception to clear this, again this time they said that my room does not include breakfast. When I ask for the check in registration form when I first signed it, the lady was not able to find it. I had mentioned that it was writted in the registration form.

The manager came and cleared things up and again I explained as to why my first and second day breakfast was not charged and was told that it was already included in the room rate, no explanation was given.

The manager mentioned that 'out of goodwill', they will waive the bill. I had replied, I do not need out of goodwill and do not mind paying for all three breakfast that I had despite whatever being told. This is a matter of principle.

I have had very good past experiences on Conrad Bangkok and most Hilton affliated hotels around the globe. This certainly change my mood about Conrad Bangkok, on the day when I happen to be checking out.

I really hope that the staffs are all in tune with each other rather than upsetting guests. They could easily ask me to sign the bill and will follow up with the reception at a later stage.

Never ask for freebies before and do not need. But please served and honor what is with sincerity.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Saifulbahar
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Conrad is the luxury brand of the Hilton family and it's easy to see they are one level ahead of the Hilton standard. Before Conrad Bangkok I've been to Conrad hotels in Chicago, Bali and Singapore and they were all up to a high quality so I checked into Conrad Bangkok with expectations of quality.

While Conrad Bangkok is a business hotel it definitely has something for leisure travellers as well. The facilities is top class and the spa is great. I went to the spa for a one hour signature massage and it was very relaxing and great.

I stayed in a Executive Terrace King Suite and it was very nice. 71 square metres of quality. I'm 22 and still loves playing video games so I was happy and surprised to see a Playstation 3 in the room, since i've never seen a hotel room with that before. The suite also offered three flatscreen Tvs, including one in the beautiful bathroom, living room, and of course the private terrace.

Guests in Executive suites has access to the Executive Lounge and it's very nice and has a nice selection of food. Beware of the dresscode before you go inside. Even though there is 35 degress outside you can't wear shorts in the lounge and they only inform this with small letters on a sign that most people won't see.

The most important thing in a hotel is the service and it's really good and professional. Even in the best hotels in Thailand you often finds staff with language problems, but in this hotel you won't get any problems. The check in and check out process went perfect and I was escorted to the suite, something you won't be in most Hilton hotels. It really is the luxury brand of Hilton.

The ending of the stay was far from perfect. I called for a taxi from my suite, but I waited in front of the hotel for 7 minutes before a taxi arrived, but I got to the airport in time and arrived safely in Hanoi.

Overall I don't think you can find a better Conrad city hotel in the world. It has everything you can wish for the business traveller in terms of service and facilities. For the leisure traveller I could wish a little more personalized service. Furthermore I like to see rooms that looks different, but because it's a Conrad there is rules in terms of design they have to follow so you always know what you get from a Conrad. It's not among the best hotels in the world, but for the price it might be some of the best value available. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Bobbywestwood
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I have been a long term guest in the hotel from time to time and have logged maybe 4-6 months there over the past five years.

This is a great hotel in the center of Bangkok, the best there is for business traveler's with all the amenities you would expect. The direct connection to "All Seasons Place" makes it perfect for the foreigner that craves a balance of Asian and western food. They have Starbucks, Sizzler, Burger King and a supermarket on location. Try the barbecue on all seasons third floor, very good.

The hotel restaurants are first class all the way, no regrets. The Chinese Dim Sum brunch on the weekends draws the local Chinese crowd, very very good!

The spa is great, the staff very well trained, it would rank in the top 20% of any spa in Bangkok.

The rooms on the residence side are recently upgraded and very nice. The hotel rooms are great as well, the executive floor is a standout.

The residence staff are the best there is, there is too much turnover of staff, but they seem to always get good replacements.

There are arguably better in Bangkok, Four Seasons, Peninsula, Oriental etc. but for the location and the money, I would go with Conrad any day.

The best:

1) The Staff
2) The Staff
3) Pool and Spa
4) The restaurants
5) Location, Location ,Location
6) Very nice rooms

The Bad:

1) Change the rule of no shorts in the lounge, its not necessary. The drink prices will keep out the riffraff :)
2) The lobby is a bit dated and could use a good refresh like they did to the rooms.
3) Improve the service at the Conrad deli in the mall area.
4) The internet is not free, but it should be as most competitors of class have this free. And no it does not say free in the brochure and it is not confusing.

Overall, a great choice for a hotel, especially business in the best area of Bangkok.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThaiSanook
Reviewed 7 September 2010

This Conrad successfully creates an atmosphere I find both comfortable and upscale, with the help of a floorplan in which two horseshoe-shaped wraparound hallways meet at centrally located elevators; as a result, one can go 2 ways from his/her room, which I found strangely liberating. Similar feeling in the less-structured lobby, where staff is attentive but less obviously watching you than in some other Bangkok deluxe hotels. The hotel's orientation (ideal for repeat business customers) is confirmed in the executive lounge, where overly casual dress and unruly children are not welcome. As a tourist I would resent it, but as a business traveler I appreciate this.

The rooms are very nice indeed, modern, posh, and definitely Thai, with extensive use of local designs and materials. Even the regular rooms manage the rear feat of feeling special (to me at least), and the larger corner units (2 types of different layouts) even more so.

The staff here is among the more polished I've experienced in US chain hotels in Bangkok.

While the hotel is great for business travelers themselves, the public spaces may lack some of the formal pomp needed to host some local contacts, something other, mostly non-western competitors put more of an emphasis on.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank zig123
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I arrived at the hotel a day early due to some changes in my schedule. Check inn staff was very helpful and changed my reservation. I have to mention that I have diamond status with Hilton. I was upgraded to a nice executive floor room. The rooms are nice (american plush) and big with a great view over Bangkok. The only thing "negative" about the room would be the outdated entertainment system. There was an ipod doc and a DVD player though (DVDs can be borrowed from the executive lounge free of charge). EL on 32nd (?) floor was nice and big and the food was GREAT! That goes for the other restaurants on site as well. Make sure not to miss afternoon tea at the EL if you can. But the best thing was the staff. The ladies at the reception greeted me by name from day two, the concierge gave great advise on where to go and what to see (not just the tourist stuff) and the valet paid for my taxi twice because he did not want me to wait for the shuttle bus for more than 10 minutes. The location is convenient and you can catch the shuttle to the sky train station which is a 2 minute drive or a 5-10 minute walk. You have to get a taxi to the sights around the palace though (traffic can be a pain).

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo