“Not that great, will continue to look for a better place”
Review of Grand President

Grand President
Ranked #702 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Not that great, will continue to look for a better place”
Reviewed 28 August 2008

Stayed in Grand President for 4 days. Location wise hotel is good, few doors away from Ambassador hotel and 5 minutes walk to Nana station. This is our 3rd visit to Bangkok.

Check in was slow which is common in all Thailand hotels. Took us more than 45 minutes to get our keys. Reception was grumpy during check in due to some disagreement on beds. We reckon if you booked for 3 person you ought to get 3 beds which they do not seems to agree.

I bought my family and 4 of my staff for a holiday & meeting in Bangkok, We booked 3 rooms thru the hotel web, 2 executive studio package & 1 Royal suite. One of the executive studio was a windowless room, the other has partial windows and when we ask for a change we were told that the hotel is full.

Looks like this place view executive as cheap salesman. I was embarassed that my staff was made to feel second class and it appears that you cannot expect to get a room with windows even though you are suppose to be in 4 star establishment. Having stayed in more than 30 hotels, I thought any place that has windowless rooms should not class themselves above 2+ star. This is below cattle class.

The Royal Suite in tower 2 has a stench when we open the door. It cames from the Sofa or Carpet. This smell is the same as the smell you get from a damp London Tube fabric seat in a cool December morning. We wanted to change to another room since we paid for a Royal suite but was told it is full house again. This place looks like a popular place that seems to be full when you wanna change room. Morning breakfast has no queue though.

My daugther has asthma so we decided to run the air con for 45 minutes before deciding whether to move to another hotel. The smell subsided you would only detect it when you sit on the sofa. The marble floor is stickty when your feet is moist coming out from the bathrooms.

We have decided to add a extra bed and paid 800 thb per night so that I could sleep in the living room instead of in the partial window exec studio in case my daugther has an attack at night. When i mentioned that I am willing to pay extra for extra bed in the suite, there is an immediate smile and I felt that i had been a cheapo and now i am willing to pay extra, i am a human again.

I had paid more than 4000 thb for this suite of which I reckon I can get better hotels in that price range.

Apart from these, If you are looking for a place to stay and has no special cleanliness requirement, this is the place, provided you dont get the windowless rooms but for me I would not make this my regular place in Bangkok and would continue to look for a better place to stay

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Smell in room
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank Fei-Low
GMGP, Resident Manager at Grand President, responded to this review, 8 September 2008
Good morning,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am very sorry to hear that we have not provided you with the rooms and service as how you would expected.

We were running a very high occupancy during your stay and we always would like to provide guest with what they had requested during reservation. Sometime it is very difficult and depending on the check out rooms.

I have brief my team of your positive comments and asking them to look at it seriously and improved in the future. There shouldn't be any excuses from us.

Again I would like to apologize for the shortcomings.

Hope you would not put us in your disfavour list. Please let me handle your reservation in the future.

affendy@grandpresident.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 8 August 2008

of all hotels i've stayed in Bangkok for my business and leisure trips, Grand President Hotel has offered me the most pleasant one. Besides the well manered staffs, what i like most are the comfortable environment and cleanliness of the rooms. It's also centrally located for my travelling destinations in Bangkok. Will surely go back to Grand President for my next trip to Bangkok.

• Liked — value for money : comfort environment and well manered staff service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank sq9000
Good morning,

Thank you for choosing Grand President, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Looking forward for your next visit.

Affendy B ismail
los angeles
Reviewed 4 August 2008

The Grand President was a good place to stay. Like all the others posted, it's close to BTS skytrain and shopping centers.
The staff was very accomodationg and nice.
For some reason, they over booked the rooms and offered to put us up in another hotel. we where waiting for a few minutes and then 2 rooms opened up. One room was the 2 bedroom suite and the other was a regular room. The staff gave me the 2 bedroom suite at the regular single room rate per nite and also discounted the standard room for my friends.
The service they provided was excellent.
The rooms were a bit worn but they were clean.
The next time i go back to bangkok, i'm staying at the Grand President.

• Liked — clean rooms, nice and accomodation staff and location
  • Disliked — nothing to dislike.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank session540
GMGP, Resident Manager at Grand President, responded to this review, 10 August 2008
Good morning,

Thank you for all the positive comments. I am happy to hear that our staff have provide you with service that you have expected.

See you soon!

Ipoh, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Stayed at Tower 3 with my family for a few days and found the staff to be very helpful, polite and speaks good English with guests. If you need a taxi, the bellboy can get a meter taxi for you and explain your destination to the taxi driver in Thai. Although I had planned the places I wanted to go before my arrival, I was pleased with the river cruise arranged by the concierge for my family which was better than my initial choice.
Nana BTS is just 5 minutes walk away. Very convenient.
The lobby and cafe is across the street at Tower 1. There is a good variety of food to choose for breakfast at the cafe. I like the ambience and design of the dining area.
My Summer Breeze Executive Studio room at the end on the 4th floor has a nice view of Soi 11 street. The room was fine except for a dark brown stain on the bathroom floor. My other room just after the lift looked refurbished but the view outside is blocked by another building next to it. We kept the blinds closed.
Overall my stay there has been comfortable and pleasant. If I do come back to Bangkok again, I will stay at Grand President and try the suite rooms.

• Liked — Staff service
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrew2008
Salam Sejahtera,

Terima Kasih on the good comments you posted about Grand President. I have shared your comments with my team.

Do let me know when is your next visit to Bangkok,especially Grand President.

Everywhere
Reviewed 30 July 2008

Grand President was wonderfully located - a few mintues walk to the BTS station and central to all shopping centers. The hotel staff were friendly and accomodating. They arranged for free transport to the Ananda Spa at thier sister hotel President Solitaire just around the corner. The room was very clean and well equiped. We were happy to find a bathtub instead of only a shower stall as in most hotels in Europe. There is also a nice pool and work out facility. All in all it was a great stay. We will be returning to Sukhumvit next spring for 10 days and will be again staying with the President hotels.

• Liked — Location, Staff, and price
  • Disliked — bath water did not get HOT, but was comfortable
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelBridges
Good morning,

Thank you for your comments and I have mentioned it to my team.

Please let us know of your next visit.

Warsaw
Reviewed 23 July 2008

Perfect location close to many Bangkok attractions and BTS system.
But this fact is only an addition to the friendliness and smiling faces of the staff always ready to help.
Any issue with the reservation? Talk to Mr.Leo -- he will quickly take care of this to the full satisfaction of the traveler.
I was there many times and I was never disappointed.
Strongly recommended,...

1 Thank WarsawPodroznik
GMGP, Resident Manager at Grand President, responded to this review, 30 July 2008
Good morning sir,

Thank you for your comments. Thank you again for always staying at Grand President.

See you soon.

tenerife
Reviewed 18 July 2008

Esperaba algo mejor de este hotel, la recepcionista la mas guapa y joven, se reía de nuestro ingles medio con otra recepcionista, cuando con nuestro ingles medio hemos viajado por gran parte de Asia sin demasiado problemas, todos nos esforzamos por entendernos menos en este hotel, cuando el botones se hizo cargo de nuestras maletas, en el ascensor y despues de venir de las calles con propuestas de vendedores por todos los sitios, el que conoce Bangkok lo entiende, y esperando algo de tranquilidad y descanso en el hotel, el botones se dedica a vendernos trajes hechos por un sastre amigos, y hasta dentro de la habitación seguia con las ofertas, algo impensable en un hotel, por lo menos de la categoria que presumen, despues de cinco días bastante neutros en el hotel, pedimos un taxi para ir al aeropuerto y nos llaman a uno que no quiere poner el taximetro y nos quiere estafar, creo que no cuidan esos detalles que hacen clientela.

• Liked — la limpieza
  • Disliked — el personal del hotel
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank franquipani
GMGP, Resident Manager at Grand President, responded to this review, 22 July 2008
Good morning sir,

Thank you for your comments. I have asked my colleague to translate your comments.

I am very sorry to hear of your unpleasant encounter with the bellman and Front Office staff. I have asked my team to investigate the matter and assuring you that I am personally looking at the matter.

Let me handle your reservation the next time you wish to visit Bangkok.

affendy@grandpresident.com

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels