Stayed in Grand President for 4 days. Location wise hotel is good, few doors away from Ambassador hotel and 5 minutes walk to Nana station. This is our 3rd visit to Bangkok.
Check in was slow which is common in all Thailand hotels. Took us more than 45 minutes to get our keys. Reception was grumpy during check in due to some disagreement on beds. We reckon if you booked for 3 person you ought to get 3 beds which they do not seems to agree.
I bought my family and 4 of my staff for a holiday & meeting in Bangkok, We booked 3 rooms thru the hotel web, 2 executive studio package & 1 Royal suite. One of the executive studio was a windowless room, the other has partial windows and when we ask for a change we were told that the hotel is full.
Looks like this place view executive as cheap salesman. I was embarassed that my staff was made to feel second class and it appears that you cannot expect to get a room with windows even though you are suppose to be in 4 star establishment. Having stayed in more than 30 hotels, I thought any place that has windowless rooms should not class themselves above 2+ star. This is below cattle class.
The Royal Suite in tower 2 has a stench when we open the door. It cames from the Sofa or Carpet. This smell is the same as the smell you get from a damp London Tube fabric seat in a cool December morning. We wanted to change to another room since we paid for a Royal suite but was told it is full house again. This place looks like a popular place that seems to be full when you wanna change room. Morning breakfast has no queue though.
My daugther has asthma so we decided to run the air con for 45 minutes before deciding whether to move to another hotel. The smell subsided you would only detect it when you sit on the sofa. The marble floor is stickty when your feet is moist coming out from the bathrooms.
We have decided to add a extra bed and paid 800 thb per night so that I could sleep in the living room instead of in the partial window exec studio in case my daugther has an attack at night. When i mentioned that I am willing to pay extra for extra bed in the suite, there is an immediate smile and I felt that i had been a cheapo and now i am willing to pay extra, i am a human again.
I had paid more than 4000 thb for this suite of which I reckon I can get better hotels in that price range.
Apart from these, If you are looking for a place to stay and has no special cleanliness requirement, this is the place, provided you dont get the windowless rooms but for me I would not make this my regular place in Bangkok and would continue to look for a better place to stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand President Bangkok is situated along Sukhumvit Soi 11 and a 5 minute walk to Nana BTS skytrain station. It is walking distance to entertainment outlets such as QBar and Bash, and a short drive to hospitals, embassies and shopping centers. This property features 437 air-conditioned rooms and suites all with a kitchenette consisting of a large fridge and microwave oven. Additional facilities include a Laundromat, 3 outdoor swimming pools, cafe with alfresco dining, sauna and steam room. Present your keycard for exclusive discounts and/or free entrance to select restaurants, bars and hospitals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Nozio Netplan srl, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand President reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand President Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand President Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Grand President Hotel