I stayed for four night in June 2014. The room was large with kitchen - large bedroom - and living room (including washing/drying machine). A view over the pool toward the skyline was nice as well.
The bathroom was outdated - pretty bad shower head (one hand held that didn't spray) and the second shower head didn't work. I always felt like I was going to fall as I stepped from the bathtub/shower onto the marble floor because as much as you try it's hard to keep the floor dry because of the way the shower is built.
The room was a non-smoking room but still smelled of cigarettes. Not sure if it was stale from the room - or coming from next door. I didn't use the pool but when I took my walk-about I don't think I would use it as it was dirty. The Steam Room was out of order and there is a sauna that was functioning - but I didn't check it out.
The washer dryer combo is a nice option - but it takes a very very very long time - so don't think you can throw stuff in in the morning and catch an afternoon flight without taking damp clothes with you.
Breakfast options were numerous - seemed a little chaotic and hard to find tables on a couple occasions.
I may return as some of these things I can overlook (not the cigarette) - location was central which is a big plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand President Bangkok is situated along Sukhumvit Soi 11 and a 5 minute walk to Nana BTS skytrain station. It is walking distance to entertainment outlets such as QBar and Bash, and a short drive to hospitals, embassies and shopping centers. This property features 437 air-conditioned rooms and suites all with a kitchenette consisting of a large fridge and microwave oven. Additional facilities include a Laundromat, 3 outdoor swimming pools, cafe with alfresco dining, sauna and steam room. Present your keycard for exclusive discounts and/or free entrance to select restaurants, bars and hospitals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand President reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand President Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand President Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Grand President Hotel