“My favorite hotel”
Review of Grand President

Grand President
Ranked #711 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I can’t believe that I hasn’t written a review of the hotel yet, as I stayed here several times. For me it is a home away from home when I travel to Bangkok alone. First of all the location is excellent, located in soi 11 you are close to skytrain, there are several restaurants in the street and at night there are good nightclubs close by.

I always book one of their suites as they offer excellent value for money. On most stays I have booked a Deluxe suite but this year I did not book any room because of the military coup. But all was quiret in Bangkok so when I arrived in Bangkok I phoned the hotel asking if they had any rooms. They had and I arrowed at the hotel at 7 am. I was offered a suite for a few hundred bath more than on the website so no high walk in fees, I paid around 2500 baht a night. I was told that the room would be ready in 1 hour so I walked around a bit and got my room that was located in Tower 2.
The suite has 1 bedroom and a living room and both is quite large. The rooms are not that new anymore but still in quite good condition. There is a lot of closset space so filling it with travel luggage is impossible, but I guess that if I stayed there for longer time I would be happy for the storage space. There is a large fridge and a small kitchen so you can buy your own food if you want to (but why do that in Thailand). The bed is quite comfortable and being a suite there are 2 separate air-conditioning, so I can switch it of in the bedroom and leave it on in the living room.
One of the problems with one side of tower 2 used to be the bird garden at the ambassador hotel but the windows was sealed so the noise was at a minimum and as a bonus the room did not get as hot when I left the room. But being sealed it was not possible to open the windows.

all in all I also enjoyed this stay and will come back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ThomasHOL

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked this hotel through Agoda and stayed for 2-nights in June 2014. My room was upgraded upon check-in. I got a room in Tower 1. My room was supposed to be in Tower 3 but thank god they were willing to chang it to Tower 1. I can't remember what was the reason of that upgrading. My room was nice with many facilities for a solo traveler like me. Hotel is located in a strategic location. It is close to BTS Nana, all the night life clubs/bars, and many choices of restaurant around the corners. Staffs were good. I don't mind to come here again, but will try not to stay in Tower 3 for I have heard many unpleasant stories from people whom have stayed there. So, try to avoid Tower 3 if you can.

Room Tip: Stay in Tower 1.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Zamir_Ramli
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed here in july 2013 in a Deluxe Suite, found the location to be amazing, close to BTS NANA and right in the middle of the bangkok night life, soi 11 comes alive at night with dozens of little pop bars in the back of old volkswagen vans, thinking I might stay here again when I go back to Bangkok in october

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kingofcrob
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Had come to Bangkok for a business trip . Had stayed in Tower 2 of this hotel.

Found it clean , cosy .Overall it was satisfactory.

Hotel is in a busy location , a place good for a shopping spree !! Located in a red light area.. this can be turn away if you happen to come here with your family.

The swimming pool and the gym on the top most floor was indeed commendable. !
I will not recommend this hotel if you are coming with your family....

Any room would be good.. I was in the Tower 2 .. and i found it good.. Lots of supermarkets and bars nearby. Rooms does not matter afterall ..

Guys watch out for when you walk alone on the street at mid nights. !! in fact dont go alone !!! Happen to hear from my friends about that ordeal . They got robed and attacked by few Africans when they were sauntering down the streets at midnight !!

Room Tip: Any room would be good.. I was in the Tower 2 .. and i found it good.. Lots of supermarkets and bars...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Vishnu_Ullattil
Reviewed 18 June 2014

As a general tip, try to stay away from Tower 3, as there the rooms are in a much worse shape than in the other two towers and mold and dirt are hunting you allover.

We stayed now twice there over the last month (once in Tower 3 and once in Tower 1) due to business appointments and a very special price we received, however even with the ridiculous low price, I am not able to say much good things about it.

Yes, the price is very low and the staff is very nice, professional and helpful, but that is pretty much all the good things I can say. The rooms are tremendously dated, dirty and moldy (Tower 3) and strange furnished (Tower 1) where you are not sure if you are in a hotel room or a not completely finished serviced apartment.

The restaurant in the main building is pretty crappy, however thank god in the vicinity are many good restaurants like the Old German Beerhaus right across the street, so we settled for this, instead of the included breakfast..

All in all, it's a cheap choice, however it shows!

Room Tip: Make sure you stay in the main building and stay away from Tower 3
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Maximillian U
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went as part of our office trip for 1 night so ours was a huge group - perhaps 85 in number! Concierge was great & very helpful in storing our luggage & had enough patience to deal with the chaos of such a big group.
Room were very functional, enough closet space & safe deposit. Kitchenette come sot use if you intend to stay for longer period, very roomy fridge included too. Only complaints were the height of the shower (even for a short person like me, I had to crouch).
Breakfast choices are varied & very satisfactory. Would happily there again!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the new tower
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed in this hotel mainly based on its #1 rating on TripAdvisor. And it is a unique little gem, really.

Everything is nearby of this hotel, the main thing is BTS. BTS NANA is the nearest station from the hotel which is on 2-5min walk. Many Indian restaurant near by this hotel, I would special mention DOSA JUNCTION which is PURE VEG restaurant.

And as many people have written before. GRAND PRESIDENT is a place you would definitely come back to and recommend to your friends. Thank you very much for making our stay so pleasant!!!

Room Tip: Choose Wing-3 which is newly constructed, however it is on 2-3 mints walk from the reception.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo