I can’t believe that I hasn’t written a review of the hotel yet, as I stayed here several times. For me it is a home away from home when I travel to Bangkok alone. First of all the location is excellent, located in soi 11 you are close to skytrain, there are several restaurants in the street and at night there are good nightclubs close by.
I always book one of their suites as they offer excellent value for money. On most stays I have booked a Deluxe suite but this year I did not book any room because of the military coup. But all was quiret in Bangkok so when I arrived in Bangkok I phoned the hotel asking if they had any rooms. They had and I arrowed at the hotel at 7 am. I was offered a suite for a few hundred bath more than on the website so no high walk in fees, I paid around 2500 baht a night. I was told that the room would be ready in 1 hour so I walked around a bit and got my room that was located in Tower 2.
The suite has 1 bedroom and a living room and both is quite large. The rooms are not that new anymore but still in quite good condition. There is a lot of closset space so filling it with travel luggage is impossible, but I guess that if I stayed there for longer time I would be happy for the storage space. There is a large fridge and a small kitchen so you can buy your own food if you want to (but why do that in Thailand). The bed is quite comfortable and being a suite there are 2 separate air-conditioning, so I can switch it of in the bedroom and leave it on in the living room.
One of the problems with one side of tower 2 used to be the bird garden at the ambassador hotel but the windows was sealed so the noise was at a minimum and as a bonus the room did not get as hot when I left the room. But being sealed it was not possible to open the windows.
all in all I also enjoyed this stay and will come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand President Bangkok is situated along Sukhumvit Soi 11 and a 5 minute walk to Nana BTS skytrain station. It is walking distance to entertainment outlets such as QBar and Bash, and a short drive to hospitals, embassies and shopping centers. This property features 437 air-conditioned rooms and suites all with a kitchenette consisting of a large fridge and microwave oven. Additional facilities include a Laundromat, 3 outdoor swimming pools, cafe with alfresco dining, sauna and steam room. Present your keycard for exclusive discounts and/or free entrance to select restaurants, bars and hospitals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Splitty, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand President reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand President Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand President Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Grand President Hotel