“Great hotel with great service”
Review of Grand President

Grand President
Ranked #706 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have been here twice as it is close to the main hub of shops by train at nana station . You can take the good old tuk tuk . There are a few well known bar eatery places in the same road like a German restaurant across the road a Australian bar and also a English bar . We did quite a few tours and the staff we very helpful and nothing was to much trouble

Room Tip: We always like to go up the top rooms as less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Grand President

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is the worst hotel that I had ever stay in Thailand. Nothing about this hotel can be recommend, but the location is good. The front desk provide very bad & slow services with black face some more. Bell boy only show you the way to Tower 3 but never help to carry your luggage.
We are in a group, we book non smoking room but end up with all smoking room, and we are separated into different floor and different tower too.

Room with bad smell, facilities too old, some even not working anymore.

Room Tip: never even try this hotel, there are more hotel surrounding in Soi 11
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank AlexYiew
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It is a fantastic hotel with friendly staff around to help out if you need anything. The room is very clean and the corridor are kept proper even if there human traffic is high.

The location of the hotel is what made me select it as it is near to the BTS train station and also there are good food just nearby too.

Overall it is a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2014

A pretty decent hotel for the price you are paying. Given an option prefer Tower 1 with a floor number greater than 10 to enjoy a better view of the city. The Sky-train is walking distance from the hotel, a 7-11 right across the street catering to all your needs. And the street itself (Soi 11) is very happening with quite a few dining options, night clubs and pubs and there is also a McD not too far off from the soi. The rooms are spacious and in decent, if not great, condition. The breakfast buffet does the job but don't have very high expectations. The pools are clean. The people at the front desk is fairly co-operative.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aniketray8690
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was the first time I stayed here and I will go back again. I loved the location as it was very close to Sukhumvit Road and the BTS. I liked that it had a stocked kitchen. The hallways were a bit noisy from other guest who had no concern for the noise they were making and how it would affect other guest during the night and early mornings. Stayed in tower 3, next time I will stay at one of the other 2 towers. Tower 3 is across the soi and older building and the parking garage is at the other two towers. Liked that they had their own parking garage

Room Tip: stay at towers 1 or 2 not 3
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I can’t believe that I hasn’t written a review of the hotel yet, as I stayed here several times. For me it is a home away from home when I travel to Bangkok alone. First of all the location is excellent, located in soi 11 you are close to skytrain, there are several restaurants in the street and at night there are good nightclubs close by.

I always book one of their suites as they offer excellent value for money. On most stays I have booked a Deluxe suite but this year I did not book any room because of the military coup. But all was quiret in Bangkok so when I arrived in Bangkok I phoned the hotel asking if they had any rooms. They had and I arrowed at the hotel at 7 am. I was offered a suite for a few hundred bath more than on the website so no high walk in fees, I paid around 2500 baht a night. I was told that the room would be ready in 1 hour so I walked around a bit and got my room that was located in Tower 2.
The suite has 1 bedroom and a living room and both is quite large. The rooms are not that new anymore but still in quite good condition. There is a lot of closset space so filling it with travel luggage is impossible, but I guess that if I stayed there for longer time I would be happy for the storage space. There is a large fridge and a small kitchen so you can buy your own food if you want to (but why do that in Thailand). The bed is quite comfortable and being a suite there are 2 separate air-conditioning, so I can switch it of in the bedroom and leave it on in the living room.
One of the problems with one side of tower 2 used to be the bird garden at the ambassador hotel but the windows was sealed so the noise was at a minimum and as a bonus the room did not get as hot when I left the room. But being sealed it was not possible to open the windows.

all in all I also enjoyed this stay and will come back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ThomasHOL
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked this hotel through Agoda and stayed for 2-nights in June 2014. My room was upgraded upon check-in. I got a room in Tower 1. My room was supposed to be in Tower 3 but thank god they were willing to chang it to Tower 1. I can't remember what was the reason of that upgrading. My room was nice with many facilities for a solo traveler like me. Hotel is located in a strategic location. It is close to BTS Nana, all the night life clubs/bars, and many choices of restaurant around the corners. Staffs were good. I don't mind to come here again, but will try not to stay in Tower 3 for I have heard many unpleasant stories from people whom have stayed there. So, try to avoid Tower 3 if you can.

Room Tip: Stay in Tower 1.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo