“Needs modernising”
Review of Grand President

Ranked #750 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The lobby is fairly modern and new however the room was in serious need of modernising. Breakfast was also slightly strange with curry and potato wedges on the menu every morning. The location was good and very close to the train. Although there were nicer hotels on the street.

• Stayed: August 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,772)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Harrowing Experience - Stay away from this property

First of all I would like to tell you that this does not "At All" look like a four star property. So don't fall in the trap.
The harrowing experience started as soon as we checked in this hotel.
I stayed here for 3 nights from 31st July to 3rd Aug.
Firstly, I had booked 4 rooms as were a total of 8 (family).
We checked in at 2:00 pm and only 3 rooms were ready and they said we'll get the 4th room shortly. We didn't bothered as it was ok with us. We co-operated!
They allotted us rooms in Tower 3 which is across the road from the main hotel. As we entered the rooms, we all were very disappointed as they did not looked like a 4 star hotel rooms. They were not more than a 2 star hotel rooms.

I started checking the rooms for hot water as I was keen on taking a bath. 2 out of 4 rooms did not had a hot water, in fact one of the rooms had a broken shower.
I asked for the change of room, and the guy on reception sent a plumber to fix the problem. Plumber took more than an hour in trying to fix the problem but he couldn't for one of the rooms. We changed one of the rooms after the plumber sent his report on the non-fixed problem. So we all were stuck as we wanted to fresh up and move out to enjoy the city.

Next the "locker safe" in one of the rooms was locked. Again I called up the reception and they sent a guy to open that. He kept trying for another half n hour after which he was successful though. So after the plumber went we were stuck due to this "safe mechanic" who wasted our another half an hour.

In the mean time I had asked for bath towels as there were no fresh bath towels in my room. It took the staff more than an hour to provide me with the towels.

I started to have a feeling by then that I am not here for a vacation rather I am here to get the repair work done for the hotel rooms.

Next thing I wanted to do is talk to the Duty Manager about this all, which I did. The duty manager was a guy (don't remember the name) who didn't paid any heed to what I am saying. He seemed to be least bothered, so I came back to the room disappointed.

Couldn't sleep the whole night!

Next day the duty manager changed, and I went to the reception and asked for the feedback form. I filled up the form with all the negatives and the kind of experience that I was going through. I gave the form to the duty manager and she kept it aside without even reading it. On my insistence she read the form and was disappointed and offered me a free upgrade of my rooms, which I accepted.

The next worst thing happened during our check out time. The check out time was 12:00 p.m. and our pick up time from the hotel to airport was 3:00 pm. So there was a difference of 3 hours. I went to the reception to ask for a favor that as we had 4 rooms so if we can vacate 3 rooms and can keep 1 room till 3:00 p.m.. But they were not in a mood to let us do that. So we had to vacate all the 4 rooms and keep our luggage in the lobby and wait there for 3 hours!

Breakfast - Seemed like everything is falling short be it cutlery or food. Each morning there was chaos in the brakfast arena and the food was always short. Moreover, if you tell the staff about a dish which is finished, they don't pay much attention to refill it.

Believe me it's not worth staying at this place. Atleast NOT a 4 star property At All.

Room Tip: DO NOT book rooms in tower 3!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mountiey
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Sir
Thank you for your comment on tripadvisor regarding your stay at Grand President. Firstly, let me apolgies if we were not able to deliver an experience that was up to your expectation. We will certainly discuss the points relating to maintenance amongst the team. Please note that you have booked our economy rooms at Tower 3 whereas we have many other deluxe and suite options at tower 1 and 2 for different rates.
Whilst we always try to accomodate guest requests, we are not able to fulfill all of them when running high occupancy and in this sense were not able to give late check out, which has nothing to do with a mood. We hope you find understanding on this point. Breakfast can be busy at times, but we ensure you that we not run out of any items as we check, it just takes a minute to refill the dishes.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future for you to get a better experience.
With best regards.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Everytime I come to Bangkok I stay in this awesome hotel. It has 3 towers and I have stayed in all the three. The tower 3 is just opposite to the main entrance of the hotel and the rooms are great. Moreover it has a brewing beer house called german beer house and is awesome to say in words of the quality of the beer and the starters given there. The other two towers are unique and superb and moreover it has the card entry system which allows only the people who stays in this hotel and the lift also cannot be used by an outsider . This makes this hotel very safe. The rooms are well equipped with all amnesties and many rooms are non smoking ones. Value for your money withe the awesome free breakfast also.

Stayed: August 2014
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Greetings from Grand President.

We are very pleased to hear of your enjoyable stay with us on your recent visit to Bangkok. Thank you for your compliments especially highlighting our rooms as well as the value for money at Tower 3. And yes, the Old German Beerhouse is a great institution and very poular amongst our guest.
Once again, thank you for being a loyal customer and we look forward to your return on your next trip to Bangkok
With best regards.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Very good hotel in the heart of bangkok nightlife.Clean rooms i had a one bedroom suite.Good satelitte tv .Friendly staff. I had room only but great breakfast and coffee opposite in the old german beer house.Great location restaurants bars nightclubs nearby.SUKHUMVITT soi 11 is a great place to stay.Bts is about 5 mins walk.

Room Tip: Get a high floor to help with the street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ballsi
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Sir
Thank you for your positive comment on tripadvisor regarding our Hotel and we were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our one bedroom suite and found our staff to be friendly. We certainly look forward to welcome you back next time around when you travel to Bangkok.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here from 4th august to 6th agust at tower 3 and my room number was 459 (semi suite). Room was good but it separated from main building (restaurant, Lobby, reception). The breakfast time was very crowdy by indian and Bangladeshi. Every morning we have to wait for 5-10 minutes for a table in the breakfast time.

The swimming pool was better than expectation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Md Rezaul K
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Sir
We appreciate that you found time to write feedback of your stay at Grand President on Tripadvisor. Your room was indeed across the street as we have three towers, each with different room types for different needs and prices. As we were having high occupancy, the breakfast did get a bit crowded around 9:30 to 10:00 AM when most families come and we would like to apologies for that. We were glad to read though that you enjoyed the pool.
With kind regards

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed here for only one night and I liked it a lot because of there good service,cleanliness most importantly the place is very near from nana Bts. They have a mini kitchen in every room. If you want to enjoy the night life of Bangkok I will defiantly suggest this hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharmin S
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Sir
Thank you very much for your comments on tripadvisor relating to your stay at Grand President.It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your short stay and that the location suited you. It would be great to welcome you back one day.
With best wishes.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in tower three which is across the road from tower 1 & 2. I found the room to be clean with good facilities. Although it is older compared to 1 & 2. People closing doors late at night can be heard clearly in the rooms as it echo's. I could not hear talking. Breakfast was awesome with a big choice available. The staff were pleasent and very helpful. I would gladly stay again.
The taxi drivers that wait out the front will hassle you and they over charge.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Sir
It was great to read on tripadvisor that you have enjoyed your stay at Grand President tower 3 and we especially were delighted to read about the good breakfast comment. We agree with you regardiong the taxi in front of the hotel and it is unfortuntaley beyond our control. However, we are nearby the BTS and other transportation is easily available.
With best wishes.