The reception staff and concierge staff were friendly and professional. Everytime I've stayed here, I never received any bad attitudes or rudeness. If you are bringing back a guest to your room, the security requires that your guest handover his/her ID until leaving and also to sign in. They are strict about this policy to avoid any issues. Also, don't ruin or stain the bedsheets because they will charge you for it.
The cheaper rooms are in Tower 3 which is across the street (Soi 11) from the reception and tower 1 & 2. Don't worry about your luggage because the bellboy will lug it over. However, do tip him because it's an outside trip. The rooms in tower 3, Opal and Topaz rooms, are pretty mediocre and nothing to rave about, although they are a reasonable size for the price. The furniture is pretty old and beat up. The bed is large but not necessarily comfortable with rather flat blankets and a not-so-soft mattress. The bathroom is pretty basic and clean with reasonable size tub and toiletries (no need to go to the convenience store). Don't expect any fancy towels, flowers and boutique stuff to make you feel like your in Wonderland. The hotel doesn't have wireless internet but every room has a LAN line connection. If you forgot to bring an ethernet cable, you'll have to go out and buy one (not available on Soi 11). The hotel doesn't have any to let you borrow. The Air Con works well and it gets cold pretty fast. One major pain are the mosquitos. I dunno how they get in but they are definitely there and it's a feeding frenzy. You will guaranteed wake up in the morning or middle of the night itchy and bumpy. The TV is not new but you do get basic cable channels
The luxurious restaurant is right next to the reception desk in Tower 1. It's very overpriced and not worth it. They have a good breakfast buffet if you're willing to fork out >$25 person. Next to Tower 3 is a German restaurant which has breakfast deals that come with your room, if pre-arranged. The breakfast choices are American, English or German style. Taste pretty good. The staff is generally friendly aside from the lady staff staring at you while you grub. They have a bunch of German language newspapers on racks nearby, but good luck trying to find a decent one in English. The German restaurant is prettty jumping at night because it has an ethnic German bar attached, a German-ish pig roast every night and full of intoxicated Germans.
The fitness center is pretty good with modern equipment. There a lot of treadmills and they all have personal TV's. There are weights and machines so you can exercise the major muscle groups. I wouldn't go as far to stay that the fitness center is "state of the art" but it's gettting there. They have a swimming pool, I have nothing to say about it.
LOCATION: Tower 3 and Tower 1&2 are on opposite sides of the street so it can be confusing when checking in. Just look for the taller tower on the right hand side coming from Sukhumvit. The location is approximately 150 meters down from Sukhumvit Road. Trust me it's a very convenient location because there are a bunch of convenience stores, laundry/cleaners, suit tailors, ATM's and travel agencies on your way to and from the hotel. The only closeby nightclub is Club Spicy which is right up the street.
OVERALL: One of the better hotels in Bangkok for under $70 a night. Rooms could use some improvements but most people visiting Bangkok don't stay in that much
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand President Bangkok is situated along Sukhumvit Soi 11 and a 5 minute walk to Nana BTS skytrain station. It is walking distance to entertainment outlets such as QBar and Bash, and a short drive to hospitals, embassies and shopping centers. This property features 437 air-conditioned rooms and suites all with a kitchenette consisting of a large fridge and microwave oven. Additional facilities include a Laundromat, 3 outdoor swimming pools, cafe with alfresco dining, sauna and steam room. Present your keycard for exclusive discounts and/or free entrance to select restaurants, bars and hospitals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Hotelopia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grand President reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand President Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand President Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Grand President Hotel