“MANY MANY KUDOS TO ALL THE STAFF OF THE HOTEL”
Review of Grand President

Grand President
Ranked #703 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
BOM
“MANY MANY KUDOS TO ALL THE STAFF OF THE HOTEL”
Reviewed 16 October 2009

We had a great hospitality received by all the staff from various Departments during our stay at Hotel. Due to some personal reasons we had to extend our stay in the hotel, during that period All the reception staff,Duty managers, All the staff from Business centre,concierge offered us full co-operation&kept our moral boost up at everystep because of which we were able to face the difficult time we arrived at. Once again many many kudos to all staff of the Hotel who made our stay very pleasant & comfortable.
ARUN & MADHURI KAKADE.

• Liked — GOOD HOSPITALITY
  • Disliked — NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
oxford
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Stayed one night,that was enough.Sure the staff are helpful and polite,but the room we had was not good.2 small twin beds ,1 small window with no view.Stayed in tower 3 not too far but had to walk along a side street to get to it Had to walk in the pouring rain to get to breakfast and checkout,not what i expect from a 4 star hotel.
Saying that it has a good location near to nana bts and sunkovit rd.Maybe better if you stayed in main block i don,t know but i stayed in 3 hotels here and this is the worst so far ,there are plenty of better hotels out there.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Sri Lanka
Reviewed 14 October 2009

when we planned our trip to bangkok, one thing we were really worried was the language. The worry became a night mare with the driver who picked us from airport not been able to muster anything in english.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the girl who atteneded to me at the reservation desk speaking near perfect english. she was very courteous and helpful. i had arrived early, therfore was asked to be seated. but within minutes she was ready with a room for me.

next morning our plan was to do some shopping. she was there after breakfast enquiring from us about the food, about the service etc with a pleasant smile. i asked her about few locations for shopping, since i did not want to spend too much on brands. She came up with a map and marked the locations for me. wrote the names in a peice of paper in the local language to be given to taxi drivers.

i missed her on the day of departure. the girl was wearing gray coloured suit. the hotel cordinated with my travel agency for my transport.

one bad comment is i was told that my package didnot allow me to access internet even from the lobby area, although there was a board saying internet in lobby areas is free. i thought this age of IT technology, internet access should be free.

i stayed at tower 3, which i suppose is the cheapest area. even then i do not have anything complain. service was prompt when i asked for anything.

i do not hessitate to recommend Grand President to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I would love to give the Grand President a glowing review and I was going to until we stayed there the second time.

We arrived at the Grand President late and were greeted very warmly by all the staff. We were told our room was upgraded, not necessary but a bonus nonetheless. Our room was in Tower 3 which is across the street from the main building.

The room was simple and clean with a nice view of Soi 11 leading up to Sukhumvit. The room was quiet from other hotel noise but not from the peacocks who reside in a hotel across the street. They woke very early and were very, very noisy. This is not the fault of the Grand President and we do not hold these early morning wake-up calls against them.

The hotel’s buffet breakfast was pricey considering the room rate but well done and satisfying. I suggest the breakfast at the German Beerhouse on the main floor of the Grand President Tower 3.

The location was fantastic. A short stroll from Sukhumvit, which is a very busy street in Bangkok. The Asok skytrain station was very close, very handy. The stalls, merchants and food carts along Soi 11 and Sukhumvit never left us wanting. We spent a lot of time down here. You can always find a meter-taxi or tuk-tuk available.

When we checked out we asked if we could store our luggage for one night before we returned for our second stay. This was complementary and the staff said they were very happy to do so.

Eight days later we returned to the Grand President, I’m sad to say this stay was not a pleasant as the first. The staff again was very friendly, the receptionists recognized us which is a lovely feeling. Our room was a standard room, still simple and clean. The bed was very firm and was on rollers. Every time we went to get into bed the whole thing would roll away from the wall. There was no view this time, not a concern for us. However this room was right beside the elevator and there was noise from their and our neighbours constantly. The phone in the next room rang so loudly we thought it was ours and went to answer it.

Our biggest disappointment and shock came from when we were holding the elevator for 2 more people. The door continued to close with my arm in it. Every elevator I’ve been in registers when the doors are not fully closed and reopen. These ones did not. My hand was stuck, we couldn’t pry open the door, of course I was panicking. Finally after some button pushing the door reopened. Immediately after I had a deep and tender bruise. I would hate to think what would happen if a child happened to get caught. I realize this seems like a silly mistake on my part however it was an action I’ve performed hundreds of times before without incident. We spoke with the Duty Manager who seemed a tad concerned; however I’m not sure she quite understood what we were saying to her. After this incident I recalled how the night before the bellman had the luggage cart in the elevator doorway and the doors were battering against the cart. A hazard.

The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean. Other than the cost of breakfast and the elevator incident we enjoyed our stay.

bangalore
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We were put up in tower 3 which is across the road from reception.
But the hotel facilities were gud ..
Breakfast was very gud.
The best part about the hotel is its location.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — tower 3 is across the road from reception
India
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I've just returned from a trip to Bangkok. Stayed at the Grand President for 3 days. It's a great place, very close to the train station and on a street with lots of action. You can get food, there are massage parlours, internet centres and convenience stores all on the same street. Stayed in Tower 3, did not have a view but I loved the room - the space, the facilities and the cleanliness.

The day I checked out, I'd forgotten my cell phone in the room and left for the airport. On the way I found that I did not have my cell with me, so I called the hotel and came back to get it. This was more than 3 hours after I'd checked out. The reception immediately called the housekeeping and had one of their staff bring my phone over. I really appreciate their promptness and service attitude. Losing my phone just before I left would have soured my memories of the trip. :-)

I'd definitely recommend this place to all tourists.

• Liked — Cleanliness and location
  • Disliked — Lack of a view
  • Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NBBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this review, 12 October 2009
Dear Indiglo17,

Thank you for your kind comments on the Grand President.
We are glad to hear that you have appreciated our property' s convenient location in the midst of a very happening street as well as the service provided by our team.
We have well noted that you have been a little disappointed by the lack of view from your room at Tower 3 and would recommend booking our rooms located on the higher floors which will provide a better view.
Thank you for recommending the Grand President to fellow travellers.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Nathalie Burtin
HongKong
Reviewed 4 October 2009

First I must say that I am an Australian (with German standards) Director in a Doctorate position who travels about 4 month per year for business and pleasure. I have stayed at many hotels all over the world. The Grand President has met my expectations to the fullest both times I have stayed there. The service is excellent, breakfast is also great and changes every day a bit, so that it is not getting boring, even if staying for a longer period of time. I've gotten any possible help I could ask for, communication of management was better than great and I felt to have been specially cared for by the duty Manager Mr. Sittichai Anunthasuk. I also helped a young couple with an internet booking error. The hotel has treated this couple as good as me and solved their problems at once. I booked the same hotel again after returning from Cambodia. They have offered to keep the same room available for me. I want to speak up for this hotel and suggest it to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay. Not just for business, but also for any other reason. This hotel got it all and is a bargain for the price.
They made my stay more than enjoyable and have put for me the dot on the i.
Thank you Grand President Hotel BKK, Thailand....

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Dear Malisandro,

Thank you for choosing the Grand President for your last stay in Bangkok and thank you for your very kind feedback.
We are glad to hear that the Grand President has met your expectations and that your have enjoyed the quality of our Breakfast Buffet served at Cafe 11 and the service provided by our dedicated team and namely K. Sittichai.
Thank you again for recommending the Grand President to both business and leisure travellers.
We look forward to welcoming you back again shortly.
Warm regards,