“The songkran trip !”

Ranked #692 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
New Delhi, India
“The songkran trip !”
Reviewed 16 February 2010

We booked a serviced apartment at this hotel which had 3 rooms which comfortably accommodated the 8 of us, the rooms are quite cozy yet spacious, with the balcony interconnecting all three rooms and a nice kitchen and a huge living area, we felt totally at home.

• Liked — Value for Money
  • Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Astana
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I stayed at the Grand President for nearly a month while I was being treated at Bumrungrad Hospital which is nearby. I was thoroughly impressed. The room was clean and well appointed, the hotel's location was perfect, lots of restaurants and entertainment nearby. But the staff was the best part, they were ALL wonderful! So helpful, kind, and thoughtful. Thank you for making my visit very comfortable and easy.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Shortly after arrival in Bangkok I became very ill from food eaten elswhere, not at the Grand President. I was confined to my suite, a Deluxe suite, for two days due to my condition. I contacted the hotel reception and inquired about medical attention. Shortly after the call the night manager came to my room to check on me and gave me advise concerning medical facilities and offered to do what I needed. The manager then escorted me to a local pharmacy a very short distance from the hotel, where I purchased medicine for my illness. He stayed with me at the pharmacy and walked with me back to my room. He then made sure I had enough liquids, water, sodas, etc, I needed. He advised to call reception if my condition became worse. The next day he again checked on me several times to see how I was doing. Later the second day I was able to eat a small meal in the restaurant, which was very good. All the staff in the hotel were very courteous to me and the apperance of the hotel was clean and comfortable. My room was in tower 2 and very nice. I will stay again for sure on my next trip to Bangkok. I highly recommend this hotel for comfort and price!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Sri Lanka
Reviewed 7 February 2010

I was there in this hotel with my wife in November,2009 & the room was quite comfortable, & the service was great. The Indian Chef was taking great trouble to promote his special dishes to my wife who enjoyed her stay too.Thailand is like my second home & I have stayed in many hotels before.But I like this hotel & would stay there again.
Mr. & Mrs. Lalin Ferdinando-Sri Lanka

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
NBBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this review, 12 February 2010
Dear Lalaan,

Thank you for your kind comments on your last stay at the Grand President.
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the room and the friendly service provided by our team and especially our Chef Arijit's speciality dishes.
We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the Grand President in the near future.
Kind regards,

India
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I stayed here for 2 days with my spouse for my honeymoon. They gave us a room in Tower 3, which was a very depressing looking room and hotel. It looked like an very old room, with lots of empty shelves and blocks.
The bathroom was extremely small too.
I would never stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Colombo
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I was in this hotel for 3 days and found it secure, clean, helpful and respectful.
I must appreciate the Staff for their reaching out to me at all times.
Among them, I must mention in a special way the help I received from the Business Centre a highly personalised help, when I ran into difficulties re my flight. For several hours the lady at the Business Centre kept at it until i was assured of my seat.
I have travelled regularly, over the last 30 years or so, and this is the first time a staff member has gone out of the way to assure my flight needs.
I also would like to thank all the other staff for being so polite and courteous, especially the manager of tower 3.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Dear Frank31Colombo,

Thank you for your feedback on the Grand President.
We are glad to hear that our Business centre team was able to assist you with your travel needs and that you have appreciated your overall stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back again shortly.
Kind regards,

Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 31 January 2010

We stayed one night in a Standardroom located in Tower 3 and that was ok but not more. If You just sleep and eat breakfast I reccomend a Standardroom.
Then we moved to a DeLuxe Suite in Tower 2 and it was excellent. It had everything that we could need incl. washingmachine. The kitchenette have all You can need if You want to cook Your own food. The bedroom was big and had wardrobes along one wall.
The service was excellent. The breakfastbuffé was superb and they refilled all the time until they closed so there where no empty bowls or plates.
The pool in Tower 2 where clean and inviting You for a dip in the pool.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
NBBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this review, 1 February 2010
Dear Chryzaliz,

Thank you for your feedback on your last stay at the Grand President.
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the accommodation, especially the Deluxe suite at Tower 2, the Buffet Breakfast and the friendly service provided by our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again to our property in the near future.
Warm regards,