Grand President
US$268
US$241
Okura Hotels
1,823 results
All reviewsgerman beer housedeluxe suitenana bts stationstandard roomnight lifeliving roomrestaurants and barssukhumvit roadbuffet breakfaststreet foodrooftop pooltrainnightlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2010

We have been staying at GP quite many times during last years. First time it was OK but our last staying was a real disappointment. I know they paint and repair to keep the hotel in good condition but THEY SHOULD TELL TO CUSTOMERS that the whole floor is under repair just under your room ... This year I am sure there was some mold coming from the AC because I have ashtma and I got a serious lung infection and had to go to hospital. Yes, the staff is friendly, they are trying their best but isn´t it time to hire people who can SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND ENGLISH? Breakfast is OK until now, the restaurant foods are OK with reasonable prices and there´s the whole Sukhumvit to explore near you. But the room conditions are not good and theyt give you a smokers room and you have to complain and they charge too much because of BAD ENGLISH etc. This year my little daughter, 7 years old, also saw a "disturbing" scenery from our window. We were staying very close to the pool and she saw "a couple" making love their with all the details... I reported it to the staff but what can you do in a country where prostitution is a part of the infrastructure, as humiliating and horrible it is. My daughter was pretty upset and so was I. Can´t they do it inside their rooms? Well, regarding all of these little happenings, there is still something special in GP but next time we´ll try to latest one just next to the Grand Old President.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
NBBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2010

Dear HoboWorld,

Thank you for your valuable comments and thank you for your frequent stays at the Grand President.
We were pleased to hear that you always appreciate the good location of our property as well as our very friendly team.
Please be informed that all employees joining our team are very qualified and that yearly English training is arranged throughout the year by the property to ensure a good level of service at all times; we would like to sincerely apologize if you have encountered any miscommunications during your last stay with us.
The rooms are indeed being renovated on a regular basis to ensure our comfort standards are maintained and we would like to apologzie for any inconvenience caused.
We strongly value your patronage and do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back again shortly.
Kind regards,

Nathalie Burtin

Reviewed 16 February 2010

We booked a serviced apartment at this hotel which had 3 rooms which comfortably accommodated the 8 of us, the rooms are quite cozy yet spacious, with the balcony interconnecting all three rooms and a nice kitchen and a huge living area, we felt totally at home.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I stayed at the Grand President for nearly a month while I was being treated at Bumrungrad Hospital which is nearby. I was thoroughly impressed. The room was clean and well appointed, the hotel's location was perfect, lots of restaurants and entertainment nearby. But the staff was the best part, they were ALL wonderful! So helpful, kind, and thoughtful. Thank you for making my visit very comfortable and easy.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Shortly after arrival in Bangkok I became very ill from food eaten elswhere, not at the Grand President. I was confined to my suite, a Deluxe suite, for two days due to my condition. I contacted the hotel reception and inquired about medical attention. Shortly after the call the night manager came to my room to check on me and gave me advise concerning medical facilities and offered to do what I needed. The manager then escorted me to a local pharmacy a very short distance from the hotel, where I purchased medicine for my illness. He stayed with me at the pharmacy and walked with me back to my room. He then made sure I had enough liquids, water, sodas, etc, I needed. He advised to call reception if my condition became worse. The next day he again checked on me several times to see how I was doing. Later the second day I was able to eat a small meal in the restaurant, which was very good. All the staff in the hotel were very courteous to me and the apperance of the hotel was clean and comfortable. My room was in tower 2 and very nice. I will stay again for sure on my next trip to Bangkok. I highly recommend this hotel for comfort and price!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2010

I was there in this hotel with my wife in November,2009 & the room was quite comfortable, & the service was great. The Indian Chef was taking great trouble to promote his special dishes to my wife who enjoyed her stay too.Thailand is like my second home & I have stayed in many hotels before.But I like this hotel & would stay there again.
Mr. & Mrs. Lalin Ferdinando-Sri Lanka

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
NBBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2010

Dear Lalaan,

Thank you for your kind comments on your last stay at the Grand President.
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the room and the friendly service provided by our team and especially our Chef Arijit's speciality dishes.
We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the Grand President in the near future.
Kind regards,