“Great Hotel!”
Review of Grand President

Grand President
Ranked #725 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 13 March 2010

I stay many times in this hotel and it is absolute value for money. Very kindly staff , clean , great and big rooms, with a nice vieuw if you stay in the high floors..

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 March 2010

I always stay at this hotel when visiting Bangkok. The staff are friendly and make me feel at home, the food is delicious, and it's centered in the business district. Easy access to Skytrain, too.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2010

been staying here for the last 6 years one week every year ,absolutely no complaints except for them totaly ignoring my return customer status ,but i like the place ,good food ,rooms ,service,travel desk,cheuffers everybody is just excellent....

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Hi Friends,
It was my first honeymoon after wedding. I and my wife stayed here for 2 days. Our agent (Thai Vision Holidays) booked this hotel for us.. The staff here was not that co-operative. They gave us the accommodation in Tower 3 which is really worst. The lane for going to Tower3 is too smelly(especially in the evening).
We were happy when one of the Duty Manager Mr.Anan helped us and gave us a good room. But again that was in Tower3. No doubt the room was really good with all the necessary amenities inside (TV, FRIDGE, MICROWAVE, Good Modular Kitchen, Bath tub in the bathroom, bed was a bit small.

The swimming pool really needs a maintainance. It has less space to walk around the pool area.
Breakfast was quite ok (not that good too). But the staff at the restaurant was helpful.

This hotel is in between the city and in a busiest road, too much noise of the traffic. I requested them to give the accommodation to us in a good room and in Tower 1 OR 2. Which they didn't. I think they should train the front office staff to be more quicker in service and be more proactive (But Mr.Anan helped us there).

However I and my wife enjoyed in bangkok but NOT more than Pattaya. Pattaya was real awesum...
In Bangkok the safari world and Marine park is really too good.

Best Regards!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I am very happy to of stayed at The Grand President and it was a well Grand stay.
The room was a great size was more the enough for what I needed quiet and had all the amanitas that I wanted.
The first thing that I was Impressed about was staff and there level of English. They were all so friendly and always happy to help you form reckoning a great place to eat to opening the door. I want to give a special mention to Nut the young man that is working in the gym he was nice enough to be my personal trainer and was I was staying at the Grand President.

Next thing that I was happy with was the food in the Café 11 the breakfasts were world class a full Grand President with everything that you could want and they even cook your eggs to order. The Grand buffet lunches are the same and are very cheap worth a look if you don’t feel like venturing out from the hotel.
And the dinners were so nice to if you are going to order something form the grill you were love it.

I would and will stay only at the Grand President when in Bangkok on business or on holiday and would reckoned it to any one that in traveling Bangkok.
I have stared at a lot of other hotels around the world and in Bangkok and will stay here from now on every time in come back to Bangkok.
I am sure that you would enjoy your stay as much as I did.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2010

Good hotel near metro and activities! Recommend for any purposes

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2010

We have been staying at GP quite many times during last years. First time it was OK but our last staying was a real disappointment. I know they paint and repair to keep the hotel in good condition but THEY SHOULD TELL TO CUSTOMERS that the whole floor is under repair just under your room ... This year I am sure there was some mold coming from the AC because I have ashtma and I got a serious lung infection and had to go to hospital. Yes, the staff is friendly, they are trying their best but isn´t it time to hire people who can SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND ENGLISH? Breakfast is OK until now, the restaurant foods are OK with reasonable prices and there´s the whole Sukhumvit to explore near you. But the room conditions are not good and theyt give you a smokers room and you have to complain and they charge too much because of BAD ENGLISH etc. This year my little daughter, 7 years old, also saw a "disturbing" scenery from our window. We were staying very close to the pool and she saw "a couple" making love their with all the details... I reported it to the staff but what can you do in a country where prostitution is a part of the infrastructure, as humiliating and horrible it is. My daughter was pretty upset and so was I. Can´t they do it inside their rooms? Well, regarding all of these little happenings, there is still something special in GP but next time we´ll try to latest one just next to the Grand Old President.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
NBBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2010

Dear HoboWorld,

Thank you for your valuable comments and thank you for your frequent stays at the Grand President.
We were pleased to hear that you always appreciate the good location of our property as well as our very friendly team.
Please be informed that all employees joining our team are very qualified and that yearly English training is arranged throughout the year by the property to ensure a good level of service at all times; we would like to sincerely apologize if you have encountered any miscommunications during your last stay with us.
The rooms are indeed being renovated on a regular basis to ensure our comfort standards are maintained and we would like to apologzie for any inconvenience caused.
We strongly value your patronage and do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back again shortly.
Kind regards,