“Comfortable and affordable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #223 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
New Delhi, India
“Comfortable and affordable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I initially planned for a 2 day stay but ended up staying for 7 days. Location is quite good. Rooms spacious but showed signs of age, but nothing to spoil your vacation. Bathroom needed some renovation as while taking bath using shower, no matter how much care is taken, water tends to wet the floor area outside the bath tub and shows very slow draining. Otherwise, I had no problems. Would like to come back for another stay.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
WindsorSuitesBKK, Director of Operations at Hotel Windsor Suites & Convention Bangkok, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Windsor Suites Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Great service all the way, Location close to Skytrain and the Metro, Very nice staff, pool is like a small oasis in the center of Bangkok and the late Check Out (incl. in the Price) is very nice when you have a late night flight to catch.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom Family room is perfect for a Family of 4 and gave access to the VIP breakfast on the 32. f...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Greeting from Windsor Suites Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback in regards the level of service at Reception, room spacious, big bathroom and well organize, cozy bed and pillow, nice clock radio, fancy design, great buffet breakfast, food variety and safety and security at night time. Your feedback not only endorse such belief and are great testimony to our associate but will also serve an inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which we are renowned.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Windsor Suites Hotel Bangkok again hopefully very soon.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights on business as part of an event that happened in one of the hotel's conference rooms. A large hotel, it has many services on offer, including ironing board & iron, which was useful to me. The in-house Japanese restaurant had a decent all-you-can-eat dinner buffet, especially if you're a seafood lover. The morning breakfast buffet was also pretty good and the two lunch buffets I had were great - big variety of tasty food. I didn't try out the pool or gym, so can't comment on those. The main lobby also has performances in the evening - usually a singer and pianist, though not sure if this happens every night. My room was clean & large, with powerful aircon, and was very quiet at night (i.e. no hallway or street noises for the most part). A great location also - in the heart of Sukhumvit and close to Asok BTS. So, a pretty good hotel in general.

However, for a business traveller, this hotel had a *major* failing in terms of its generally terrible wifi service. As I mentioned, we had a conference in one of the hotel's conference rooms, and everyone was complaining about how bad the wifi was, both in their rooms and in the conference room itself. The hotel has many different wifi channels - several for each floor, yet I never had any success with getting fast service from any of the channels that were supposedly targeted at the floor I was on. In my room, I only had success in getting decent speed from a channel coming from the floor above me, though it still wasn't great, and in the conference room, I could barely get any connection at all and it often disconnected. Again, I was not the only one experiencing this - all of the other conference attendees I talked to about it were also complaining. This is a serious failing for an otherwise good hotel, and should dissuade any business traveller from staying here until they commit to upgrading their service!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WindsorSuitesBKK, Director of Operations at Hotel Windsor Suites & Convention Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Value Guest,

May I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Windsor Suites Hotel and for the time that you have taken to share your constructive feedback with us.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed the restaurant buffet. However, I am concerned to read that the quality of internet connection had not met your expectations. Your constructive feedback has been shared with the concerned Department Heads for further improvement. As we are now doubled our Internet user with a plan to increase 100% Wi-Fi coverage in rooms as well as function area. Theimprovement on Wi-Fi coverage should be available from January 2014, may I invite you to try the new facilities for you next stay.

I do hope that in spite of the incident, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Windsor Suites Hotel in the future.

With Kind Regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely ideal to explore the delights of Bangkok, perfectly located right in the heart of the city but still quiet enough for couples or families, staff very courteous and the pool on the 14th floor is maybe a bit small but it never gets busy...and only paid £290 for a nine night stay in October this year...best hotel I've stayed in for quite a while and the only one I'll ever use again on my frequent trips here...first rate indeed and highly recommended

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Neil E
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Windsor Suites Hotel as your hotel of choice for your recent visit. We also thank you for having taken the time to share your views of your recent stay at our hotel.

It really motivates our team members to read that you consider Windsor Suites Hotel is the only one you will use again on your trip. What can we say other than thank you very much for such generous words, and for sharing these with the travelling public.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back once again to Windsor Suites Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Olongapo, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

My experience was very pleasant from check in until check out. No hassles at all. This was the fourth time that I have stayed there in a row while in Bangkok. It is super convenient to everything and walking distance to the SOI COWBOY aka CYCLEBOY. The room was spacious and clean. I recommend the Windsor to everyone. late night returns to your room can get confusing only four of the six elevators go to the guest floors. perhaps larger signs could help guest use the correct elevators.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

WindsorSuitesBKK, Director of Operations at Hotel Windsor Suites & Convention Bangkok, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is very nice to read of your praise for the hotel with regards to our Frond Desk service and accommodation. Naturally it was sad to read of your confusion with regards to the elevator. This is certainly not typical of our general guest experience and please rest assured that, we understand clearly the need for a larger sign for elevators.

I will certainly share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Yours sincerely,

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Windsor Hotel - My choice of accommodation in BKK. I had previously stayed in this awesome hotel during my monthly travel to BKK from June to Oct. I had stayed more than 30 nights in total. My mate, Ms Atitaya applied the member card on my behalf. I can tell everyone that it was great and convenient having the member card.

Throughout my stay, I had encountered problems but they are quickly ratified by the staff from various department. The staff at the reception are readily to provide accurate and helpful information. The bell services are quick and always there to give u a hand. The staff at the restaurant are always keen to help us. I had stayed in the Pano Suites, that is always located in the corner of the upper level. Room is huge and clean. It has a separate living area. The room comes with 2 complimentary bottled water everyday and plenty of toiletries. Check-in was fast for me. There is also 2 complimentary drinks at the lounge area for us.

Despite all the positive services i have gotten from Windsor Hotel, there is still 2 areas of improvement that i hope to see in the future. Firstly, the omelette is prepared beforehand and kept at warm temperature under the spotlight. I personally feel that omelette is a important breakfast item in all hotel as i will judge the breakfast buffet based on the omelette. I would hope Windsor Cafe can prepare fresh n hot omelette. This would be a great selling point in the future. Secondly, there is a need to improve the current hygienic and condition of the swimming pool. The poor was relatively dirty with flies and dried leaves floating on the surface of the water. I withdraw out of the pool within 10mins.

Overall, Windsor Hotel is a great hotel that provide excellent services with huge room at a affordable price. It has become my no.1 stop when i stay at BKK.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

It really motivates our team members to read that you comment and hope that Windsor Suites Hotel was your home away from home. What can we say other than thank you very much for such generous words, and for sharing these with the travelling public.

We appreciate your detailed review about the omelet at Windsor Cafe. We would like you to try our Executive Lounge breakfast as we have our cook stand by at the egg station on your next visit.Indeed it was sad to read of your comments with regards to the hygienic of the swimming pool. This feedback is extremely abnormal given our hotel has such a professional approach to pool cleaning.We have however already shared your comment with our team to ensure that we take your feedback and action to correct the problem.

Kind Regards,

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed at the Windsor Suites from 12th October to 15th October,2013 and assure you that we wont be going back. It flatters to deceive and the best thing about the hotel is its website and photo gallery.
The staff is unfriendly and unhelpful and you would regret asking them for any directions.For any road directions or advice, the attitude was a very clear "Do not disturb". One is not looked upon as anything other than a dollar bill.
We were given to believe that there would be no charge on our credit card at the time of booking, rather the same was purely for confirmation of booking. This itself was a false statement, as we were charged for one day stay, the moment the booking was made.
When we reached the hotel to check in, we were made to cough up the entire amount due as "security deposit"- in cash! When we pointed out that we were supposed to make payment only after our stay, the reply was that could not be accepted because apparently their Xerox machine is unable to make a copy of glossy credit cards!!
Their swimming pool and gym is tokenism for a star rating and the "jacuzzi"is a joke. Their food very ordinary and if you're a vegetarian, then may as well carry your food, as the buffet breakfast does not have cheese!
Finally, on the day of our check out, the driver we booked (we had an early morning flight) did not turn up. When I got myself another Taxi from outside, the receptionist was very curt in telling me that I should show courtesy toward the driver and wait for half an hour- the time the driver said he would take to reach from his house, as he had overslept!
This was the final icing on the cake and just about summed up our experience!!!

Room Tip: Nothing- it should be avoided at all costs. And do not be misled by the photo gallery. They are morp...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank alucard1975
WindsorSuitesBKK, Director of Operations at Hotel Windsor Suites & Convention Bangkok, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are deeply troubled to hear that our staff was not friendly and unhelpful. There are no excuses and I would like to sincerely apologize. We will certainly address your comments with our Team and rest assured we will endeavor to improve in this area.

My only regret is that you did not make a complaint to the Manager whilst you were staying at the hotel, as then we would have been able to rectify the problem immediately and made your stay more pleasant and comfortable.

Regarding your “Security Deposit” our staff may not explain to you clearly that the hotel do accept credit card for deposit, but in your case it was Debit Card.

I have personally investigated about the driver in question. The transfer and the driver you mentioned were from an outside company. They do not have anything to do with the hotel. Our receptionist was trying to assist you with the transfer you arranged yourself.

In the Hotel and Tourism industry cross-cultural communication can often lead to misunderstandings, which may have been the case in this incident. We are sure you will appreciate the fact that it is an obvious upsetting situation for all of us.

Unfortunately, we cannot turn back the clock and can only hope we have the chance to
welcome you back in the future to show the impact your comments have made. Thank you again.

Best Regards,

Director of Operations

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels