“Nice Surprice”

Ranked #222 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Banglamung
“Nice Surprice”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Frankly speaking considering the price I just expected a nice and clean room but to my surprise it was a very spacey suite on the 21 floor with all amenities someone expects. Staff has been very friendly from the bellboy to the reception and parking was easy really in front of the hotel. Opposite of the hotel is a famous German restaurant which had a "Little Oktoberfest" serving original Oktoberfest beer made my stay even more exiting.
Coming back is definitely an option.

Room Tip: As always rooms on a high floor and far from the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Samut
WindsorSuitesBKK, Director of Operations at Executive Club at Windsor, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciated your comments regarding your stay at the Windsor Suites Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive constructive feedback.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Room number : 525

When i forgot the passport, money and etc. they informed to me quick and did a good correspondence.
It was scheduled to go home today, it was very helpful.
I think response was so good, we want to use the next time.
Thank you very much.

• Stayed November 2013
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I initially planned for a 2 day stay but ended up staying for 7 days. Location is quite good. Rooms spacious but showed signs of age, but nothing to spoil your vacation. Bathroom needed some renovation as while taking bath using shower, no matter how much care is taken, water tends to wet the floor area outside the bath tub and shows very slow draining. Otherwise, I had no problems. Would like to come back for another stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Windsor Suites Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Great service all the way, Location close to Skytrain and the Metro, Very nice staff, pool is like a small oasis in the center of Bangkok and the late Check Out (incl. in the Price) is very nice when you have a late night flight to catch.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom Family room is perfect for a Family of 4 and gave access to the VIP breakfast on the 32. f...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Greeting from Windsor Suites Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback in regards the level of service at Reception, room spacious, big bathroom and well organize, cozy bed and pillow, nice clock radio, fancy design, great buffet breakfast, food variety and safety and security at night time. Your feedback not only endorse such belief and are great testimony to our associate but will also serve an inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which we are renowned.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Windsor Suites Hotel Bangkok again hopefully very soon.

London
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights on business as part of an event that happened in one of the hotel's conference rooms. A large hotel, it has many services on offer, including ironing board & iron, which was useful to me. The in-house Japanese restaurant had a decent all-you-can-eat dinner buffet, especially if you're a seafood lover. The morning breakfast buffet was also pretty good and the two lunch buffets I had were great - big variety of tasty food. I didn't try out the pool or gym, so can't comment on those. The main lobby also has performances in the evening - usually a singer and pianist, though not sure if this happens every night. My room was clean & large, with powerful aircon, and was very quiet at night (i.e. no hallway or street noises for the most part). A great location also - in the heart of Sukhumvit and close to Asok BTS. So, a pretty good hotel in general.

However, for a business traveller, this hotel had a *major* failing in terms of its generally terrible wifi service. As I mentioned, we had a conference in one of the hotel's conference rooms, and everyone was complaining about how bad the wifi was, both in their rooms and in the conference room itself. The hotel has many different wifi channels - several for each floor, yet I never had any success with getting fast service from any of the channels that were supposedly targeted at the floor I was on. In my room, I only had success in getting decent speed from a channel coming from the floor above me, though it still wasn't great, and in the conference room, I could barely get any connection at all and it often disconnected. Again, I was not the only one experiencing this - all of the other conference attendees I talked to about it were also complaining. This is a serious failing for an otherwise good hotel, and should dissuade any business traveller from staying here until they commit to upgrading their service!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
WindsorSuitesBKK, Director of Operations at Executive Club at Windsor, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Value Guest,

May I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Windsor Suites Hotel and for the time that you have taken to share your constructive feedback with us.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed the restaurant buffet. However, I am concerned to read that the quality of internet connection had not met your expectations. Your constructive feedback has been shared with the concerned Department Heads for further improvement. As we are now doubled our Internet user with a plan to increase 100% Wi-Fi coverage in rooms as well as function area. Theimprovement on Wi-Fi coverage should be available from January 2014, may I invite you to try the new facilities for you next stay.

I do hope that in spite of the incident, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Windsor Suites Hotel in the future.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely ideal to explore the delights of Bangkok, perfectly located right in the heart of the city but still quiet enough for couples or families, staff very courteous and the pool on the 14th floor is maybe a bit small but it never gets busy...and only paid £290 for a nine night stay in October this year...best hotel I've stayed in for quite a while and the only one I'll ever use again on my frequent trips here...first rate indeed and highly recommended

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Neil E
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Windsor Suites Hotel as your hotel of choice for your recent visit. We also thank you for having taken the time to share your views of your recent stay at our hotel.

It really motivates our team members to read that you consider Windsor Suites Hotel is the only one you will use again on your trip. What can we say other than thank you very much for such generous words, and for sharing these with the travelling public.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back once again to Windsor Suites Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Olongapo, Philippines
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My experience was very pleasant from check in until check out. No hassles at all. This was the fourth time that I have stayed there in a row while in Bangkok. It is super convenient to everything and walking distance to the SOI COWBOY aka CYCLEBOY. The room was spacious and clean. I recommend the Windsor to everyone. late night returns to your room can get confusing only four of the six elevators go to the guest floors. perhaps larger signs could help guest use the correct elevators.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

WindsorSuitesBKK, Director of Operations at Executive Club at Windsor, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is very nice to read of your praise for the hotel with regards to our Frond Desk service and accommodation. Naturally it was sad to read of your confusion with regards to the elevator. This is certainly not typical of our general guest experience and please rest assured that, we understand clearly the need for a larger sign for elevators.

I will certainly share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.