“Worst customer service in S/E Asia.”

Hotel Windsor Suites & Convention Bangkok
Ranked #216 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“Worst customer service in S/E Asia.”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My friend  has already made a review for our expensive stay at Windsor Suites but I'd like my 2 cents worth also. We decided to stay in a double suite for a week that clearly stated max 3 people but we ended up having to pay for our third person (which ended up being hundreds) without any proper explanation as to why. We are in our 20's and were basically treated like scum from the Windsor staff, the customer service manager in particular was just awful to us, constantly speaking down his nose to us and  talking over me when I tried to ask him questions about additional fees. The room itself had a nice view but when you looked closely there was massive patches of mould left in places that I assume the cleaners presumed you couldn't see (on the floor under bathroom vanity, under all the taps, water spots on walls) there were also stains on all the furniture minus our bedding. We had a small 'living area' and the lounge and armchair were filthy. My main point however, is that during our stay I had a call from reception telling me that the 'boss' wished to meet with me and asked if I could speak with him in the next few hours. Now that day we had planned some sight-seeing so I stated that I could not today but I could the next morning. The receptionist then just told me a time in the morning which I agreed to and that was that. I thought this was a good thing as they should try to recover from leaving us with such a sour start. However it was never stated whether I was to go anywhere or if he was coming to me, so the next morning I waited for an hour in our room for either somebody to come up or reception to call to arrange a meeting place. Nothing. By this point I was so sick of spending MY time and money on this so called '4 Star' hotel that I just went out and enjoyed the rest of my day. Now after my friend reviewed I noticed that the reply stated that there was a meeting and 'we didn't show up', wow what terrible customer service, If I don't show up get your messanger to ring or make sure the message even got through. I work as a receptionist in my home country and as the old saying goes 'The customer is always right', well not at Windsor Suites. You're wrong, and if you decide to stay here then you are making the wrong decison. After 3 months all over South East Asia, staying in hotels, guesthouses, bungalows and villas alike Windsor Suites was the worst accomodation we experienced. They just want your money. Whether you have an enjoyable experience or not doesn't seem to be on their agenda. Steer clear.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Miss-n-Lola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed one year ago so read my full review from last time. This year I was given a "deluxe suite" in the main tower again, on the fifth floor. The suite outlay was the same, just a little further down. On arrival the TV channels (no flatscreen) had some white noise and not all channels were there. They fixed this the same day. The toilet was not flushing correctly during my 7 day stay and I gave up after reprting it 3 times. This time I tried the nice bakery of the hotel, great brownies! Do not use the hotel laundry, there is a one kilo for 80 baht laundry just outside the back entrance. The pool was quite cold this time, but hey, it was December. Would stay again, got my room through Agoda for 37-40 Euros a night. Extended daily, just because of the political protests in Bangkok so I was flexible to leave on short notice, without cancellations.

Room Tip: ask for a HIGH room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights with my wife on 5th Dec 2013 after staying there 3 years ago. That last stay was 1st class, could not fault it.
This time however, we booked the so say delux garden wing room, and trust me, it is far from that.
The first room we were shown was like a rabbit hutch with no window in this so say delux wing. It was not what we expected after the standard room we booked last time.
After complaining, we were offered an alternative with a window in this same wing, which is seperate by the way from the main hotel.
We were made to feel like second class guests in this wing, and it was a real haul involving two lift rides and going through reception just to get to the pool.
It seemed that if you were a business guest, or from Japan, then you where the type of guest they really wanted.
We were so upset by this, we could have stayed somewhere better, for less money, and made to feel welcome, like the first time we stayed here.
I have recommended the hotel to many people, and to be honest, the facilities are superb, but this experience did leave a bad taste.

Room Tip: Don't book the so say delux Garden Wing Room, it is far from delux.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SimonNelson
Cardiff
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This was our second visit to the Windsor Suites and we would always return to this hotel when visiting Bangkok.

Our stay this time was very much improved as we paid slightly more for a Counsellor King Suite whereas we were in the older section of the hotel during our last stay. When we made the booking, we requested a room on a high floor and were allocated room 2207 on check in, in the newer section of the hotel. Although we paid more than our last stay, the view made up for it as we had floor to ceiling windows on the 22nd floor with views over Bangkok and views of the rooftop pool of the hotel.
The room was spotlessly clean and large with a comfortable bed, a settee, a table and chairs in front of the window and tea and coffee making facilities. Some may find the furniture slightly dated, but this was not an issue for us.

We enjoyed spending evenings at the rooftop pool watching the sun go down over Bangkok. The staff were friendly but we did not have breakfast included, so I am unable to comment on this. There is also a gym that my partner used and other facilities such as a nightclub and hotel based shops but we didn’t make use of these facilities.

The hotel is in a very good location, close to the Sky Train and the Metro which makes it an ideal location for exploring Bangkok. There are bars, restaurants, shops and a night market within walking distance. This was ideal for us after exhausting days sightseeing in Bangkok and not having the energy to travel far in the evenings.

Another great stay and would recommend paying the extra for the Counsellor King Suite and requesting a room on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Request a room on one of the higher floors in the new section. We were in room 2207 which was great.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elly-Cardiff
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I went there with special discount booking directly from its website. It was very comfortable with grand room even facility is a bit old... Very convenient location from BTS and close to many shopping centers. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Savy L
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 December 2013

very conveniently located in the heart of the city.Nearby to some nice German bakery and Indian restaurant.We liked the suite and it was of high standard.The breakfast was of international quality with a variety of choices.Specially liked the location of the swimming pool.

Room Tip: Select higher floor for an excellent view especially at night.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jaggu123135
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Good for one or two nights if you are on the budget. Not that easy to find when you arrive by train.
The selling point is probably the location, but I would not stay there for longer than a couple of nights.

Room Tip: Higher floors would give better views
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple