“Been to many hotels - this one is very good”

The Twin Towers Hotel
Ranked #508 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Been to many hotels - this one is very good”
Reviewed 3 September 2011

After arrival at 9 am our room was not ready (we have paid for Superior Room) they said to come back after 1pm after other people check out. 2pm room still was not ready and we have recieved voucher for drinks at the bar. After another half an hour of waiting the staff upgraded our room to the Executive one for free. Staff is very polite, no problems at all.
Very good experience. Outside street gives you not the best impression but the location is very good. 10 minutes walt to Siam Shopping Center. Main Train Station - 15 min walk, China Town - 15 min walk. From Siam Shopping Center easy to get to the airport by train.
On the pictures I show only Standard room, we have stayed on our way back to Dubai

Room Tip: If you do not have reservation do not do it over the counter - internet cafe arround the corner and...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SlawekSawicki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Although the hotel is a little outdated it is a nice place to stay in Bangkok. Rooms are spacious but don't expect much about the bathroom which is outdated and small.

When booking ask for a room away from the high road (the hotel is located at the ring road of Bangkok) which is noisy and can be heard in yor room.

Don't book taxi's direct at the hotel but goto the street which is half the price.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Spiderglobe
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The hotel is very conveniently located near the Hualamphong railway station & a short (THB 50 to THB80 traffic dependant) taxi ride to/from the city centre. Cost to/from airport inclusive of the road tolls should within the THB300 to THB450 & takes between 45 mins to 1 & 1/2 hrs...again traffic dependant...still very cheap as its about 30km.
The rooms are huge & well equipped though there's an extra charge for tea & coffee (take your own - or there's a 7-11 store about 200 meters down the road - cheap beer too to put in your fridge!)
The hotel service is very good & the staff really are there to help.
The hotel food (pool area restaurant) is excellent & very cheap - much better quality & value than most places around the city. The breakfast is excellent - huge choice available.
The pool is a great place to chill out after a day of temple & palace visiting & the poolside bar service is great.
If you want day trips out of the city (River Kwai etc) go to Khao San Road & book there - the tours are the same but at a fraction of the cost of that sold by the hotel.
Twin Towers was a great place for us to stay - we've been there the last two times we've visited Bangkok & we'll definately be back.

Room Tip: Pre book online - late rooms/asia rooms etc & save around 50%!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JD B
ireland
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Wonderful hotel to stay in. Very clean and beautiful pool area. Would highly recommend

• Stayed August 2011
sydney
Reviewed 12 August 2011

service was great except at the buffet breakfast where they acted rude and cold some of the time it is busy in the mornings be sure to get in early.
when we arrived in the morning our room was not ready so they put us in another which was fine had two beds in it was fine cause the beds where big enough for me and my bf to share the pool is great room service is ok why order in when you can eat out lol the location was great just a tip when wanting to catch a taxi walk down the street and flag one down other wise they charge you triple and always ask for meter on or get out and get another there are so many cabs great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Celena00
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I was very impressed by the wide, carpeted lobby and it's vast soaring ceiling with shops, restaurant, bakery and shops along the sides and 2nd floor. It said to me, "oh, oh, I spent too much and it's going to cost me a lot more if I were to buy anything here!" It's only a budget hotel if you're willing to pay what I would normally spend for 2 nights elsewhere.

The room was very nicely appointed with ample air conditioning, lighting, TV with many channels and well stocked refrigerator (free water available). I bought my Diet Coke and munchies at the 7/11 up the street about a 5-7 walk. The bath was spacious enough and the water pressure and temperature was very reliable.

It's also located about a 25 minute walk (for me) from MBK and Siam Center, making it very convenient for me to hit the TOPS Supermarket in MBK for my favorite pastry in the morning or in the afternoon.

Because of a family emergency, I needed the services of a notary public and the concierge and front desk were absolutely no help. They asked to see my paperwork and did not understand what a notary public, lawyer or solicitor was. I finally went to the embassy, where after a short wait, got it notarized for $$50 (way too expensive).

There's no free wi-fi in the lobby or room and if you used their computers, be prepared to pay big bucks($$)!

In summary, would I stay here again" NO!

My brother who travels extensively through Asia turned me on to hotel near a B&B that I used to frequent, that is more than adequate for my needs at a much lower price.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I and my friends went a group tour to thailand through a travel agent at the end of the december 2010 at the very affordable price so we don't expect much from the accomodation. However, the Twin Tower did amaze me . Firstly, it is its beautiful outlook with two separate parallel tower just like twins. Secondly, regarding the room , its amenities is very modern and the room is quite spacious. Besides, this boutique hotel also offers the gym facilities and a pool right next to it. We really loved it. Although the pool is not much large ,it is very clean and had a great view over the city. The only disadvantage we could say is its location. We took taxi to the shopping mall and it takes approximately 10 minutes.The tuk tuk is quite hard to find near this hotel so it will become quite difficult to get to mall in peak hours . This time is just not too much but as compated to other hotel I stayed when i've been in bangkok, it takes longer. Anyway, it is still a very charming , boutique hotel that I would definitely recommend to everybody!!

• Stayed December 2010