“Street food”

Ranked #539 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Brisbane, Australia
“Street food”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Twin Towers is a short distance from Siam Centre. About a 15 min walk. But across the road is a row of street vendors selling authentic local food. I know its authentic because they couldnt speak English at all, and it was very spicy. It seems to be a repair and hangout for tuk-tuk and cab drivers so there are even tables and chairs.

Room Tip: Re the hotel. It has seen better days, water marks on furniture, problems with power points. Cle...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Khachaaphol K, Manager at The Twin Towers Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Twin Towers and taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. We welcome all feedback as it helps us to maintain our standards and level of customer service.

Once again thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to Twin Towers soon.

Best Regards,

Khachaaphol K.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Milford Sound
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Stayed at the Twin Towers Hotel for one night during June 2013 and was bitterly disappointed by the quality and cleanness of the rooms.

Quoting their own web site this is a " International 4-star budget hotel", but this is far from the truth.....if they think by calling themselves "budget" means they can ignore the fundamentals of running a hotel (cleanliness and reasonably maintained rooms) then they are delusional.

The room provided seemed like a step back in time of the mid-80s. The rooms were also very dirty making me cringe evening thinking about it;

* Carpets so dirty I was afraid to walk on them with my bare feet!
* Desk with drink stains from previous occupant
* Bathroom had mold on the tiles.
* Shower had limited pressure (which after my night I felt like I needed a good clean myself!)

For anyone looking for budget accommodation in Bangkok....stay well clear and look for somewhere else. Having stayed in Bangkok before there is cleaner backpacker accommodation in the city for a fraction of the cost!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Doug_MilfordSound
Khachaaphol K, Manager at The Twin Towers Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Dear Guest,

We are concerned to read about your disappointments on your recent stay at Twin Towers. Please accept our sincere apologies on your recent stay with us. This is definitely not what Twin Towers service standards are about and we are looking into each comment diligently. However, these matters have been addressed to Housekeeping department immediately for their review and take the appropriate action.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and would like to apologize once again for the unacceptable service you received. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Khachaaphol K.

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

San Francisco
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I booked this hotel through Expedia - and got a room that was very dark, dingy and falling apart. It was deceptive in the sense it looked fantastic in pictures but in reality not so. Furthermore, the price was very reasonable (~$46/night) at the time of booking but you end up paying with internet costs and breakfast. The breakfast/lunch/dinner buffets were way below average - they were elaborate with a lot of food items that were not generally the main core of a meal. The choice of in-house restaurant was also limited. It is clear that this hotel caters specifically to tourists from China - and just about everybody from China were at the hotel during my stay - which made things very-very crowded. This was the second time I stayed at this hotel and both times I booked it because the price was reasonable but I would avoid it from now on. There are much better options in Bangkok for this price range.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jhorell
Khachaaphol K, Manager at The Twin Towers Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2013
Dear jhorell,

Thank you for your constructive feedback, as we strive for service excellence the only way we can achieve this is by listening to our guests. Please let us extend our sincere apologies on your discomforting experience you have had with Twin Towers. Most definitely this is not what our standards stand for, and we are currently reviewing this with our team members diligently.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Location of this hotel is not very convenient for budget travellers planning to make use of the BTS/MRT everyday. On a hot day, it takes us 15mins to walk to National Stadium station and longer to find Hua Lamphong station. But if you're planning to take trains out of/into BKK from/to Hua Lamphong station, then this hotel will make more sense to stay in. Service was really a factor as expected after having read most past reviews before checking in. I arrived earlier than my friend (we took different flights) and was not sure if she has checked in before me so I asked one reception staff if he could just quickly help me check if this guest has checked in. He interrupted my queries with a 'No I can't' and then went on to explain impatiently that their computer system is 'busy'. I thought maybe he didn't understand my question so I tried to rephrase again, he answered 'No' before I could finish explaining and told me to come back after 15mins. I gave up as I was quite tired so I waited in the lobby for 10mins and decided to ask another reception staff, the lady immediately checked what I asked for!
The room we had was very spacious which was comfortable, I like the bed, dressing area and bathroom. I actually really enjoyed and looked forward to our daily breakfast and the swimming pool is ok, jus smaller than I thought the photos showed hahahaa. The concierge staff who served me was very friendly and understood my queries and helped me get to where I wanted to.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Khachaaphol K, Manager at The Twin Towers Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. We are glad to read you have enjoyed your stay with us at Twin Towers Hotel. Your comments on our team service spirit and friendliness are very rewarding and will definitely pass to them as a motivation to strive harder.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My friend & I arrived at a different timing and she asked the reception staff if I hv checked in (she qouted my name) when she got there before I did. But before she could finished her sentence, the hotel staff said a stern "No". Shocked & confused, my friend asked again, "No as in she hasnt check in or no you ..." Again, her question was being cut-off with "No, that's my answer.". How rude can a hotel staff be??!!

The rest of the stay was fairly pleasant until the last day. My checkout time was 1500hrs. At 1502hr, the electricity supply was cutoff. I thought "Wow, such efficiency!" I took my bags & lugagge to the lift lobby only to realise the lift was not working & so is the entire tower I stayed in! I can't be lugging my bags to the hotel lobby by stairs (I stayed on L6) so I returned to my room to call the operator to find out what's going on. I was told by the operator "Wait 10mins madam". I waited a full 20 over mins. Not wanting to miss my flight, I decided to go to the lift lobby again with my phone & my room keycard to find out if the lift is working. Still not working. I went back to my room only to be locked out with my bags & lugagge still inside!

Annoyed, I went down to the hotel lobby (by stairs to L5 then cross over the swimming pool to the working lift at the other tower) to find out what's going on. The staff at the reception replied, "Power shutdown for maintenance, madam." ... ...

What I'm puzzled was why weren't the hotel guests informed of this shutdown? The hotel staff's answer was as if it's a "daily thing & no big deal".

Prior to my arrival, I sent a few emails to the hotel and even posted a message on the Hotel Facebook page enquiring about airport transfer. But my enquiry was totally ignored. I don't speak Thai nor do I write Thai, so maybe that's why my enquiries were ignored.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Chiyoko56
Khachaaphol K, Manager at The Twin Towers Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Guest,
Allow us to extend our sincere apologies for the discrepancies you experienced during your stay. We strive to always deliver the highest level of services but we recognize that in this instance we did not succeed in making your stay flawless.

Your feedback is vital in our strive to continuously improve the guest experience here at The Twin Towers Hotel, Bangkok. An investigation has been conducted and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent a future occurrence. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I've been in this hotel for my weekend 2 days 1 night. First when I saw the building it's made me think that should get so many good things but no, when I walked to receptions then I can knew that I got a bad impression. The receptions not really smile and there is one guest check in before me but there are 3 receptionist and I wondered why they didn't greeting me with WAI or smile first and let me know that they're busy then I will be fine and can wait but there is nothing back to me. Just only ignored until have one guy went to talk to me and ask about my booking by done everything for RECEPTIONIST and that's bad visited for me. But a bell man he was so nice and greeting the guest with smile and I like it. At receptionist didn't inform me about where should I get a breakfast or anything everything in this hotel so terrible except bell man and staff should smile more for service job !

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank tanyanongsin
Khachaaphol K, Manager at The Twin Towers Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your constructive feedback of your recent stay at Twin Towers. We appreciate of the good things that you observe as well as areas for improvement too.

We are concerned to learn about your remarks on the receptions which did not portray the friendly and hospitable image and this matter has been addressed to the team to ensure that we are consistent in implementing the Thai hospitality to our guests at all times.

Chandigarh
Reviewed 21 March 2013

You get a very grand feeling when you enter the lobby of the hotel.. The rooms are spacious.. The cleanliness levels are good.. The staff was courteous.. We stayed there on two different instances.. For two nights on our arrival to Thailand and then for one night while boarding our return flight.. The room we got on our first stay was a lot better than the one we got during our second stay.. Though we did not get a chance to enjoy a swim in the pool.. It did look inviting with crystal clear water.. They have a poolside bar and restaurant and one can enjoy a drink while relaxing after a long day of shopping in the malls nearby.. The breakfast was wholesome and had a lot of variety.. Would love to stay again..

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Satpreet
Khachaaphol K, Manager at The Twin Towers Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear Satpreet Chandigarh,

Warm greeting and thank you having chosen Twin Towers as the choice of your recent stay for taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased to read your comments and glad that you found the service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction.

Best regards,