2 people are viewing this hotel
£32
£30
Agoda.com
£28
No fees just great deals
Volf
Poznan

Pleasant stay with picturesque view from swimming pool

Review of Furama Silom
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Sept 2012
Both the check-in and stay were without any problems. The staff was OK. The breakfast was reasonably good choice, most of the food Asian style. We really liked the swimming pool on the roof with good city panorama. It was a nice start for sightseeing. The swimming pool was big enough to swim. The rooms were nothing special but quite big. During the night we could hear some noise from the air conditions system outside but overall we had a good sleep experience there. It’s a good place to stay.
Date of stay: September 2012
    £104
2.6 miles from Furama Silom
View more hotels in Bangkok
2,688 results
All reviews deluxe room rooftop pool patpong night market walking distance big room top floor breakfast buffet tuk tuk silom skytrain gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2012

stayed here in June 2012 for 3 nights before flying to melbourne. I booked this hotel with my partner as somewhere to relax before we continued our world journey. It was pretty much perfect. excellent service, great rooms (free upgrade) and close to the sky train which will take you all over this great city. I would go back again if I was staying in the area, as it has everything you need for a few nights in Silom.

Room tip: Just ask for if they will upgrade you for free.....it worked for me. All they can say is no ; )
Date of stay: June 2012
3  Thank Padwala
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My partner and I stayed here in July 2012 and had a wonderful stay. The staff were friendly, attentive and spoke excellent English. The rooms were spotlessly clean, very large and modern with contemporary amenities and an immaculate bathroom. A key feature was the hotel’s rooftop swimming pool which offers breathtaking views over the Bangkok skyline… and at night gave us the chance to take a relaxing dip while watching the sun set over the city – amazing! The food was fantastic, free wi-fi was available and it makes a great base from which to explore Thailand’s vibrant capital. I look forward to re-visiting this hotel when I am next in Bangkok.

Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank Matthew D
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights as we arrived from Europe to Bangkok and it was lovely. It was an oasis of quiet in a chaotic city. Rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated and in the breakfast buffet you can find something for every taste.
On top of all, there's a pool over the hotel with a view on the Silom. Another plus is it's proximity to the river, where one can take a bus boat for little money and avoid the infernal traffic.
The one negative point (there's always something) is that the pool was only open until 8 pm, so when we got back from eating dinner, it was mostly closed.

Room tip: we stayed on the 16th floor and had a lovely view.
Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This was my second stay at the hotel this year. Both times I booked a superior room. It seems the first time I was upgraded to a deluxe room which was great. This time I stayed in a superior room and I didn´t like it at all. The fridge was empty; there was no kettle ; the furniture was worn out. The bathroom was very old and completely flooded after a shower ( that's perhaps why there's a step when you enter the bathroom...). These are certainly not characteristics of a superior room in a 4 star hotel!
The reception staff was very unfriendly apart from a young girl who tried to do her best.
I really don't recommend it and I won't stay there again as there are many choices, and better ones, in Bangkok

Room tip: If you insist on staying at Furama avoid superior rooms
Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I was at this hotel from 13 June to 16 June 2012. Had booked online as I had got a good deal ( apparently!). I reached very early, obviously the hotel is not bound to check you in 5 hours in advance but if you are a decent star hotel and if you have rooms vacant, wouldn't you do it! They won't because they are expecting a guest to say " I am willing to pay extra for an early check in".

Ok, so then at about 10.30 am after being in the lobby for over 3 hours I was shown my room, absolutely, shabby outdated sub standard room with 20 sqft toilet space. The pretext was that this is the room we had sold online!I had seen such reviews but wonder why I took a chance.

Once I said I am willing to pay extra they showed me a modern room on the top floor with Full Glass Bathroom

This room was good but there is strict rationing of toiletries, tea bags etc.This room had a good city view too. Other side has a " CEMETERY VIEW" if you like.

Absolutely no food that Indian vegetarians can have not even good fruits and juices, leave alone other things.

Duty Managers are a sarcastic lot who show absolute displeasure in talking to Indians and behaving as if they come from the 1st world!

All in all it was an experience that I could have avoided but then would have never learnt about the FURAMA group..

All the best to them

Room tip: Get roadside rooms and dont book online or else you will be taken for a ride
Date of stay: June 2012