Visited Bangkok 10 May 2014 - 13 May 2014 and stayed at Furama Silom, Deluxe Room.
We booked our room through Expedia.com at a very good rate with breakfast included. On the day of arrival, we were given a room with twin beds, but my booking was for a king sized bed. The staff assured us that they will change for us a room with king sized bed on the next day as none was available on our arrival day. Apart from the hassle of unpacking and re-packing, the matter was solved pretty fast.
Their deluxe room was exactly like advertised. Very spacious room with a working desk and sofa. The bathroom was unique with the see through glass - suitable a romantic moment. If you need privacy, just put down the roller blinds. Beds are comfy. Sheets and towels are clean. Toiletries provided. There is hairdryer, bathrobes and iron in the room as well.
Wifi signal ok, but gotta re-login every morning. Our rooms are towards the end of the corridor and still manage to get the signals.
TV channels are a little boring. It would be nice to have more international channel for movies. Most channels are in Thai, so understanding the show is a bit hard. Anyway, we hardly have time for TV so it's not much of a problem.
Breakfast spread was good, with slight changes to some dishes daily so you will not get bored of the food. Breakfast served from 6:00AM to 10:00AM. The crowd usually comes around 9:00AM, so be there early if you prefer a quiet breakfast.
There's a sky bar by the pool at the highest floor. We went up to have a look. Prices are reasonable, but seems like it closes early, by 10:00PM. No fun, if you plan to stay up late and enjoy the night view. Pool is small, water looks clear but tiles colour looks dirty.
The hotel is located within walking distance to Chong Nongsi BTS station. It's only 5 minutes walk. With the BTS, you can basically go to most tourists attractions! One station away is Sala Daeng, where all the shops and Patpong night market are. You may also walk there. Taxis are abundant outside of hotel, but be prepared to negotiate.
Overall nice stay. Staffs are very friendly and always greet you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Furama Silom, Bangkok features 258 expansive guestrooms that are decorated with a combination of modern and contemporary Thai style of sleek glass panels creating a luxurious yet cosy feel. An elegant flatship 4-star hotel features Superior Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, Executive Rooms and Suite. Every room allows you to enjoy the dazzling view of metropolitan Bangkok. Contemporary High-rise Hotel located in city center, near business areaA large outdoor swimming pool on 20th floor located at the rooftop with cooling breeze of metropolitan air provides guests with the ideal place to catch a bit of sun to refresh your tan and a refreshing dip in the pool. Alternatively, the pool bar also offers light snacks and drinks. Other Facilities are also with well-equipped like fitness center, sauna, steam room and lockers. Likewise, 2 function rooms and banquet facilities with modern audiovisual equipment can accommodate up to 100 people. High-speed internet access is also available for guests' use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Travelbag, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Furama Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furama Silom Hotel Bangkok
- Unico Grande Silom Bangkok
- Unico Grande Silom Hotel Bangkok