I booked this hotel for a colleague of mine. So the reservation was paid for by me and under my name. I asked my colleague to send me her review of this property and this is what she wrote to me to post:
I always like to start off with the positives so here it goes:
.........there were no positives for this property.
1: When I arrived in a cab, I requested for a taxi receipt from the cab driver, after some discussion, the doorman, with a smile, told me he will give it to me. Turned out he was kidding when I went to the front desk- he went like ‘hotel is actually not associated with taxis’. Who does this to hotel guests? Apparently it was funny to the staff at Furama hotel to humiliate their guests.
2: Requested for an international charger for three days, every day they asked me to go down with 100 Baht for rental and when I reached the front desk they told me it was out of stock.. FO Manager promised to call me but did not do so at all for the rest of my stay. I was there for 10 days. What other property promises a guest something and doesn’t follow through? Furama Hotel.
3: On the first day when they told me their international charger was all taken up, they suggested I get it from the mini-mart nearby, when I went over, there was no international charger there at all in the shop.
4: The key card was faulty and did not work after I went back to my room from the minimart, the other key was in my room and when I went back down to the Front desk, they requested to see my passport details for verification. I have the current key card with me and I told them “But my passport is in my room”. They told me they needed proof and it never occurred to them to simply walk me to my room to open the door so I could show them my passport. Who doesn't replace a faulty key card to their guests? Furama Hotel
5: Room itself stinks of stale smoke. Disgusting for non smokers. Requested for a change but they told me that it was all fully occupied and that was not possible until the next day. Which is not true I went online and checked and they had available rooms, they just couldn't be bothered. When I asked again the next day, before leaving for work, they told me to go pack my luggage and they will change if there is a room available, no news and I gave up on asking and stayed 10 days in a disgusting room.
6: The Wi-Fi is completely unreliable don’t even bother, goes off every 5 seconds, not even kidding. Used my own hotspot for entire duration of my stay. So if you want free wifi like they promise, dream on.
7: when I left for work, requested a bottle of water from the housekeeping staff down the corridor, (they were on her trolley she was going from room to room), she refused to give it to me and said she will put it in my room. I said I was leaving for work already, but she said the hotel only provides two per room everyday. So I should get from my room after she tops it up. Totally refused to give me.
8: When checking out (27Jun-8am), the first staff (a male) I talked to in the front desk was very rude and did not smile at all during our duration of our conversation, I requested for a receipt for my stay, he went exactly like this ‘you booked through travel agent, so you get the receipt from them, not us. ’ in a completely annoyed tone. Then I asked again, ‘I see, could you then provide me with a written note then?’ then he went in an exasperated manner: ‘No. you want a note? Get from the travel agent. We don’t provide it.’ Another(much nicer) lady came and took over after that to explain, though.
9. Like swimming? There is a pool upstairs with yellow water in it. Enjoy!
Quite tiring dealing with this staff as every single requests were rejected/made so complicated.
You want to destroy your stay in Bangkok? Stay at the Furama. You want a stay with some dignity and respect, STAY AWAY FROM FURAMA! Furama hotels, shame on for the worst trained staff in the hospitality industry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Furama Silom, Bangkok features 258 expansive guestrooms that are decorated with a combination of modern and contemporary Thai style of sleek glass panels creating a luxurious yet cosy feel. An elegant flatship 4-star hotel features Superior Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, Executive Rooms and Suite. Every room allows you to enjoy the dazzling view of metropolitan Bangkok. Contemporary High-rise Hotel located in city center, near business areaA large outdoor swimming pool on 20th floor located at the rooftop with cooling breeze of metropolitan air provides guests with the ideal place to catch a bit of sun to refresh your tan and a refreshing dip in the pool. Alternatively, the pool bar also offers light snacks and drinks. Other Facilities are also with well-equipped like fitness center, sauna, steam room and lockers. Likewise, 2 function rooms and banquet facilities with modern audiovisual equipment can accommodate up to 100 people. High-speed internet access is also available for guests' use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, Expedia, Nozio Netplan srl, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Furama Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furama Silom Hotel Bangkok
- Unico Grande Silom Bangkok
- Unico Grande Silom Hotel Bangkok