This review is late because of Trip rules that it cannot be reviewed for some time after travel even though have stayed at the same hotel twice at different times on the same trip !!!!!
We started our trip to Cambodia / Vietnam in Bangkok after flying in from London to Hong Kong and then on to Bang kok ( if you want to know why this route please ask ) So I chose the Furama because of its reviews ( some negative but I make up my own mind ) and value for money so this review was for the end of our trip and because of this we had been up graded to a better room it was the same size as the one before but this time had an all round glass bathroom and toilet not to our liking as a mature couple but very nice to some people,Again no time to visit MBK shopping mall but had time to visit the roof top pool bar with lovely views of Bangkok skyline,The drinks in the bar were not cheap £10.00 ( $15 ) for 4 halves,This time had time to visit Pat Pong night market what some deals DVD clothes etc etc in Tuk Tuk dont pay any more than £2.00 ( $4 ) didnt have time to go to bars etc but found 7/11 shop across the road and a mini mart near to hotel great for a few beers etc for the room so this with room service for a quick snack was all that was needed.Again next day b/fast was as usual substantial and catering for all nationalaties and choice .Taxi from airport and return 500 Baht £10.00 ( $ 15.00) this fare includes express way so you have to negociate the price and to include expressway or not
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Furama Silom, Bangkok features 258 expansive guestrooms that are decorated with a combination of modern and contemporary Thai style of sleek glass panels creating a luxurious yet cosy feel. An elegant flatship 4-star hotel features Superior Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, Executive Rooms and Suite. Every room allows you to enjoy the dazzling view of metropolitan Bangkok. Contemporary High-rise Hotel located in city center, near business areaA large outdoor swimming pool on 20th floor located at the rooftop with cooling breeze of metropolitan air provides guests with the ideal place to catch a bit of sun to refresh your tan and a refreshing dip in the pool. Alternatively, the pool bar also offers light snacks and drinks. Other Facilities are also with well-equipped like fitness center, sauna, steam room and lockers. Likewise, 2 function rooms and banquet facilities with modern audiovisual equipment can accommodate up to 100 people. High-speed internet access is also available for guests' use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Furama Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furama Silom Hotel Bangkok
- Unico Grande Silom Bangkok
- Unico Grande Silom Hotel Bangkok