“friendly & attentive staffs...”
Review of TK Palace Hotel

TK Palace Hotel
Ranked #478 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Phuket,
“friendly & attentive staffs...”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

At first it was not my intention to stay here but I had no choice because my usual place was full and this hotel was reccommended by my colleague..It's near the place I did business with. Anyway, I would say it a 3+ star, mainly cater THAI & Asian customers, mostly come for conference (they have many conference rooms). Check in was a little delay due to the fact that I came before check-in time (1400 Hrs) but reception was friendly and try to find room for me. Thier English is quite workable. Lobby is spacious but not so fancy, quite dated. Room is big enough to spread your legs and luggages. It look like they have just finished renovation. even though room is fully carpeted but no smell at all, bathroom is not that big but it has a bathtub (surprise !) amenities is enough, free drinking water, coffee/tea making machine, free Wi-Fi, etc. breakfast is buffet style but more on Asian dishes. Anyway, I have no problem with that it taste good ..Hotel has one restaurant and it has a buffet lunch costing 399 bht/person..it's ok, value for money. Easy to go anywhere because hotel is located by the roadside (Changwattana Rd). Asked bellboy to get taxi for you in less than 10 minutes. SHopping centre nearby (big C & Tessco) within waling distance around 10-15 minutes. In general, it's OK

Room Tip: Ask for Non Smoking Floor
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Thai first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 22 March 2013

The hotel location is easy to find from the main road - Jangwatana. Food is goof for breakfast and lunch. meeting room is convenient. the weak point is bed cloth that smelled like old socks. Adequate parking.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2013

very good if you have an Air Asia connection as Air Asia have moved their hub to the refurbished airport and it is close by.Our flight was at 6AM and it took us 20 mins by cab to get to the airport
The hotel was clean and meals ,buffet style were good. Swimming pool adjacent was used to cool down

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Sydney
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Our recent trip to Thailand started at the TK Palace. This wasn't my first visit and I should say that I thought they standard had lifted since the last (4 years ago).
The TK Palace has been upgraded to include more conference spaces and it now feels bigger and grander.
The room we had for our one night stay was one of the older style rooms and was what I was expecting. The linen was clean, the layout simple, the bathroom fittings of an earlier era and the shower head needed replacing. Nothing surprised me at all.
Breakfast was limited as it was a Sunday. The staff tried to be helpful but my Thai is very limited as was their English.
I am in this area a couple of times a year so may stay again. There are other cheaper options nearby.

Room Tip: Monday to Friday - the breakfast buffet has broader options (I have been reliably informed!)
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My overall experience at TK Palace was underwhelming. First, it took me a long time to get here from the airport. The hotel is close to the old airport (Don Muang), but most international and domestic flights are in Subharnabhumi Aiport further south. It's the Chaeng Wattana area of north Bangkok. It is close to the new government complex, so if you have business with government agencies such as tourism or ICT, you might the location convenient. But if you're a first time visitor to Bangkok, this place will be very far from most of the sites downtown, and there are no BTS or subway station servicing the area. But since you are far from the tourist areas, you will have a more authentic suburban Thai experience. There are a Big C and Tesco Lotus supermarkets 10-15 minutes walk on the other side of the highway, if you want to do some groceries or eat out.

The hotel itself is a bit dated, and hard to get to. Taxis won't usually know the place, so bring a map. Lobby is pleasant enough, as is the reception staff, but not too helpful. English is limited, as I suspect they don't get too many foreigners. The room I got was on the old wing. I was greeted with a musky smell, dark red carpeting and Asian 80s-style furnishings. The size of the room was large, but unfortunately, the window faced a firewall, so I almost got no sunlight. TV had limited English channels. Hot water was not working in the shower. There was leftover cigarette smoke, and the room was not too clean. The breakfast had a limited selection, which did not vary much during the 4 days I was there. Surprisingly for Thailand, the food was not good. The restaurant staff seemed uninterested in providing good service, and were not smiling.

I was here for a meeting, but nevertheless, the overall experience left me disappointed. You would stay here only if you want quick access to the Don Muang airport or have business with the government agencies in the area. This is definitely not a place for holidaymakers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the window actually faces the sky!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank TheShrike_inManila
London
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We loved the TK PALACE HOTEL ! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, although the hotel is near shopping center it is just across the street. It is located in a pretty touristy area and we still managed to have a great sleep undisturbed by any noise. I would definitely come back here if I return to Bangkok , it was well worth the money !

Room Tip: Only 15 minutes to Airport and shopping center
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ohsyken
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 11 March 2008

I didn't want to write a terrible review because a lot of the staff such as the maids and the bellboys were very gracious, so I will give you only the facts:

1. The hotel advertises karaoke, even on posters in the elevators: when we asked the front desk, they looked at us like we were crazy to be asking where the karaoke was and told us there was no karaoke at the hotel.
2. When we asked for more stationary because it was not replenished in our room, we got the same reaction & response.
3. There were ants and small insects in the room.
4. The breakfast... ok, so they tried, but nothing to write home about.
5. Slow and expensive internet. You can buy 15 minutes, 45 minutes or 24 hours (which needs to be used within 48 hours). You cannot purchase 12 hours or anything. 45minutes ~24hr gap is quite large and you know that either way, you are being ripped off. Reception was also rude about this issue.
6. Very poor water pressure for the shower and sink.
7. Toiletries are very poor quality, especially the shampoo.
8. Construction going on at the time beside the hotel. Usually, hotels give something complimentary such as internet or at least a fruit basket when there is construction noise going on all day right next to the hotel.
9. Thin walls. Very thin, you can hear next door and the corridor.
10. Staying in over hundreds of hotels in my life, I have never come across one that has called up to the room to tell us not to wash clothes in our room. Even some 5 star hotels offer retractable washing lines so that you can wash simple things like hosery or underwear (even if they offer laundry service). We left things to dry above the bathtub, but we didn't think that they would have a problem with this. Evidently, they did.. which is petty. In a way, it was an invasion of privacy and free right.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13 Thank Jetsetta100

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels