“Not as good as usual”
Review of Dream Bangkok

Dream Bangkok
Ranked #87 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times. This past visit was not up to par. The primary issue was the wifi. Though it appears to be excellent in the main building, in the annex across the street it was awful. Very slow. And I was asked to,log in every 30 minutes, for 4 days! Complained and the tech led me through some steps on the phone. The equipment is way better in the main bldg. plus my room smelled funky, and was smaller. Also, the website booked me for a single, and I thought i had booked a double. i asked to upgrade, but they could not, as they were full. So we were stuck with a 4 foot bed. Lastly, the breakfast buffet is a bit tired. Very small selection of dishes. Other than that, this is a fine hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mark0007
Write a ReviewReviews (2,865)

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Another good stay at the Dream Hotel in BKK.

This was my 4th time and it's still somewhere I would recommend.

This place is pretty consistent, it's always the same good standard, breakfast buffet the same as before - still good, rooms very clean and tidy, the neon blue is a nice touch and the guys on the desk and doors are still very friendly and helpful. Free Wi-Fi was included but a little inconsistent, I sometimes had to use another rooms wi-fi due to my room not working. If you request anything from Housekeeping - they are very fast.

I split my stay with a trip to Hua Hin and on my first stay I had a Queen size bed which was unusual in Dream 2. I've not had this before at Dream so check your booking carefully. In truth it never caused me any concern but on my second stay I had a very nice size room with a king size bed but I think we paid approx £10 a night more for this.

Dream is on Soi 15, very close to Sukhumvit and the Robinson dept store for changing money and getting groceries etc. Walking distance to Terminal 21 too. Pool is good although not very big for the amount of rooms that are at the hotel and it can be difficult to get a bed sometimes.

I would stay at this hotel again on my next stay in BKK.

Room Tip: Stay in Dream 1 if you want to be in the same buidling as the bar and breakfast room, stay in Dream...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank SaintEtienneLee
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

Still nice and funky although it is a bit worn... Cool reception, great staff, good breakfast! nice touch with daily fresh fruit in room! Pool area small and gym pretty lousy... Location good in sukhumvit. Both sky train and subway just around the corner!!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Singha13
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed here for two nights just before my flight back home to the US after 4 weeks of traveling around the country. Overall this was a very comfortable and nice place to spend my last nights in thailand especially when compared to the rock hard un-arconditioned beds I'd been staying at in hostels around the country. Needless to say I slept like a baby on what felt like a mattress made of clouds.

The overall decor gives you this modern trendy feel which I found to be pretty cool. I always appreciate it when a hotel puts extra effort to make the place look nice and unique. It is located in the sukhumvit neighborhood which makes it a close walking distance to several malls and shopping as well as some pretty good nightlife. Also the complimentary breakfast was really nice and a great way to start the day.

A couple of gripes which keep this from getting a 5 star rating.

- The hotel is actually split between two buildings which are across the street from each other with the pool and restaurant each in separate buildings. My room was in the building with the pool, but when I wanted to get breakfast in the morning I had to trek outside through the Bangkok heat to get to the restaurant. Usually I like staying at a place where I can reach all the amenities without having to leave the comfort of the hotel.

-The staff were generally less friendly and helpful than other places I've stayed at in Bangkok.

- An example of my last gripe: On my last day after checking out, I asked if I could get a tuk-tuk to the skytrain (as this is a free service that they advertise). I was told to wait outside. After 20 min it never arrived. I even went back in twice to ask if it was still coming and was given brush off responses. In the end I had to walk to the skytrain, not a very good final impression for me.

Overall it was a very comfortable hotel for a reasonable price. But knowing there are just as good if not better hotels in the same neighborhood I probably won't ever be going back there.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank filio623
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed for 5 nights at the end of a SE Asia trip as it was recommended to me and it didn't disappoint. I was in Dream2 which means a walk across the road to Dream1 for breakfast but only a short trip to the roof top swimming pool as its in the dream 2 building. Dream is well located for both the skytrain and metro and there is great street food, bars and shopping near by.
My room was large with queen sized bed and good sized sitting area for relaxing. Both room and bathroom were spotless and breakfast was very good with a wide range of food. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank ABA6535
Reviewed 21 February 2013

At our last stay i was happy and pleased to get a warm welcome again. Te staff is very attentive. They work hard and fast. I can recommend this hotel because of it's ideal location and nice comfy rooms. The hotel is located near Asok BTS station (Sukhumvit MRT station).
We Re-newed our wedding vowels at the hotel, what was superb organized. Thank you Dream team. It is a day to remember!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Dream 1 (there are two buildings) for six nights in February. Well located on Sukumvit within 5-10 minutes walking to both BTS and MRT stations, from where you can go practically anywhere easily.

The staff were very accommodating to fulfil our room requests at the last minute. Our room was clean and neat with the comfiest beds ever! The pillows in particular were the best I have ever encountered and the pillows alone are worth a booking here! Minibar well stocked, if quite pricey. Good television channels with plenty of foreign options. Free fruit and cookies delivered daily. The blue lights however are really just a gimmick and we found them too bright for sleeping.

Breakfast buffet was very good with plenty of options including sushi, cheeses, pastries and an excellent variety of breads.

Service here was very attentive and helpful. Room service was not spectacular but okay for when you can't be bothered leaving the air conditioned comfort for the hot and sticky streets of Bangkok.

Dream Bangkok was a pleasure to return to after a long day of hustle and bustle. We will certainly return when in Bangkok again!

• Stayed: February 2013