“Consistently Good”
Review of Dream Bangkok

Dream Bangkok
Ranked #88 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I have stayed here with my friends 4 times now. We stay here when we arrive from the states for our 6 month sojourn, and we stay here in the middle when we bounce back to the good old USA for a visa run. The staff is always kind and helpful, no one tries to hustle us to go shopping in a tuk-tuk at some side alley gem shop (as happened at another 5 star hotel) and there aren't ornery cab drivers lurking around the building haranguing you for a ride every 30 seconds. They're out there, but you have to walk way down the street to get to them.

The breakfast is just lovely. Fresh juices, the usual Bangkok international fare of American/European/Asian breakfast choices. And it seems to run forever. We've stumbled down pretty late after a late night arrival and still managed to be fed.

It is very centrally located, and since we know the city pretty well, we can just walk to the Skytrain and get to where we want to go. It's only at the end of the block and not an unpleasant walk. There is a lot of decent shopping right in the area and some indoor malls within walking distance. There are a couple of amazing fitness clubs nearby with amenities I never dreamed of and we also just happened to find a music and sound shop that had really good studio monitors that we picked up for a good price and brought back to our Thai home in the country for production purposes.

All in all, it's a great location. A little off the beaten track and away from the noise of Chitlom or Nana. Very comfortable. They make us feel like friends returning after a long time away. It's very nice.

Room Tip: It is two towers, the main one has the dining room, the other has the pool. Take your pick, but you...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
13  Thank Stevenredd

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times. This past visit was not up to par. The primary issue was the wifi. Though it appears to be excellent in the main building, in the annex across the street it was awful. Very slow. And I was asked to,log in every 30 minutes, for 4 days! Complained and the tech led me through some steps on the phone. The equipment is way better in the main bldg. plus my room smelled funky, and was smaller. Also, the website booked me for a single, and I thought i had booked a double. i asked to upgrade, but they could not, as they were full. So we were stuck with a 4 foot bed. Lastly, the breakfast buffet is a bit tired. Very small selection of dishes. Other than that, this is a fine hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mark0007
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Another good stay at the Dream Hotel in BKK.

This was my 4th time and it's still somewhere I would recommend.

This place is pretty consistent, it's always the same good standard, breakfast buffet the same as before - still good, rooms very clean and tidy, the neon blue is a nice touch and the guys on the desk and doors are still very friendly and helpful. Free Wi-Fi was included but a little inconsistent, I sometimes had to use another rooms wi-fi due to my room not working. If you request anything from Housekeeping - they are very fast.

I split my stay with a trip to Hua Hin and on my first stay I had a Queen size bed which was unusual in Dream 2. I've not had this before at Dream so check your booking carefully. In truth it never caused me any concern but on my second stay I had a very nice size room with a king size bed but I think we paid approx £10 a night more for this.

Dream is on Soi 15, very close to Sukhumvit and the Robinson dept store for changing money and getting groceries etc. Walking distance to Terminal 21 too. Pool is good although not very big for the amount of rooms that are at the hotel and it can be difficult to get a bed sometimes.

I would stay at this hotel again on my next stay in BKK.

Room Tip: Stay in Dream 1 if you want to be in the same buidling as the bar and breakfast room, stay in Dream...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank SaintEtienneLee
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

Still nice and funky although it is a bit worn... Cool reception, great staff, good breakfast! nice touch with daily fresh fruit in room! Pool area small and gym pretty lousy... Location good in sukhumvit. Both sky train and subway just around the corner!!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Singha13
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed here for two nights just before my flight back home to the US after 4 weeks of traveling around the country. Overall this was a very comfortable and nice place to spend my last nights in thailand especially when compared to the rock hard un-arconditioned beds I'd been staying at in hostels around the country. Needless to say I slept like a baby on what felt like a mattress made of clouds.

The overall decor gives you this modern trendy feel which I found to be pretty cool. I always appreciate it when a hotel puts extra effort to make the place look nice and unique. It is located in the sukhumvit neighborhood which makes it a close walking distance to several malls and shopping as well as some pretty good nightlife. Also the complimentary breakfast was really nice and a great way to start the day.

A couple of gripes which keep this from getting a 5 star rating.

- The hotel is actually split between two buildings which are across the street from each other with the pool and restaurant each in separate buildings. My room was in the building with the pool, but when I wanted to get breakfast in the morning I had to trek outside through the Bangkok heat to get to the restaurant. Usually I like staying at a place where I can reach all the amenities without having to leave the comfort of the hotel.

-The staff were generally less friendly and helpful than other places I've stayed at in Bangkok.

- An example of my last gripe: On my last day after checking out, I asked if I could get a tuk-tuk to the skytrain (as this is a free service that they advertise). I was told to wait outside. After 20 min it never arrived. I even went back in twice to ask if it was still coming and was given brush off responses. In the end I had to walk to the skytrain, not a very good final impression for me.

Overall it was a very comfortable hotel for a reasonable price. But knowing there are just as good if not better hotels in the same neighborhood I probably won't ever be going back there.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank filio623
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed for 5 nights at the end of a SE Asia trip as it was recommended to me and it didn't disappoint. I was in Dream2 which means a walk across the road to Dream1 for breakfast but only a short trip to the roof top swimming pool as its in the dream 2 building. Dream is well located for both the skytrain and metro and there is great street food, bars and shopping near by.
My room was large with queen sized bed and good sized sitting area for relaxing. Both room and bathroom were spotless and breakfast was very good with a wide range of food. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank ABA6535
Reviewed 21 February 2013

At our last stay i was happy and pleased to get a warm welcome again. Te staff is very attentive. They work hard and fast. I can recommend this hotel because of it's ideal location and nice comfy rooms. The hotel is located near Asok BTS station (Sukhumvit MRT station).
We Re-newed our wedding vowels at the hotel, what was superb organized. Thank you Dream team. It is a day to remember!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple