“Perfect as always!”
Review of Dream Bangkok

Dream Bangkok
Ranked #85 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Dream hotel recently got a new executive assistant manager. The hotel still provides the same good quality as before, only now there are some new activities such as live music at the Pool Bar on fridays.
It's really cozy and fun! They take away the pool beds and make place for lazy cushions. Just great!
The hotel is ideally located and trendy that are a couple of reasons we keep on coming back for! They just offer anything one could need in a big city such as Bangkok!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are more spacious!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank appeltje
Write a ReviewReviews (2,811)

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is a perfectly adequate hotel. I go to Bangkok fairly frequently and usually stay at another hotel nearby (that has a lower TripAdvisor rating) so decided to try this out this time since I got a promotional rate that was about 30% cheaper than my usual. It wasn't worth it.

The Dream suffers from what I call boutique-itis...where a hotelier will just gussy things up a bit and call it a boutique. It's kind of a silk purse out of a sow's ear-type situation. While they've done a nice job in the breakfast room (& the breakfasts are nice,) and the beds are nice as well, they can't do much with the fact that the rooms are a bit musty and the walls are paper thin. (I had a very good idea of everything the German fellow in the room next to me was doing the entire time I was there and I'm sure vice-versa...And the first time he turned on his TV I thought "Who turned on the TV in my room?" I could hear it that "well.") Finally, and this is kind of unforgivable, though the in-room Wifi worked well, it completely messed up my PC (after I checked out, every time I attempted to open a browser it attempted to serve me an ad, usually for properties in India,) and I was forced to do a system restore to a time prior to when I checked into the hotel. Because of that, I would suggest using the LAN cable instead if you've got a PC.

But, what really irritates me about this place is the ridiculous claims this hotel makes on its website. For instance, claiming it's a "Five Star"...which is one of the first things they boast about on their website: they must be dreaming! It's not even a Four Star...I'd call it a solid Three. I mean, in a Five Star when I ask at the front desk if they have a disposable razor since I'd forgotten to bring one, they would have one. On its website The Dream says "If you don't see it, just ask," They don't mention the part about waiting an hour for someone from housekeeping to actually show up with it. Then that razor would be replaced without you asking over and over again (which I didn't do, I went to 7-11 instead.) I know it's a small thing, but you shouldn't claim Five Star service without actually providing it. Also, in a Five Star I wouldn't have to wait when I checked out (a very long time, as it turned out,) for someone to "check" my room to see if I'd pinched anything. I mean, they had already swiped my credit card when I checked in even though my room was prepaid, so if I had, that should've covered it...Again, a "Five Star" as they claim to be wouldn't do that. Some other claims on their website that aren't exactly true: "Lavish rooftop swimming pool." I won't split hairs about whether it's lavish, at least it's cute. And it is on a rooftop. Problem is, it's not actually on the rooftop of the main hotel, it's on the rooftop of some building across the street. So if you'd envisioned yourself sauntering down to the pool in a robe and slippers (as you might expect in a Five Star,) be prepared to dodge motorcycle taxis crossing the road to the building the pool is actually located in. I could go on, it's almost funny. Except it's not. Deliver on what you promise or else don't promise it.

Room Tip: Do whatever you can to get a room in a quiet area. Maybe if you specifically say something when you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank mikebern
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed in the Dream Bangkok Hotel overnight on my transit through. The hotel is not clearly visible unless you walk down Soi 15. The staff was very attentive and friendly to assist with anything you like to do. The room was very nicely decorated with mood lighting in the classic suite. There were a bunch of switches which made it a bit frustrating to figure out but once you do it is nice. The bathroom was very spacious and had a separate tub from the rain shower. The only thing that was odd about the room was the hot water in the shower took a long time to warm up and the TV in the living room was mounted in an odd location away from the couch so watching in the living room was not great. The hotel actually consists of two buildings so I guess all the suites are in the annex which was nice as the side street was quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the main area. I would definitely return again to stay here.

A suggestion for those first time travelers is to take some time to familiarize with the area as there are different routes you can take to/from the hotel to avoid the masses of traffic which will come in handy if you are there for more than a few days.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank PYC-88
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great hotel very clean nice rooms helpful staff loved the blue light in room so different from any where else stayed breakfast was good to close to every thing you need and bts line for getting any where else

Room Tip: Stayed in deluxe room sofa for chilling on when in room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jackjones01
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We booked via agoda and we checked the hotel rating on tripadvisor first so we didn't expect this kind of service! We checked in around 10.00 pm the lady who was there name Gift who never ever smiled and grumpy all the time! No greeting, no service offering even worst she forgot to activated our key card then we can't access the elevator so I returned to the reception. She didn't apologize and even worst she acted like she really annoyed to this thing!!
I swear the god I didn't do anything to her at all! This is so unacceptable for the hotel business!
The hotel decoration is cool, i like it a lot, the room is a bit old same as towel. The air grill should be cleaned, quiet dirty. The location is not bad, near terminal 21 and soi 11!

Stayed: December 2556, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abbie_24_mie
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and found the staff pleasant and helpful and the room comfortable, if a little small. Cake, fruit and biscuits were a nice touch. Room cleaned and towels changed each day. There is a bedside switch to turn off the blue lighting if you don't like it. Bathroom could do with a deep clean and the frosted, sliding door does not fit properly, so there is a distinct lack of privacy.

Loved the decor in the lobby and the bar area, especially when lit up at night. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice and the two evening meals we had were delicious. I don't know why the restaurant and bar were so quiet.

Nice pool area over in Dream 2 and a chap stops traffic to enable you to cross the narrow but busy street.

There are themed evenings in the pool area where you can relax on beanbags, have drinks and listen to music. I must say the ambience was spoiled somewhat by the presence of a group of businessmen and their young prostitutes. The hotel is in a red light area and appears to have a relaxed attitude to the comings and goings of these individuals. I now understand why free condoms are provided with the tea bags and coffee! Still, I'm sure it goes on at the more classy joints, too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peggysue566
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Great little boutique hotel in Soi 15 - thus close to everything but mega quiet. Great rooms, kitsch bar area (do visit the unique toilets on level 2), and the best thing - the staff. They were very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends