“A dream to stay at”

Dream Bangkok
Ranked #99 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“A dream to stay at”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Great location, easy walking distance to bars and restaurants but on a quiet street so way from noise. Lovely modern decor, and blue lighting in room adds a nice touch. Rooms are not excessively big but liveable and decent clean bathroom. Beds a comfortable nd the room has air conditioning and free wifi. Breakfast buffet good too. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Geev Andre B, Executive Assistant Manager at Dream Bangkok, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Jaspreet C,

Thank you for having chosen Dream Bangkok, it is our utmost pleasure to understand, that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We wish you well and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Best regards, Your Dream Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Urbana, Maryland
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great Hotel in a good location. Easy to navigate Bangkok from here although you will find it a bit seedy at night, however noone will bother you unless you want them to. Good rooftop pool and bar onsite

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Albertini3666
Geev Andre B, Executive Assistant Manager at Dream Bangkok, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Albertini3666,

Thank you very much your you valuable rating here on TripAdvisor.

First of all, thank you for having choosen our hotel. Guests apprechiate the strategic location. We transfer guests free of charge with our TukTuk to the shopping center Terminal 21, where you have direct access to skytrain or MRT subway.

We are pleased to hear, that you enjoyed our services at the rooftop pool bar. Our dedicated team will be pleased to welcome you back on an other occasion.

We wish you well and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Best regards,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been returning to Dream regularly over the last year--probably on 10 occurences. Quality price ratio is excellent. Far enough from Sukhumvit road to be quiet, but yet easy access from Nana or Asok BTS or Sukhumvit MRT stations, and hence also from BKK airport. Always clean, comfortable, spacious rooms, daily fruit and cookies included. Hotel has a gym, a rooftop pool and bar and a very good buffet breakfast in the morning for the same price.
All personel from doorman, reception, housekeeping and restaurant is efficient, discrete, extremely polite and will always try to help or accomodate your requests.
If you compare what you get for similar price in the area, it is excellent. I hope they remain this way!

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms at the end of the corridors--wifi signal is not as strong there...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BF P
Dear BF P,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience here on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear, that our returning guests appreciate the efforts of our teams and that you enjoy the hotel great location in the center of Bangkok. We continue the way we manage the hotel, for you to come back with family and friends.

The entire team is looking forward to your return. Thank you for your loyalty and trust.

Best regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have never written a review for a hotel before, but this time round I felt that I had to show some appreciation to the great hospitality shown by the staff of dream hotel.

In a nutshell, I really enjoyed my stay at dream hotel and I wished I could stay a little longer.

Thank you Dream hotel you guys made me feel right at home.

Read more to find out;

Rooms: The room was were comfortable and clean. Mini bar was well stock and have almost everything you might need. From chocolates to champagne. Only issue is Wifi connectivity in room was really unstable and slow.

Staff: All the staff that I have met from reception to room service were polite friendly and helpful. Not only do they hold the door, they greet you with a smile all the time.

Great hospitality:

- Called room service for ice, within minutes I got my request.

- Faulty TV n DVD player at about 1230am. A technician arrived shortly, troubleshoot, politely excuse himself and came back with a new LCD TV to replaced the faulty one. (Efficient!)

- There was a curfew during my visit and everyone has to be off the streets by 1030pm.
So I had to pack dinner, the moment I got back to my room, room service appeared with 2 full sets of dining ware. Next day, house keeping washed it, dried it and place them neatly just in case I needed it again. (Wow!)

- When I got back to my room one evening, there was a huge piece of chocolate brownie complimented with a card filled with birthday wishes from the hotel staff. Sounds gimmicky I know, but it was still a really sweet of dream hotel to take note of my birthday, much appreciated.

ADDITIONAL info:

Accessibility: From the airport it took me an hour or so to find the hotel. Airport link (Phaya Thai) 45bht > BTS (Asok station) 35bht > 5 mins walk to soi 15. There is also a MRT station 2mins walk from Asok station. You can avoid traffic and get to places easily, more affordable and faster.

Location: Within 15mins radius walking distance you can find street local delights, cafés, pizzas, bars and korean BBQ. Plenty to eat and shop. 10mins walk from Dream is Terminal 21 (New mall), nice interior design and a food court with a great variety of local delights.

4 Thank AmplifiedSociety
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed 1 June 2014

As with so many other great reviews about Dream, I will be counted as among them. Truly a very pleasant hotel that is located near to the main road of Sukhumvit and shopping malls. Staff at Front Desk, Concierge, Diners and housekeeping - all are friendly and always ready to help. Breakfast is a sumptuous spread and fresh too.

Decor and interiors is pretty much the same as what many of the tourists had posted in this web site - contemporarily elegant! It does make you feel you are staying in a chic-yet-grand hotel. Room lightings are really cool. Fresh fruits (and I mean fresh!) are provided daily. Sheets are really clean and smell fresh. PILLOWS - oooh so soft and comfy! Btw the room I had was a double occupancy sized room. Comes with a 40-in LCD TV and DVD player.

The rooftop pool is just good for relaxing. Too short for a real swim, but well, you can do 5-7 strokes before you reach the end of the pool :P

Duration of stay: 2 nights.
Please bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste.

To sum up - I will return to this hotel if I go Bangkok and will recommend others as well :) WELL DONE, Dream!

Suggestion: It will be really helpful if Dream Hotel consider putting up info on "How to get to our hotel" into their web site. Although taxi is most convenient, I also knew you can take the MRT/BTS too which will save you 300bht.

If you are taking a taxi from the airport and you do not speak Thai, have the address of the hotel ready and show it to the Airport Taxi kiosk service staff. They will convey the address to the taxi driver on your behalf. (the word "DREAM" does has a good ring even to the locals) The meter displayed fare about 400bht. Toll charges was about 120-140bht.

From hotel to airport, I took the MRT/BTS which cost less than 200bht. Dream Hotel's very own tuk-tuk will shuttle you to the nearest station :)

Room Tip: I chose non-smoking room which happened to be on the 8th floor of the main hotel block (where the fr...
3 Thank Logan L
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 31 May 2014

First I think this is important to note if you're unfamiliar with Bangkok; this is very near popular sex tourism locations and so this isn't suitable for children and possibly not couples - nor if you're uncomfortable with the "dirty" industry or being hit on by prostitutes if you're a guy.

Other than that, the location is fine. Right near Asok BTS/Skytrain. Many food options nearby and the shopping is alright.
The hotel itself, rooms are neat, stylish and clean. Room-service maids also do a super job. I don't eat here because I like to explore the city's dining options, nor did I stay in the bar for the same reason - no opinion there. Just really good rooms with plenty of space. Great shower and bathroom. Aircon adjustable. It's a great hotel for the price, at the same time nothing mind blowing.

I'm giving 4 and it's mostly because I like being able to walk the streets without being solicited by working girls every 5 seconds, this could potentially be a terrible holiday if you are unaware and know that this place isn't for everyone.

1 Thank Arild S
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Extremely helpful and polite front desk. Very nice room. I was in room 702. Although not still comfortable with the concept of a sliding door leading to the bath room, everything was very good. The breakfast in Flava restaurant was very good with a very decent spread. House keeping was fast and efficient. Arranged a private limousine for me as I had to leave during curfew hours. Although I am from India , certain Indian guests were too loud and haughty in behavior , suggest the hotel authorities put them in place. Nothing would be lost. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Well, there should not be any room with a view. However, I was quite happy. The aircon was quite eff...